Best times to fight Garent?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: owlbystarlight.6594

owlbystarlight.6594

Hey everyone, been a while since I’ve posted here. Any folks here who run TD fairly often? I need to kill the Garent for my legendary axe, and I’m having rotten luck getting into any good maps. Most of the time we have too many AFK people or people doing other things on the map which really just messes things up. :/

Are there any guilds that specialize in TD events? Any peak times where more successful META runs take place? Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Get to the map 15 minutes early and use the LFG tool. Keep it open. Join a squad doing it. That’s the best way to get into a populated map. If you get there too late you won’t be on the one full map that usually succeed. Overflow maps have mixed results.

Posted by: owlbystarlight.6594

owlbystarlight.6594

Yeahh that’s what I’ve been doing, and I’ve been getting on full maps where everyone is just doing whatever I guess. :s

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

You on EU or US servers? I’ve never seen one on a EU server fail since the April patch. I play mostly in the day.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Hey everyone, been a while since I’ve posted here. Any folks here who run TD fairly often? I need to kill the Garent for my legendary axe, and I’m having rotten luck getting into any good maps. Most of the time we have too many AFK people or people doing other things on the map which really just messes things up. :/

Are there any guilds that specialize in TD events? Any peak times where more successful META runs take place? Thanks in advance.

There are people who will tell you that the metas are fine and WAI. The last two times I tried for the Gerent fight (last week, around 9pm NA), the one and only map that was organized was full more than 15 min out. I kept trying to get in until the event started. I gave up on one night. The other night, the overflow map that I happened to be in was not organized and although we managed to get the Gerent to show up, the event failed within seconds.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

The maps I organize are full long before the gerent event draws near. We usually are full ~1h before the event with only a few spots left. So those fill in an instant when I put it into LFG right before the meta.

There are always a few entries in the LFG for TD in the evenings. Join one of them and help with events, HP and anything players there do. It’ll be a fun 2 hours and by the time the gerent event starts you’re on a full map with ppl organizing it.

If you only show up 15mins before and only want to do the gerent it’ll always be a gamble. I’ve never had a map fail because of too few players.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There are people who will tell you that the metas are fine and WAI. The last two times I tried for the Gerent fight (last week, around 9pm NA), the one and only map that was organized was full more than 15 min out. I kept trying to get in until the event started. I gave up on one night. The other night, the overflow map that I happened to be in was not organized and although we managed to get the Gerent to show up, the event failed within seconds.

So pretty much like Triple Trouble. I agree. Getting into a map is the best way to do it. Attempted it two times in two days, beat it the first day, the second day one of the lanes didn’t finish, but the reward was pretty good anyway considering three lanes did. We just didn’t get that final chest.

You have to be there early and you have to get onto a server that’s doing it.

Djinn.9245

The maps I organize are full long before the gerent event draws near. We usually are full ~1h before the event with only a few spots left. So those fill in an instant when I put it into LFG right before the meta.

There are always a few entries in the LFG for TD in the evenings. Join one of them and help with events, HP and anything players there do. It’ll be a fun 2 hours and by the time the gerent event starts you’re on a full map with ppl organizing it.

If you only show up 15mins before and only want to do the gerent it’ll always be a gamble. I’ve never had a map fail because of too few players.

I disagree that there are ALWAYS a few entries. The two nights I tried recently there was only 1 LFG and that was for Gerent and was full.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I disagree that there are ALWAYS a few entries. The two nights I tried recently there was only 1 LFG and that was for Gerent and was full.

• What time did you check? Near reset? 8 hours after reset? It took a few days for people to start coming back after the Halloween lootstick festival.
  • Check again if you only see 1 LFG — if there’s enough for one full map, there’s almost certainly enough for two successful maps (although it can be difficult to get the second one going, with so many people focused on trying to get into the first map.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Djinn.9245

• What time did you check? Near reset? 8 hours after reset? It took a few days for people to start coming back after the Halloween lootstick festival.
  • Check again if you only see 1 LFG — if there’s enough for one full map, there’s almost certainly enough for two successful maps (although it can be difficult to get the second one going, with so many people focused on trying to get into the first map.

It was later in the week, into the weekend. Don’t remember exactly but it wasn’t 11/9. It was evening in NA. I was also surprised that there wasn’t more than 1 group. As I mentioned, the map I was in one of the times tried for Gerent but failed moments after getting him to appear.