Bank duplication for BWE2?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Will there be a fresh bank/account duplication for BWE2? I forgot to put my ascended gear into the bank for the last one and didn’t have it available to run my new tempest into fractals. Was wondering if I’d be able to do so this time or if I’m passing on another BWE.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

EDIT: Guess I was wrong, sorry.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

(edited by Otaur.9268)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They aren’t deleting the BWE1 alts, all progress is preserved. The revenant one was a special revenant-only test, done spur of the moment, so this actually only the second one. Thus the bank question is a good one. I suggest stocking your bank early with desired items just in case.

I’m going to call it HoTBWE2 though, in screenshot folders etc, because I still have folders from BWE1, 2, and 3 back in 2012.

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Would it be possible to have a bank reset for BW2? There are some runes and stuff I want to try, but I can’t because BW1 characters are carried over.

Posted by: PlasticHippo.8934

PlasticHippo.8934

same issue here. would really appreciate it.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I’m in the same boat.
I crafted my asc heavy set after the BWE1 and I would like to test with it and with some other gear and runes that wasn’t in my bank at the time.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: DarkSnowman.8527

DarkSnowman.8527

Just a question, will be taking part of beta first time with Hot here. If I make beta char it will make a copy of my bank.. this meaning I can use all consumables/runes/armors and so on and wont lose anything from my real account?

Kidel.2057

Just a question, will be taking part of beta first time with Hot here. If I make beta char it will make a copy of my bank.. this meaning I can use all consumables/runes/armors and so on and wont lose anything from my real account?

Yep.

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

I am wondering the same thing. I will have all my ascended gear ready by the time the 5th comes around (I am missing the last stage of the fractal back item and the weapons right now, but I believe I can buy what I am missing for the weapons once my guild bank is off of the lock down from last week getting gold out). And I would love to try out everything on my rev in full ascended.

I am also wondering this because I will have to map complete on him otherwise, if the shards also get reset to what they are on our main accounts. The problem then becomes trying to get all of that to work in the code for the copy of the account (which was amazing to have done in the first place).

I guess we will just have to wait and see

At least the beta isn’t too far off. I’ve been dying to play the rev again!

Yes it copies your bank. I used my total make over kit on my rev and still have it on my nonbeta toons. Anything that was in your bank right before making said toon is coppied over.

(edited by frayon.3984)

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

What if we delete our Beta Characters and then make a new one? Not ideal but will it work?

Kidel.2057

What if we delete our Beta Characters and then make a new one? Not ideal but will it work?

No. I already tried it in the first BW. Only your inventory is bound to the beta character.

Posted by: Syviren.7086

Syviren.7086

+1 on this! Please let us know ANet!

Kidel.2057

With 3 new elite specs to test it’s not really a great idea to keep the old stuff. There are many combination I’d like to try on Berserker, Herald and Daredevil.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I really hope we can get a response for this otherwise stuff I’m acquiring just for testing will be pointless. ;_;

CandyHearts.6025

Here’s hoping there is one. I’ve said it on every thread about the subject. >.< I have items I didn’t get to store during the last one + I’m crafting and gathering some runes that we didn’t get from the boxes provided; for more testing. >.<

Kidel.2057

I really hope we can get a response for this otherwise stuff I’m acquiring just for testing will be pointless. ;_;

Agreed. There are already multiple threads on the matter, but no reply

CandyHearts.6025

Agreed. There are already multiple threads on the matter, but no reply

Just gotta keep bumping em around until someone notices that can answer, I guess.

Never give up! Never surrender \o/

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

I want to have access to the items in my bank again, since I can’t get them from the TP in the beta. The items I need are not given from the boxes at the beginning.

If nothing else, a Rune/Sigil/Food/Utility vendor would solve everything, just as long as they actually sold all of the higher-tier items, and I think it would be way easier to manage than giving everyone boxes.

I don’t mind if I lose the progress I had made, Im going to lose it anyways since it’s just a beta. I just want my builds ironed out.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

(edited by TheHeretic.3529)

Donari.5237

They can’t do a full reset. They promised they wouldn’t and people acted on that, grinding up masteries and the like.

What you can do is delete your beta alts and make new ones. You’ll get three more boxes of gear for each, along with food and utility, and can set your build anew. I agree a vendor would be much handier than the boxes, but failing that you can have your reset while the rest of us keep the builds we put together and the waypoints we unlocked without having to spend 30 minutes redoing all that per alt.

