in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: vaan.2308

vaan.2308

Agreed, feels boring

BW3 Difficulty Nerf [merged]

Posted by: FlamingMook.8437

FlamingMook.8437

I noticed it too when the bladedancers no longer tried to shank me. Please please please revert it to BWE2 difficulty. As Colin said “The open world content is going to be much more challenging in Heart of Thorns.”

As of BWE3 that statement is a lie and the open world mobs are a complete joke that I can just faceroll without having to put in any effort or thought.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Mob density was enormously reduced.

I too enjoy slogging my way through dozens of enemies to get anywhere. That’s why everyone loved pre-nerf Orr /sarcasm

Posted by: Braghez.7529

Braghez.7529

As I said in other posts, totally agree. The difficulty wasn’t impossible…it was fairly balanced and prompted people to make gruops to run around. Mordrems imo were even too much squishy in BWE2…now just everything is squishy and easy to skill…mobs atks pose no threat too.

Please Anet…listen to your community this time :< this expansions was promised us as something “for veterans that wants a challenge”, but challenge do not reside only in raids etc…even the normal zone should be. We’re heading towards Mordremoth…in it’s house, in BWE1-2 you felt the danger lurking around in the zone…now it’s just a joke.

This is probably the “last” chance to redeem how people see the game…which was labeled as a game for casuals only, it doesn’t have to be ultra hardcore, the general setup the game have is perfect. No attunements, no gear grind, no trinity etc…but the fights HAVE to be harder. We’ve seen that you can make challenging encounters and fights even in the normal zone of HoT. Keep it as it was. Make it a bit harder too in some cases ! (like for paperthin mordrems)

When i tried the first two betas…and seen the difficulty i was totally like, "wow, this is totally worth the price…finally something challenging and threatening ", but now ? totally not. If i didn’t try any previous beta…and the game where to be like this at launch…it would have felt as a utter and major disappointment…and probably the last of many for a lot of people.

Posted by: GummyBearSummoner.7941

GummyBearSummoner.7941

I have been playing the beta since the 1st one and in my own opinion, the last beta had really challenging mobs and it felt really balanced but challenging at the same time. You actually had to make sure you were really paying attention and use your brain to know what to do and what not to do. This beta weekend really wasn’t that great because the mobs are so easy now that it doesn’t feel all that fun anymore. it just feels like vanilla Gws2. Please bring back the mobs from BW2 into the launch of Gws2. sorry if my English was bad btw and thank you for reading

Posted by: Kenfucius.5897

Kenfucius.5897

Agree with everyone here. I really liked the first two BWE difficulty level. They balanced the risk and rewards well so that we wont just run full zerker and faceroll everything.

My hope is that the devs are just doing this to see player’s reactions etc to ensure that their decision for the initial first two BWE difficulties are ok. Also hope they wont do what happened to Orr (for both open world and raids) and nerf it bit by bit until what was supposed to be the hardest content in vanilla gw2 became too easy.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I would also love to see the difficulty ramped back up to BWE 1 or 2. When things get hectic, you should have a really good shot at dying from regular mobs (not even Elite or champs, just regular).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

Agreed, why anet? why are you doing this? this is wrong. BWE 1/2 was the perfect balance for this.

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

Omega Zoa.3859

I agree with everything on this thread…if they leave this it will be another press 1 and afk nonsense.

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’d vote for the Guard to be totally invulnerable until Rytlock shows up, but as it stands he at least should be much harder to kill while mounted.

Rytlock shows up when you get the Guard to 50% health, so being totally invulnerable before then would mean you could never get him down.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Omega Zoa.3859

True, didnt they say “at night you do not want to be alone” yes durring the first two beta events i didnt want to be alone because it was DANGEROUS but now…lol

Posted by: Lome.8239

Lome.8239

I think it’s majority opinion that the difficulty was great in BW2, and that we’d be happy if it went back to that.

Hopefully ANet listens.

Omega Zoa.3859

I think it’s majority opinion that the difficulty was great in BW2, and that we’d be happy if it went back to that.

Hopefully ANet listens.

I hope..but if the Orr nerf from the past that greatly reduced the risen density says anything..my hopes are limp if anything..sigh guess it might be back to press 1 to win.
Actually had one of my friends who bought the game last sale quit because it was just too easy. But…this is beta..things are bound to change..right?…

(edited by Omega Zoa.3859)

Posted by: Kailee.8790

Kailee.8790

…If this was easy, then we need a massive overhaul on dps for the druid…

I went full cleric with staff… it took ~2-3+ minutes for 1 veteran beetle… I just press 1 and alt tab

Posted by: Hybrid.7059

Hybrid.7059

Holy crap, revert back to BWE 2 balance or something. The open world PvE is so horribly boring now in this BWE.

