Awesome music!

Awesome music!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Just wonderful, the music on twitch right now – love it!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Awesome music!

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i’ll 2nd dat

An Error Prevented Saving:

Message Body length must at least be 15.

Awesome music!

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I thought it was stupid and was going to turn it off. im still listening to it.

Awesome music!

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

…and they keep on going! Gotta love great musicians, and great tunes, no matter the genre! love

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Awesome music!

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

That’s amazing, ty for this ANet.

VoxL, NSPPT

Awesome music!

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Wonderful Music there. ( Fear not this Night )

Also no Dubstep in GW2. At least not this year xD

Awesome music!

Posted by: Syviren.7086

Syviren.7086

Please, for the love of all 6 gods, POST THAT SOMEWHERE!!! I want to listen to that, like 4 million more times. PLEASE post it on youtube or something! Would be an amazing advertising!!! PLEASE!!!

Amazing! 10/10!

Awesome music!

Walhalla.5473

Please, for the love of all 6 gods, POST THAT SOMEWHERE!!! I want to listen to that, like 4 million more times. PLEASE post it on youtube or something! Would be an amazing advertising!!! PLEASE!!!

Amazing! 10/10!

Well there is a good Chance ( a better Chance than a Precursor Drop ) that Anet will post this on the Youtube channel.

Awesome music!

Posted by: Stilgar.6437

Stilgar.6437

Yes this definitly needs to be posted on YT/soundcloud in HQ. Amazing performance, but im getting some wierd echo on twitch, i wanna hear this properly

Awesome music!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I so so SO love this. I’m having a fan girl…er… fan woman moment here. Maclaine Diemer is awesome

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Awesome music!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Amazing! 10/10!

Totally agree. I hope we post it. Let me pad across the booth and put in that request.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Awesome music!

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

This has been the best day! The music is amazing! <3

Awesome music!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

This has been the best day! The music is amazing! <3

TwitchCon Quote:
OMG, real art, right here. Thank you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Awesome music!

Walhalla.5473

Amazing! 10/10!

Totally agree. I hope we post it. Let me pad across the booth and put in that request.

Please do it. This Perfomance is really Awesome, and even Nostalgic ( I miss SAB )

Awesome music!

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

These arrangements absolutely have to be recorded and preserved… a clean recording of them would be fantastic.

Awesome music!

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

One of the songs they are doing now is an updated version of a GW 1 song that was in the deserts of Tyria and in the catecombs.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Awesome music!

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

We really need this as a full soundtrack we can digital purchase or something!

Awesome music!

Posted by: Stilgar.6437

Stilgar.6437

seriously if we dont get this in HQ somewhere (feel free to charge me, but preferably free) i swear there will be riots! this HoT theme rendition right now – epic.

Awesome music!

Syviren.7086

So, if I understood this right, these are simplified versions of an orchestral version. I want THAT version! The simplicity makes the individual instruments makes the important notes standout so much better. It sounded amazing, and the simplistic style was fantastic!

If you guys release that version, and the game gets the orchestral version, there is a very good chance I’m gonna mute the game, and just listen to that version :p

Awesome music!

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

To be honest Bass guitar, electric guitar and Violin are three instruments that I never would have thought to mix together but after hearing how the instruments intertwined with each other my opinion has completely changed those musical sequences were absolutely beautiful.

Sylvari mean

Awesome music!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Thanks for sharing all your thoughts. Keep ’em coming.

In the meantime, the team definitely knows you’d like to see this performance preserved and shared!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Awesome music!

Posted by: ZanchinFissure.7981

ZanchinFissure.7981

Could I get the name of the Violinist please? Her first name was Caitlin.

Awesome music!

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

I too would love the ability to see a performance replay. Enjoyed it immensely.

Gracious thanks ANet Team.

Awesome music!

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

Halloween… Bash the Dragon… Super Adventure Box… The FEELS!

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Awesome music!

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

In the meantime, the team definitely knows you’d like to see this performance preserved and shared!

Just as we have years more of fun to look forward to with GW2, Please, posting the music would allow us to find years of enjoyment out of game as well, listening to this music.

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

Awesome music!

Posted by: Yasa.7103

Yasa.7103

I hope you post all of the music somewhere (preferably free) from the performance today! In reality, I’d actually be willing to pay money for all of the tracks!

Awesome music!

Posted by: Truefrost.6815

Truefrost.6815

Maclaine Diemer creates brilliant music. I love his preview of track 9, just beautiful! (Feel free to look it up on youtube If you haven’t heard it.)

Server: Yak’s Bend | Main: Aliah Raheim
Necro main since beta, MMO fanatic and avid beta tester.

Awesome music!

Posted by: Kossage.9072

Kossage.9072

Yeah, it was great listening to this nice jam session, so thanks to Maclaine Diemer et al for that. Hopefully we’ll see (and hear) more of this kind of stuff in the future too, considering Diemer’s band background from his younger years. He was clearly enjoying himself, and so were his minstrels.

For anyone interested, the tracks that “Maklain & The Minstrels” played sounded like the following to me (can’t remember the exact order they were played in, so the list may not be fully chronological, and there may be errors with identifying the SAB track names): Overture (GW2 Main Theme), Saga of the Norn, Charr Triumphant, Fear Not This Night, Halloween in Tyria, Bash the Dragon, Super Adventure Box’s Sub Hub and River Rapids, The Silverwastes, The Golden Cave, Crystal Oasis, and the revised Main Theme for Heart of Thorns.

I’m really curious about why the HoT Main Theme was revised and rerecorded for orchestra because the orchestral version we heard during the beta sounded quite good already. In any case I look forward to hearing what changes have been made to the revised track’s orchestral version once it’s released, and at least this jam track did give us some glimpses of some of the revised bits already.

(edited by Kossage.9072)

Awesome music!

Syviren.7086

When is the next live music?

Awesome music!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

When is the next live music?

About 35 minutes from now (will be 2:55 pm eastern time)

Awesome music!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Yep, they’re warming up now. Soooo excited!

I talked to Maclaine, and he said they’d be doing a similar set to yesterday, so if you missed it, or want to hear it again, I highly recommend you tune into Twitch.

And we have some a really good conversation going on with Colin, Mike, Rubi, and Anthony.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Awesome music!

Syviren.7086

I talked to Maclaine, and he said they’d be doing a similar set to yesterday, so if you missed it, or want to hear it again, I highly recommend you tune into Twitch.

And we have some a really good conversation going on with Colin, Mike, Rubi, and Anthony.

About making this available elsewhere?

Awesome music!

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Maclaine on reddit said that he would like to but that he can not promise anything… also was said that maybe after HoT ships and he has free time again.

Awesome music!

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

It seems the devs at Anet have some funky dance moves are they professional backup dancers on their downtime.

Sylvari mean

Awesome music!

Posted by: V Man.8512

V Man.8512

The music was amazing!! I have to say I turned the music off on gw2 on day one.. the classical orchestral sound doesn’t really do it for me.. but if you were to introduce music like this to the game – OMG! I’d turn that back on in a second. It sounds very fresh and exciting.

Awesome music!

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

woa can’t wait for it! it was glorious!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Awesome music!

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

The musical performance was absolutely insane!! It was the best part of the entire event (or at least up there with the reveal of the trailer :P )

Does anyone know if the video (or even just the audio itself) of the live performance was saved anywhere? I’d love to watch it again… a few million times.

Awesome music!

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

Give us that music already

I wanna play it in my car while im stuck at traffic so ppl can stare at my face and wonder how can i be smiling!!

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams