Berzerker is one thing but here is another!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

I really enjoy my berzerker gear when I run dungeons and I really enjoy the damage is king meta. However, I do believe the other gear has its place in this game and it sure seems like they want to have more of a mix of gear in groups moving forward. (Ex. why precision and ferocity if you can’t crit)

I would like to run a mix to get 4 stats to help make a build really sing (rright now it’s 3 stats or celestial basically)

How about this one to mix it up: Power, condition damage, healing power. I think I’d call it vindictive.

What type of gear would you guys like to see? Any good ideas floating around?

Ps I think trinity Sucks I’m just talking about stat sets that might be useful in THIS combat system.

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

i’d like to see power, precision, vitality.

Posted by: Sengel.7801

Sengel.7801

I think zerker has it’s place, but it shouldn’t be the ONLY meta option and thus is ridiculously overpriced on the AH(considering I farm mats for it just to make the tidy profit off of the insignias). If conditions become crittable I’d love to see Condi damage, Ferocity, percision called like Malevolent (Mallyx armor)

Posted by: Eggs.3142

Eggs.3142

It might be a fever dream, but wouldn’t it be nice if you could craft ascended, or legendary armor, and basically slot your ideal set up? You want three stats worth of Healing Power? Boom you got it. Toughness Power and Condition Damage? Right this way sir!

A OK.8276

i’d like to see power, precision, vitality.

Now all that’s leftft is a name…. Matador?

let’s hear your name ideas, obviously they don’t have to be good (Matador? Yeesh)

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Am I imagining this or did a dev recently talk of releasing crit damage main stat armour? Crit dmg, power, toughness please :P

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

A OK.8276

Am I imagining this or did a dev recently talk of releasing crit damage main stat armour? Crit dmg, power, toughness please :P

name: Jotun

Posted by: evilunderling.9265

evilunderling.9265

What the wiki says is called ‘Forsaken’ gear (Power, Healing, Toughness — basically like cleric’s, but with the power and healing stats reversed) would be nice to see on weapons and armour, and should be effective at Tequatl and possibly a few other world bosses.

It would also save your kitten if you ever find yourself in a fight that’s been tuned to make raider’s fatigue into a potential issue.

A OK.8276

what about this one: Relentless= Power, boon duration, condition duration.

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

give every one 250% crit dmg base line and boom zerk gear is no more and we are free to use any stats we wont.

most other mmos have base line crit dmg that’s flat even across the entire board.

and modify it for the SPVP ppl so its balanced and equal.

omg I just fixed the game

all hail me hero of GW2 design

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

give every one 250% crit dmg base line and boom zerk gear is no more and we are free to use any stats we wont.

most other mmos have base line crit dmg that’s flat even across the entire board.

250% crit damage is why they nerfed it in the first place. But yes, crit damage should have just been removed from the game entirely when they had the chance. Replace it with traits being the only way to raise crit damage above the base 50% . The game would have been much better for it.

Posted by: BladeRain.6543

BladeRain.6543

Some combinations I’d like to see:

• Warlock’sToughness (or Vitality), Power, Condition Damage – Would probably try it on a Revenant or Necromancer for a hybrid set.
  • Pacifist’sBoon Duration, Toughness, Vitality (or Healing Power) – For a slight twist on the hit-like-a-pillow Nomad stats. Also turning Boon Duration into a numerical value like Ferocity would be nice, though probably impractical.
  • Warlord’sFerocity, Power, Precision – Just to complete the Berserker/Assassin/??? triad.
  • Witch Doctor’sCondition Damage, Healing Power, Power – No idea for what reason other than it hasn’t been done in any order.
=-= 80 of every class | Bad at all of them =-=
Hyperbole is the absolute worst thing in the universe.

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

250% crit damage is why they nerfed it in the first place. But yes, crit damage should have just been removed from the game entirely when they had the chance. Replace it with traits being the only way to raise crit damage above the base 50% . The game would have been much better for it.

Totally disagree. The only reason crit damage is king is because the dungeons are designed so poorly you dont need any other stats because you never take any damage.

Even if crit damage was removed there would still only be one or two viable sets, mainly ones with power + prec as the stats, and even then condi damage/healing power/ect. would still be useless.

Also id love power + toughness + ferocity gear (cav but with power first). That or power + healing power + ferocity.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Totally disagree. The only reason crit damage is king is because the dungeons are designed so poorly you dont need any other stats because you never take any damage.

Even if crit damage was removed there would still only be one or two viable sets, mainly ones with power + prec as the stats, and even then condi damage/healing power/ect. would still be useless.

Also id love power + toughness + ferocity gear (cav but with power first). That or power + healing power + ferocity.

It wouldn’t matter how complicated the PvE content was, the meta would always be 3 dps stats. It’s always this way in every MMO for a DPS role. Since there is no trinity, there’s nothing but DPS roles to fill.

This is why there’s no point in arguing about conditions in PvE. The meta will always exist. If it’s not zerker, it would just be something else. At least zerker involves some actual effort on the part of the player.