Omega Zoa.3859

I went full cleric with staff… it took ~2-3+ minutes for 1 veteran beetle… I just press 1 and alt tab

Beetles are immune to damage depending on where you attack them from.

Kailee.8790

well they would rotate and spew stuff from their rears, but I have smacking it from all around, still feel like this laser pointer is a laser pointer

Omega Zoa.3859

well they would rotate and spew stuff from their rears, but I have smacking it from all around, still feel like this laser pointer is a laser pointer

Also these beetles are “tanks” so..makes sense..a healer specialized specializiation fighting a tank seems kinda awkward eh? but yes druid needs a upgrade to damage maybe, go to the ranger forum and give feedback ^^

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

It’s not beetles. Druid damage is total garbage. It’s like ranger greatsword DPS, but even worse.

It’s basically a crappier staff cleric guardian.

Kailee.8790

Also these beetles are “tanks” so..makes sense..a healer specialized specializiation fighting a tank seems kinda awkward eh? but yes druid needs a upgrade to damage maybe, go to the ranger forum and give feedback ^^

well the thing was, damage was pretty much the same across the board everything I fought in the jungle… Doesn’t really matter what it was… it was always 200-300 per tick for staff 1

Also, have been… I just didn’t quite see how the Difficulty has been reduced mainly because Druid was not released yet. Although from what I am seeing, the mobs are already tanky enough (from a druid perspective)

Omega Zoa.3859

well the thing was, damage was pretty much the same across the board everything I fought in the jungle… Doesn’t really matter what it was… it was always 200-300 per tick for staff 1

Also, have been… I just didn’t quite see how the Difficulty has been reduced mainly because Druid was not released yet

300?…LOL that is low..like laughably so..as the guy who above you posted dps is garbage apparently..but again…its a healing spec..its ment for group healing..not dps..but yeai think dmg should scale abit higher…300 lol

And tanky is not the problem..is the damage they induce..before you actually had to watch their movements or else be punished by it, now i can afk it and walk away almost unscratched.

Also view this prospective from a pure damage class, where one attack can hit 10k…tanky? not at all.

(edited by Omega Zoa.3859)

Posted by: Zelkovan.2630

Zelkovan.2630

Why did you expect to be able to kill a tanky monster quickly while wearing full clerics gear and using a weapon whose purpose is to heal and support allies?

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I was wondering why my Revnant cleaned out everything in seconds… I agree with them bringing it back to how it was.

On the other hand… the Legendary Wyvryn seemed harder or maybe I just had a bad group. He kept taking off and that entire cliff was filled with fire! There was at least thirty of us there. I never once was downed or died on it in past weekend but this time I kept dying.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Kailee.8790

Also, have been… I just didn’t quite see how the Difficulty has been reduced mainly because Druid was not released yet

300?…LOL that is low..like laughably so..as the guy who above you posted dps is garbage apparently..but again…its a healing spec..its ment for group healing..not dps..but yeai think dmg should scale abit higher…300 lol

Yea I know 300 is laughably low… aside from cleric stats being “Healing Power, Power, Vitality (i think vitality, may be toughness)”

In Addition the Staff 1 procs like 1x every 1.5 seconds, I’ve been able to put 12x that damage with a ranger using all my skills/boosts consistantly

Omega Zoa.3859

Why did you expect to be able to kill a tanky monster quickly while wearing full clerics gear and using a weapon whose purpose is to heal and support allies?

Exactly what i been trying to say.

Posted by: ChavaStark.9147

ChavaStark.9147

I agree with what they did it is pretty bad. Last BWE2 I was paying attention but now it makes my brain go dead.

GummyBearSummoner.7941

I agree. these mobs are just too dam easy. before when you would try to pass through mobs, it was kinda hard because they would hit really hard ( at least imo) and now they are just easy to pass by. When it comes to combat, they don’t feel all that challenging as in BW1/BW2. I hope they don’t leave it like this for HoT launch because what would be the point of this ‘challenging content’ when its not really that challenging to begin with?

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

Extremely dissapointing and boring, I agree.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Agree. The map is far less interesting with the completely flattened danger. Bring back those snipers and scale up what you scaled down.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Caedros.1396

Caedros.1396

Yeah, in the last BWE I really felt like I was in the dragon’s domain. I had to be careful where I went, and the imminent danger was exciting. They nerfed this place so hard that it feels like what happened to regular overworld back in the original BWE before launch. PLEASE revert the zones to be harder, because this is legitimately boring now.

