BWE1 How about FPS?

BWE1 How about FPS?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: soistheman.7208

soistheman.7208

I have i7 2600K with GTX 660. I am getting 45 to 60 FPS which is nothing different from other maps. How about you guys?

Elementalist lover since GW1. It’s the only profession I play!

BWE1 How about FPS?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

9-17 on most areas with smoke and Itzl village. 20-30 in a couple of confined areas with clearer air. I average 30-40 in the main game and anything about 25 is perfectly playable for me with no issues in group/zerg content

My PC i have an i5 750 with an old geforce gts 240. Dated but a sturdy workhorse usually

BWE1 How about FPS?

Posted by: ketorin.5923

ketorin.5923

i5 3570k 16gigs ram
gtx 670

30’’ monitor with 2560×1600 resolution everything on high/ultra and i’m getting 45-75fps average.. no issue at all for me even while recording with bandicam or fraps

Warrior – Fort Aspenwood

BWE1 How about FPS?

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

Places with smoke and the itzel area give noticable fps drops, the village does look great though.

BWE1 How about FPS?

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

i5-4670K @4.2GHz
8GB 2133MHz RAM
2x Radeon HD7870

I’ve been getting 42-60 depending on my in-game settings.

The bigger issue I’ve had is that sometimes when I load the game client, it locks up on the character selection screen and I have to reboot the computer (even caps lock doesn’t respond). It doesn’t do it every time; I’m still trying to figure out what triggers it. I suspect it’s one of the new graphics settings, but I’m not sure.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

BWE1 How about FPS?

Posted by: Tetterwing.3981

Tetterwing.3981

As I’ve mentioned in other topic, my gaming laptop with I7 and GTX960 lets me get 45-60fps in core game maps, but 15-30 fps in HoT. Hopeful that it will be fixed, but I use every opportunity to let the devs know. Changing options, playing with sliders and taking Valium doesn’t help at all. This game really, really needs better optimization.

(edited by Tetterwing.3981)

BWE1 How about FPS?

Posted by: horvgab.4879

horvgab.4879

I have laptop and fps drop is a big problem to me (as well for my girlfriend), my pc:
i3 2328M
4Gb RAM
GT 620M

I know it’s not a hard config but it did well on gw2 at all. Until these days.

I’m a developer (programmer) anyway, I’m working at IBM (you can say now, this guy is working for the IBM and have this kitten laptop, but c’mon I’m just 21 and I’m form Hungary).

So, my fps in the old areas is very good and playable, avarege of 30-40, and don’t have too much problems with group content either (thanks for good options). But in the beta area my fps was under the playable, comfortable level (about 10-20). As a developer, I know, the optimization is the last, because a lot of things are volatile, the debug stuffs are in and who cares about performance when a lot of other stuff doesn’t work properly yet. I hope that’s the case here, but if not, please do something with it, mesaure which graphical functions suck the fps, and make them removable, but be careful about not to make it too ugly.
Belive me, the key to the success is the good engine (graphical). And you have it, for example Lions Arc is awsome, and the fps is good as well.

I love this game, I pre-d it, but don’t say me I have to buy a new laptop to play with. I know the new expansion looks prettier and this needs harder pc, but this way you lose your audience. (look at WoW, 10 ten year and still the same engine = profit)
Guild Wars 2 has nice graphics at all, don’t ruin it with some fancy smoke effect (this caused the most problem). The other problem was with some enemy area effect.

For example, as you made it in LA the colors are very important, also you can simulate the shadows with it, instead of dynamic ligth, use static ones, and put less smoke to the map.
I’ve recognized that’s maybe because of the huge maps with more vertical levels and with a lot of object, there are more stuff in memory. I don’t know, load distance and the displayed objects distance how exactly working, but I hope, it’s not only about horizontally range. Calculate it maybe vertically too.
And at last, please test the game in older pc-s too, and on laptops like mine, because in Hungary for example, my laptop not bad at all. A lot of ppl can’t afford a better one. So if you want to hold you gamers of the poorer countries, please make the game optimized, just like you did until now

I beg you, make it playable, make it run smoother, but hold the quality of the graphics as you can and this game going to have a huge success and Guild Wars 2 will be the best MMO in the world.

