Best HOT location for fast XP?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: fourhim.3584

fourhim.3584

I’m trying to get XP as fast as possible for 2 more masteries I want. I see a lot of people recommend Dragon’s Stand. Is this the fastest XP gain in the game right now?

Other things I’ve been tossing around are paying for the first 2 Bloodstone Fen XP bonuses (I can’t afford the 3rd one), but that might be a waste of 15 gold for a mere 20% xp gain. Or I’ve been thinking about finding a good spot in HOT with a lot of non-aggressive monsters that nobody farms, which give good XP when they’ve been sitting there a long time.

Please advise. Thanks.

P.S. What is the best food for XP gain?

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I’d guess Bloodstone Fen or Ember Bay.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

DS meta is a lot XP. The other metas aren’t as good. Make sure to use all the possible buffs:

• XP boosters
  • Fireworks (available on the TP; use the ‘all sources’ variety)
  • Halloween foods (+15% to xp; most food is +10%). Spicy Pumpkin Cookies are super cheap atm, provide a boost to MF, and a boost to condi damage.
  • Guild Hall bartender xp buff.
  • XP or similar guild banner
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Dragon’s Stand is still the best.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

AB.. ab is better than ds provided u join one of those MM groups.

look u don’t trust me try it yourself.. join only for octovine don’t need to do pre. Then kill fast, switch map and kill again. U get same exp even low low participation trust me..

Arun Kar

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

AB.. ab is better than ds provided u join one of those MM groups.

look u don’t trust me try it yourself.. join only for octovine don’t need to do pre. Then kill fast, switch map and kill again. U get same exp even low low participation trust me..

You won’t get 1.5M-2M XP from doing that and it’s far from consistent.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

HOT Map metas if you have a train to follow….. but for solo, Ember Bay after the mobility masteries seems less time efficient, but has significantly less overhead and has no time commitment (unlike Dragon Stand). I managed to do the whole leyline gliding mastery in 2 days farming there. If you have Leyline gliding, Bloodstone Fen is also a good event train when populated. They operate like the old Orr event trains, give a a good amount of Exp, and is guaranteed to hit gold because of how easy they are.

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

If I wanted experience, I would definitely go into Bloodstone Fen, since you can get up to 30% extra experience there.

If I just wanted to kill tons of mobs while getting experience, Ember Bay would be the go-to place for extra Karma.

If I wanted to make money, I’d go to Auric Basin.