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

I can’t believe they keep nerfing this! If they keep nerfing it we will be facerolling everything on launch =_=

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Posted by: Jaya.2760

Jaya.2760

Totally agree. The “You aren’t welcome here”-feeling from BWE1&2 is completly gone. The deadly jungle dominated by a dragon has turned into a petting zoo

GummyBearSummoner.7941

did anyone else notice that the snipers are no longer in the personal story? are they even in game anymore? icant seem to find them

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

Difficulty was just fine in the previous betas. Now? It seems as if Mordremoth is taking a vacation, and took his power with him.

I was hoping Heart of Thorns would be the “challenging endgame PvE content”, and the first 2 betas fit that expectation really well. This beta weekend is just “eh”. Hopefully it’s just for the beta, and it’ll get back to challenging at launch.

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I was zerk and had no problem killing vets in a reasonable amount of time. The staff is lowish dps though, so I would switch to sword/axe.

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

I agree, the mobs are faceroll now, the encounters were much more interesting in BWE2. I felt actually super bored with the mobs this time around, I never felt truly threaten, even in night cycle.

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

I agree with this 100%, mobs are so boring now and easy to kill.

Posted by: Jan nD.9453

Jan nD.9453

I am with you!
the mobs are much easier now than how they were in the previous beta weekends
there’s no thrill in beating up easy mobs

Posted by: Isarii.2804

Isarii.2804

did anyone else notice that the snipers are no longer in the personal story? are they even in game anymore? icant seem to find them

I managed to find some hidden away in a corner on the NW side of the zone. Their damage has been nerfed significantly. I was excited to finally see them again, but extremely disappointed that they’ve basically been ruined by the nerf.

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

I briefly complained in another thread about mastery points, but I feel like ANet needs to hear more. Verdant Brink this weekend was so boring, easy and completely void of anything to do that my friends and I went straight to PvP after playing for only a little bit as opposed to some of us playing hours in PvE the previous beta.

HoT is NOT for the newbies. There is no reason for it to be this easy, or easy at all.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Posted by: Serephen.3420

Serephen.3420

The difficulty now is equivalent to a queensdale champ farm….

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Agreed. BWE2 was right near the sweet spot.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

Needs more nerfs still honestly. Save the increased difficulty for raids. These enemies are much too tough.

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

They are in the Game. But they are now very Rare. Seen only 3 of them yesterday. Don’t know if they still do the damage they did on the first and second BWE, but they now Stealth to get to a better Position.

But Please Anet. Ramp up the Difficulty. The Story Mission was laughably easy now and Verdant Brink is also much easier now. Too easy, most of it is now braindead Difficulty.

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Only bright side to this is that Zerker Build players no longer have a reason to be afriad about screwing up a skill rotation and ending up dropping like flies. :p

Posted by: Adelas.6598

Adelas.6598

Yep. I felt that the difficulty level in BWE2 was just perfect.

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

In all honesty, if the difficulty is like this at launch…I might just drop this game. I’m really hoping this is just mainly a beta weekend for us to test out the raids and what not because if this is the difficulty they are thinking about releasing for the final product than I’m going to be playing fallout 4 for a while. And I don’t think it’s just me having adjusted to the difficulty. The big frogs seem to be attacking slower, teh blade dancers don’t seem to attack as often, and even if they hit me with their shank attack i still have over half my health, and I’m running mainly glass here.

i mean common Anet, you’re doing your fans and customers a disservice here by making open world content this faceroll. It doesn’t prepare them for dungeons or raids, it doesn’t teach anybody the intricate deep mechanics of the game, and worst of all, doesn’t let us use the tools provided to us to survive. Before on my reaper I was relishing the fights, using each of my skills to create a sympothy of carnage and mayhem….now everything is dying within 2-3 AA chains.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: MauriceHD.2609

MauriceHD.2609

Everything gets killed so quickly i literally watched tv for the first 2 hours of beta just to get my mastery up so i can glide and use mushrooms. Every mob gets killed in 3-5 auto attacks. Boring as hell.

Anet said in twitch content was gonna be harder.. AND IT WAS! Only it was BW2 lol. This bw3 is such boredom.

Sadfaceeeeeee

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

I don’t understand why anyone wants this amount of difficulty for open world content that is supposed to be accessible by anybody. These enemies are way too difficult. I shouldn’t need to travel with a zerg just to survive pve. Again, keep this to raids if people want content this hard.