Bacon?

Bacon?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: LyraLynn.7123

LyraLynn.7123

From the bug fix notes posted about an hour ago:

“Updated the Toxic Bacon hero challenge in Auric Basin so that earning it is more clearly understood.”

I haven’t explored the area much, but are there pigs running around or something? Did I miss some epic awesome bacon eating challenge?

Bacon?

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

No, it’s a challenge that requires having a chronomancer with aoe alacrity to help you pass the test. also you need mango pie or some other type of food that grants health regen that isn’t stopped by the bacon. it’s arbitrary, horrible and needs to be replaced because it does nothing good by requiring a specific elite spec with a specific trait to pass. you also can’t cast any of your own skills, so you need another person to do it for you (which i’ve personally done by standing near the location to help players.)

Bacon?

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Aww I think it’s hilarious!

And I think most of us can work out that you need some sort of toxic mastery to pass the test. I really like the variation in Hero Point achievements that Anet came up with.

Bacon?

Posted by: LyraLynn.7123

LyraLynn.7123

Thanks for the response! Sounds like something I’m going to skip for now.

Bacon?

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

No, it’s a challenge that requires having a chronomancer with aoe alacrity to help you pass the test. also you need mango pie or some other type of food that grants health regen that isn’t stopped by the bacon. it’s arbitrary, horrible and needs to be replaced because it does nothing good by requiring a specific elite spec with a specific trait to pass. you also can’t cast any of your own skills, so you need another person to do it for you (which i’ve personally done by standing near the location to help players.)

Or, y’know, you can use the half dozen or so adrenal mushrooms around the area to refresh your heal skill, like it was meant to be done.

Bacon?

castlemanic.3198

Or, y’know, you can use the half dozen or so adrenal mushrooms around the area to refresh your heal skill, like it was meant to be done.

The adrenal mushrooms at the very end of the itzel lore tree that requires nearly 20 mastery points alone and an amount of xp i literally don’t know of because i havent reached that far despite playing every day?

That same adrenal mushroom talent that the vast majority of people havent acquired?

Bacon?

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

You can now get the Bacon challenge without alacrity or any health regenerators. Just did it twice.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Bacon?

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

The adrenal mushrooms at the very end of the itzel lore tree that requires nearly 20 mastery points alone and an amount of xp i literally don’t know of because i havent reached that far despite playing every day?

That same adrenal mushroom talent that the vast majority of people havent acquired?

I did it solo, without the mastry, using nothing but shadow refuge and the heal in stealth trait.

It’s not arbitrary. It’s an interesting challenge that you can get a mastry to trivialize if you can’t figure it out within the confines of your class/build. It’s far better than “channel this thing”

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Bacon?

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Interesting that food and alacrity affects it given regen boon doesn’t. I got it after about 30mins of trying without food, you just have to time it exactly right.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Bacon?

castlemanic.3198

I did it solo, without the mastry, using nothing but shadow refuge and the heal in stealth trait.

It’s not arbitrary. It’s an interesting challenge that you can get a mastry to trivialize if you can’t figure it out within the confines of your class/build. It’s far better than “channel this thing”

no traits or abilities worked for me, i had to get a secondary party to cast alacrity because i couldn’t do it on my own. thats broken and arbitrary, and i’m glad it was fixed. Just because you, as a thief, could manage it with a specific skill/trait combo doesn’t mean every other class could. Guardians couldn’t heal with their virtues. Mesmers couldn’t heal with their traits. Even regen through the revenant ventari tablet couldn’t heal themselves, atleast before the change. That is completely arbitrary, to utterly remove almost every avenue of self regeneration except for shadow refuge/heal in stealth combo or mangoe pie.

none of the hero challenges should be gated by masteries either, which some are and it’s annoying as hell. The principle and design were faulty from their inception and the changes are a thankful breath of air.