Syviren.7086

I also want to know about wallet duplication as well. Is that going to be resetting?

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

They can’t do a full reset. They promised they wouldn’t and people acted on that, grinding up masteries and the like.

What you can do is delete your beta alts and make new ones. You’ll get three more boxes of gear for each, along with food and utility, and can set your build anew. I agree a vendor would be much handier than the boxes, but failing that you can have your reset while the rest of us keep the builds we put together and the waypoints we unlocked without having to spend 30 minutes redoing all that per alt.

This doesn’t solve my problem of not having access to the runes and utility items and food I need, though.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

Posted by: LadySuccubus.4752

LadySuccubus.4752

I wish they would just auto-reset our beta accounts when we deleted all of our characters.

Kidel.2057

Just a word on the matter would be great, even if just “we can’t do it”, so I can at least free space in my bank.

Posted by: Starfall.6813

Starfall.6813

I don’t mind if I lose the progress I had made, Im going to lose it anyways since it’s just a beta. I just want my builds ironed out.

The purpose of the beta is not for you to figure out your builds before the expansion is out. The purpose of the beta is to provide feedback on the game before release. One of the things Anet has specifically requested feedback on is the pace of training masteries. Which is exactly why they have said they are not resetting account progress between BWEs.

Kidel.2057

Of course it is. That’s why we put runes and gear in the bank, so we can try new combinations and test things. How can you give feedback on a class if a normally possible great build is not possible to be replicated in the beta?

With 3 more specs to test and 2 more in bw3, how are we supposed to give feedback with so few options?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Of course it is. That’s why we put runes and gear in the bank, so we can try new combinations and test things. How can you give feedback on a class if a normally possible great build is not possible to be replicated in the beta?

With 3 more specs to test and 2 more in bw3, how are we supposed to give feedback with so few options?

Because the purpose of a BWE is not to perfect your builds. It’s to BETA test the game for ANet. Find bugs, give feedback on things. Yes, you may play better in different builds, but enough people will be playing in those different builds for ANet to get a feel if things are balanced or not. You’re helping ANet figure out if it’s balanced for multiple gear set ups.

One of the things they’ve asked for feedback on is how well the masteries progress. They realize that they may not get enough data over the course of a single BWE so have made the choice to not reset the accounts so that they CAN get feedback on how masteries progress.

If they get enough feedback about the progression, they may choose to do a future BWE with a reset involved.

CandyHearts.6025

Just a word on the matter would be great, even if just “we can’t do it”, so I can at least free space in my bank.

Same. I got junk put together I may never actually use.

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Oh god, I made twilight to test on my necro and decide if I want it. Kind of need to reduplicate my bank to do this. IDK about my chars progress, but can totally understand people wanting to keep their progress. Maybe just make the bank reduplicate if you have no beta chars.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

Anet already said your beta bank and toons will persist thru all the BWEs. At this time, there is not going to be a reset. That may change between now and the next BWE, but as of right now, there is no reset. I seriously doubt they will change it now since the way BWEs operate has already been officially announced. I planned ahead of time and had everything ready to go in the bank. Maybe people should have paid attention to what ANet told them and done some planning and preparation.

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Just make sure you are on a BETA character.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Anet already said your beta bank and toons will persist thru all the BWEs. At this time, there is not going to be a reset. That may change between now and the next BWE, but as of right now, there is no reset. I seriously doubt they will change it now since the way BWEs operate has already been officially announced. I planned ahead of time and had everything ready to go in the bank. Maybe people should have paid attention to what ANet told them and done some planning and preparation.

Can’t really plan to have a legendary finished by a certain time, but I get your point. Really unfortunate for me, and I won’t be mad if they don’t do anything about it because they have been transparent. Despite that, I’m thinking it wouldn’t be that hard to reset accounts where all the beta characters where deleted though, and it would please at least a few people.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

frayon.3984

Honestly the more I thought on it, the more I’ve come to understand that I would rather play the beta as that and find all the bugs I can to help there than play the rev the way I want to play him or her. I will still play the rev (I’m not really good at the other classes as it is) and will most likely try the build I have in mind just to see if the traits work and so forth. It just means I need to get up to 60 tomes again I deleted my first toon so I won’t be getting the insta to lvl 30 scroll for sometime but I am fine with that it just means a little more grind in pvp and taking that as my end of the month reward over the laurels until I have 60 again (I tend to us mine for key farming and to finish lvling my warrior and engi for the last leg of their lvling so I don’t have stacks just laying around because I was actively using up the tomes ^^; ).