BWE1 How about FPS?

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

I’m playing on highest graphics and get about 45-80+ FPS, depending on the amount of people on my screen, which is the same as the normal maps and in some cases even better.

I have an intel core i7 – 4770K @3.5Ghz and a GTX 970

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

BWE1 How about FPS?

Posted by: XDeadzX.2581

XDeadzX.2581

I’m getting similar FPS, but I’m getting terrible frame latencies.

AMD 1090t @ 3.61ghz
AMD 7950 Boost @ 1115mhz/1400mhz + 20% power limit (no dips)
16gb ram

I play capped at 30 fps, and I’m generally 27-30 fps roaming old world, and in Verdent brink. However it FEELS like 5 FPS in Verdent brink. Changing settings doesn’t help. Occasionally fixes after a fair bit of play time, then happens again if I map load. Doesn’t really dip in verdent brink fights either, sometimes down to 20.

Really, it’s just weird because it’s the only place I get frame latency issues.

BWE1 How about FPS?

Posted by: amplitudelol.1409

amplitudelol.1409

Topic about this same thing:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/HoT-graphical-optimization-feedback/

The problem is the framerate fluctuation at certain locations. If you look towards places where there is a lot to render at the same time it simply kills my laptop. Nowhere else happens this except for Silverwastes/Dry Tops. Please dont make the same mistakes with the expansion’s maps. My framerate in Verdant Brink – just like in the mentioned 2 zones – ranges between 9 to 50 (!) fps out of combat (no combat effects interfering) just while looking around.

In the places i get around 10 fps decreasing the resolution to the btw unaccaptable 1024×768 i get a maximum of 2 fps increase. Something is seriously wrong about the new zones you are making. No, its not just the smoke. I know someone will post everything is fine with an i7 processor, 16 gigs of ram and 2 vga-s in their pc but yeah…

i5-2410M
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 520MX
I get these fps with textures & animations set to high, other things are on low, 1366×768

BWE1 How about FPS?

Posted by: DaveyC.4398

DaveyC.4398

I have had two very different experiences with FPS:

Main Rig:
i7 4790k
8 GB Ram
GTX 970

With this I had no issues what so ever. As you would expect, everything running at max and still getting nice frame rates of anywhere between 45 and 60.

My work laptop:

i7 4712 hq
16 GB Ram
GT 750m

This normally runs the game fine on medium with pretty high frame rates. During the beta it was totally crippled. I had to reduce everything down to low and even at that I was still getting very low FPS.

BWE1 How about FPS?

Posted by: DeviantShark.6548

DeviantShark.6548

i7 4710HQ, 16 GB Ram, GTX 970m
Crippled like hell, normally maps have up to 60-100fps, but in VB it was dropping as low as 23… needs to be fixed

Squirreltail? What’s that? [AUT] Oachkatzlschwoaf
We are constantly looking for Guildmembers which contribute to an awesome community

BWE1 How about FPS?

Posted by: amplitudelol.1409

amplitudelol.1409

Maybe this affects only mobile cpu/gpu-s.

BWE1 How about FPS?

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

I have i7 2600K with GTX 660. I am getting 45 to 60 FPS which is nothing different from other maps. How about you guys?

Nothing different from central tyria on my gtx 670, but my 635m (on laptop) is struggling in verdant brink. Getting huge drops when smoke is in sight.

Maybe this affects only mobile cpu/gpu-s.

As far as I can see, yes.

BWE1 How about FPS?

Posted by: TheWhiteWolves.3076

TheWhiteWolves.3076

For me I got at most 6 fps on verdant brink on my Alienware M14X with all graphics turned to their lowest settings.

Though there is most certainly some optimisations that will be made before the release I can’t attribute most of my rubbish frame rate on HoT because my Laptop’s been abit off recently and I only get about 15-25 fps in the rest of the game world.

As for my main system I was getting 60+ fps with everything on max settings.

BWE1 How about FPS?

Posted by: DeviantShark.6548

DeviantShark.6548

I feel this needs more attention. I am right now in the process of building a new desktop pc, gona figure out if it works better with that one in BWE2

Squirreltail? What’s that? [AUT] Oachkatzlschwoaf
We are constantly looking for Guildmembers which contribute to an awesome community