Battle for Tarir......oops, MAP CLOSED....

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

I was in a Successful Battle for Tarir meta and while we are looting the Exalted chests, half way through, many were at the 4th room when the map suddenly CLOSED and kicked all of us into a failed map. Seriously, it was a FULL MAP. Octovine was murdered with lots of time to spare…… And everyone was happy with a successful meta win until the map closed during the looting phase.

Seriously, why is the map still in close mode where there is 80+ players on the map? ANET, you had ONE JOB. ONE JOB.

I want my last Grand Exalted Chest back from that run!!!!!

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

As frustrating as that may be, Anet clearly has more than one job.

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

I was in a Successful Battle for Tarir meta and while we are looting the Exalted chests, half way through, many were at the 4th room when the map suddenly CLOSED and kicked all of us into a failed map. Seriously, it was a FULL MAP. Octovine was murdered with lots of time to spare…… And everyone was happy with a successful meta win until the map closed during the looting phase.

Seriously, why is the map still in close mode where there is 80+ players on the map? ANET, you had ONE JOB. ONE JOB.

I spent about 6 hours straight in a single VB map a few days ago. Got the map closing notification multiple times but map never actually closed because at points we got influxes of players (who then left again triggering the map closing notification again).

So they must’ve fixed it in VB at least. My guess is that the AB one is not quite fixed or possibly everybody rushed through the chest run faster than you and then left map.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

I spent about 6 hours straight in a single VB map a few days ago. Got the map closing notification multiple times but map never actually closed because at points we got influxes of players (who then left again triggering the map closing notification again).

So they must’ve fixed it in VB at least. My guess is that the AB one is not quite fixed or possibly everybody rushed through the chest run faster than you and then left map.

I don’t think so. And even if they were leaving, it was so sudden without notification, lots people weren’t even done looting with map chat screaming murder and qqing the devs.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

It sounds more like the map instance crashed. Some guy was kicked out of the final PS right before killing Mordy. There is something funny going on….

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

I don’t think so. And even if they were leaving, it was so sudden without notification, lots people weren’t even done looting with map chat screaming murder and qqing the devs.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Megaservers-8/first#post6019618

According to this they’ve released some very minor changes. So perhaps the reason why my VB was fine is because of those minor changes and AB(and others) just aren’t done yet.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

They don’t have many developers only graphic designers. So 2,3 of them doing work for 20. Expect fixes in a year/two.

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

I don’t know what’s going on these days, but I haven’t seen one successful octovine event completed for a while now. Bad luck?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t know what’s going on these days, but I haven’t seen one successful octovine event completed for a while now. Bad luck?

I completed one two days ago, but the one before that failed, due to some people leaving west to help south and then not being there for west’s burn. If too many people leave to help someone else, then it can cause a fail. But my last attempt was successful and I don’t run this event often

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You will be pleased to know this is on the ‘Known Issue Tracker’ and is being investigated.

http://help.guildwars2.com/entries/98802888-Known-Issue-Tracker

Good luck.

Posted by: allire.3984

allire.3984

It’s pretty much always win in an organized map.

This one feels like a flower!..

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

Milking people’s money with incredibly bad gemstore items is clearly WAY more important to anet than actually fixing HUGE flaws that have been in the game for months/years….

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Milking people’s money with incredibly bad gemstore items is clearly WAY more important to anet than actually fixing HUGE flaws that have been in the game for months/years….

I’m not really sure why people think that artists who make wings are qualified to fix server issues, or balance issues, or any issues for that matter.