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

Except we didn’t know all the elite specs and what they would entail to fully plan our banks. nine classes worth of items we would of had to plan for. and at the time of the first beta not even half the specs were known.

CandyHearts.6025

It has nothing to do with paying attention lol. When I tested last beta I realized the runes I wanted to see work didn’t come with the boxes given. I had to go back and craft them because they are account bound. There’s also the fact that I didn’t have enough laurels to complete the set I’d been working on until this last week, also. Having the proper gear helps understand how strong or weak something actually is.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who didn’t realize Warrior and Thief would be so soon, either. I don’t store things unless I need them so it effects how well I can test them.

CandyHearts.6025

Because the purpose of a BWE is not to perfect your builds. It’s to BETA test the game for ANet. Find bugs, give feedback on things. Yes, you may play better in different builds, but enough people will be playing in those different builds for ANet to get a feel if things are balanced or not. You’re helping ANet figure out if it’s balanced for multiple gear set ups.

One of the things they’ve asked for feedback on is how well the masteries progress. They realize that they may not get enough data over the course of a single BWE so have made the choice to not reset the accounts so that they CAN get feedback on how masteries progress.

If they get enough feedback about the progression, they may choose to do a future BWE with a reset involved.

It has nothing to do with perfect builds but rather seeing if builds will add to the strength of something new where as not using that build otherwise would make it look weak and need an unneeded buffs. Testing variations is helpful.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

It has nothing to do with perfect builds but rather seeing if builds will add to the strength of something new where as not using that build otherwise would make it look weak and need an unneeded buffs. Testing variations is helpful.

And someone else will likely have those variations in their bank. Just because Group A doesn’t have the variations they would prefer in their bank but Group B has those variations (and by have, I mean using in the beta, sitting in the bank does nothing) doesn’t mean that the entire beta accounts need to be reset.

I do think that they could try to see if they can do a beta bank reset as opposed to the entire account. But they don’t need to reset the entire account. Enough players are likely to have enough variations for ANet to get enough feedback on where the specializations stand.

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

Telling others to pay Attention and not paying Attention yourself seems quite silly.

The Devs said that progress will not reset between BWE1 and BWE2, they never said thru all BWEs like you Claim.

Anyway, they had Vendors during the Borderlands Tests for everything, so it is a mystery to me why they are not here for the BWEs.

Kidel.2057

A reset before the last beta is even less likely to occurr, since they want you to give feedback about mastery progression.

So now is the only chance.

CandyHearts.6025

A reset before the last beta is even less likely to occurr, since they want you to give feedback about mastery progression.

So now is the only chance.

Do they have to reset EVERYTHING just for bank?

Because that’s when I could understand there being an issue.

Donari.5237

Honestly the more I thought on it, the more I’ve come to understand that I would rather play the beta as that and find all the bugs I can to help there than play the rev the way I want to play him or her. I will still play the rev (I’m not really good at the other classes as it is) and will most likely try the build I have in mind just to see if the traits work and so forth. It just means I need to get up to 60 tomes again I deleted my first toon so I won’t be getting the insta to lvl 30 scroll for sometime but I am fine with that it just means a little more grind in pvp and taking that as my end of the month reward over the laurels until I have 60 again (I tend to us mine for key farming and to finish lvling my warrior and engi for the last leg of their lvling so I don’t have stacks just laying around because I was actively using up the tomes ^^; ).

Why do you need tomes? You’ll be 80 the moment you make the character in the BWE.

frayon.3984

Why do you need tomes? You’ll be 80 the moment you make the character in the BWE.

was talking about for when HoT launches. Sorry ^^;

Syviren.7086

Any new news about this?

CandyHearts.6025

Any new news about this?

Nope. None. :C Let’s keep shifting the thread though so maybe someone will answer eventually!

Posted by: Petoox.6570

Petoox.6570

Last BWE I played Revenant alot and I didn’t have anything special in my bank. Now that we can play Daredevil I would really like to use my thief’s ascended armor and weapons for beta thief too so I can try it out in level 50 fractals and get better idea of Daredevil.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I doubt it, as they are not re-setting our beta accounts.

It’s a popular request, though, so time will tell.

Good luck.

Syviren.7086

We need answers!