Ball of Dark Energy...

Ball of Dark Energy...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

In order to get this you have to salvage ascended armor and weapons.
-Rings will give you stabilizing matrices.
-Amulets will ONLY give you agony resist.

First off amulet rewards give +1 agony resists… WHAT?!? Okay that’s out of my system. Rings I understand to a point because they are easy to get but when you make it cost 1 gold PER salvage that just isn’t right…

Why is there not a recipe that combines globs of dark matter to make these? Why must I destroy my hard earned armor/weapons for a chance of getting this?

I guess I just dont understand the logic… they stated no gear grind. Cool that’s great! They say go for the shiny skins! Cool sounds great! Then they say “now you have to destroy all your old gear to get this skin”….. WHAT?!? So in order to not have gear grind we just have to destroy and remake all our gear over and over again for skins…. right….

These are my thoughts on it… if I am missing something please let me know! (like maybe ascended drops like crazy in higher fractals 80+, or maybe there in fact is a recipe for this… or an alternate way?) I am just very confused at what the games purpose is if the requirement for progression is to destroy all your progress….

Ball of Dark Energy...

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

sounds like they want you to craft weapons to salvage them.

Ball of Dark Energy...

Kronos.2560

But remember its only a chance to get as a drop so its 100 gold per chance to play at this game of mystic toilet 2.0!

Ball of Dark Energy...

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Very true, never said it was fair…just seems like their plan to try and get some of those mats out of people’s bank. I have never ran fractals…yet there are people out there with entire tabs full of nothing but fractal shards and the like complaining they have no use for them….now they do.

I like to consider this a “careful what you complain about/wish for” for that crowd.

Ball of Dark Energy...

Kronos.2560

Just thought I should inform people, I just got to the third part of the legendary backpack in steps. It takes at least 6 dark matter to do to the Ad Infinitum III: Unbound step (not including the amount it will take for crafting, if it keeps the pattern it will be 3 to craft it at least). Plus that isn’t the final form of the backpack so It will require a 4th upgrade….

So all in all it looks like they want us to salvage at least 9+ ascended weapons/armor in order to get this. This is the point where I no longer have a drive to do any more daily fractals for pages because its just not worth it. (the 9 is assuming they don’t jump up the number in the end which they always tend to do also).

I will state it again why are they soo determined to make us get rid of all our armor and weapons for a skin? If you have got that many extra ascended pieces as drops from chests/pve/pvp or whatever then you have the midas touch and have probably got multiple precursors dropped to… now for the rest of us… yea….

Ball of Dark Energy...

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Right.

Salvaging the tier 1 backpack piece gave me 5 of the dark things.
I imagine salvaging tier 2 will give me the same amount.

However, with that out of the way, it’s a skin. A legendary skin. It’s not meant to be easy or cheap, it’s not an item you need, it’s an item you want.

And just to clarify, it’s a 100% drop chance on armor and weapons, you can’t get them from rings, and there’s a chance you’ll get them from accessories, i don’t know the exact numbers though (i got 4 from salvaging 11 ascended accessories from the guild commendation merchant).

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Ball of Dark Energy...

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

In essence, basically what ANet is doing is setting up yet another “line of defense” for gold and mat sinks for the foreseeable future. Before HoT, prices for various Ascended materials were already starting to drop. This approach (plus as anyone who’s looked at the various Precursor collections will have realized) is a means of driving up demand for Ascended mats, and thus the lower-level mats, for years to come.

It’s onerous, yes, and it’s going to be an incredible grind, but I’m still going for this, because I need to have to goal to strive for over the next 3 years (or however long it takes ANet to come out with the next expansion). Considering that Ascended gear has now been confirmed (I’ll be holding you to that, Colin…) to be the very last tier in terms of power levels, any new power creep via gear will be via the introduction of subtly more powerful gear stats, just as we saw with the introduction of Viper’s, Marauder’s etc. Crafting Legendary armor/backpieces is now my way of future proofing myself against having to craft more Ascended gear in the future. (Weapons I will probably ignore since weapons tend to be much more skill-locked and don’t change very much in their usage.)

Ball of Dark Energy...

Posted by: Alteraphim.4629

Alteraphim.4629

You get enough balls from salvaging the backpack made in the previous step. There have been multiple posts on the subreddit about this

Ball of Dark Energy...

Posted by: Noordster.4391

Noordster.4391

You get enough balls from salvaging the backpack made in the previous step. There have been multiple posts on the subreddit about this

so, i can salvage the previous backpack before i get the receipe for the next lvl?

Ball of Dark Energy...

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

You need like 2 balls of dark energy to craft everything up to Unbound. Where are you getting these ridiculous numbers from?

Also, salvaging weapons and armor is a guaranteed 100% drop rate.

As far as monetary costs go, the precursor is completely fair.

Ball of Dark Energy...

Alteraphim.4629

so, i can salvage the previous backpack before i get the receipe for the next lvl?

You have to salvage the previous backpack to get an item for the next recipe. Save everything you get from the salvage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3tervj/spoiler_legendary_fractal_backpiece_collection/

Ball of Dark Energy...

Alteraphim.4629

You need like 2 balls of dark energy to craft everything up to Unbound. Where are you getting these ridiculous numbers from?

Also, salvaging weapons and armor is a guaranteed 100% drop rate.

As far as monetary costs go, the precursor is completely fair.

You need 14 total, only two that you need to collect yourself (according to reddit). You get 5 from salvaging Finite result and 9 from salvaging Upper Bound