BWE3 - Did our masteries also get reset?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

They wiped our characters, but did they also lose our masteries?

I almost maxed Gliding and also got fairly far in all the other available stuff. I’m probably going to be too burnt out to re-do it all again, but I still want to keep testing where I left off.

Posted by: Metalman.6345

Metalman.6345

Yes they did. And even if you maxed them, you will have to do them again when HoT comes out.

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Yes and its why I haven’t played the beta weekends real hard so I wouldn’t get burned out for having to redo the masteries again when it goes live in 22 days.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

if they reset the masteries does that mean they are satisfied with the current released beta PvE zone content? Cause if we still need to test it, we need those masteries.

If so, then the rest of the beta testing should probably be other stuff that doesnt need the masteries.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: steveway.3167

steveway.3167

if they reset the masteries does that mean they are satisfied with the current released beta PvE zone content? Cause if we still need to test it, we need those masteries.

If so, then the rest of the beta testing should probably be other stuff that doesnt need the masteries.

I would imagine that by this point most things are in a semi-final state. They are probably just doing final stage testing right now.

JediYoda.1275

not necessarily because there was some data corruption to beta files is the reason they said all the beta toons got wiped.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It was reset because the data became corrupted. Not because they were satisfied with what they had on that zone.

Source
Due to large back-end changes to core systems that have corrupted some of the beta data, your characters from previous beta weekends will not be available for BWE3—everyone will be starting with fresh beta characters.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Gav.1425

Most of you are not getting the point. We all know all beta progress gets lost (ie. masteries) when HoT launches.

The point is, how are you going to test max level masteries if we all just got reset? There’s not that much exp to get in beta Verdant Brink and there will be much less people doing the PvE there since they’ve already done it twice. Getting level 5 gliding was impressive even with a good map zerg afoot.

The solution is to give us all a kitten ton of mastery exp or just start us at 5/6 or even 6/6.

JediYoda.1275

I’m not and will just wait till H.O.T and do it once.

The point of a beta is not just to test one thing but everything that we can, maxing out masteries etc is a player driving goal not Anet’s per say.

Like in the Original GW2 beta one player leveled to 80 with crafting with the help with his guild sending him all the stuff he needed to do it and Anet did nerf it because of it. lol

(edited by JediYoda.1275)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Most of you are not getting the point. We all know all beta progress gets lost (ie. masteries) when HoT launches.

The point is, how are you going to test max level masteries if we all just got reset? There’s not that much exp to get in beta Verdant Brink and there will be much less people doing the PvE there since they’ve already done it twice. Getting level 5 gliding was impressive even with a good map zerg afoot.

The solution is to give us all a kitten ton of mastery exp or just start us at 5/6 or even 6/6.

We didn’t get to beta test max level characters in GW2’s beta. I believe they hard capped the level you could get to in the beta as well as restricted maps you could visit.

So I wouldn’t hold your breath on being given X amount of mastery xp.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Well, if the raid they want us to test needs people to have updraft skills and lean techniques, hopefully those will be provided because it’s difficult to advance gliding that far in a short time frame,.

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

From what I recall, the raid doesn’t require updraft skills, just gliding generally, though updrafts will let you get back into the fight quicker.

Also, I’m not sure the one raid boss they’re opening up for beta testing is one that will require any masteries.

Gav.1425

From what I recall, the raid doesn’t require updraft skills, just gliding generally, though updrafts will let you get back into the fight quicker.

In the tongue boss fight, you jump off a ledge and due to gliding as we know it, you immediately begin to lose altitude. Without updraft, how do you propose the glider would regain enough altitude to make it back onto the same platform from which he started?

There are no other entryways onto that platform as shown in the trailer.