Beta 2: Still Insanely Squishy - Just Me?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Enriana.2976

Enriana.2976

So, I’ve got an elementalist. The difficulty was dialed up in the first beta; I died so frequently and often (didn’t even make it into Maguuma) that I rolled a necromancer instead. Even my guardian friends are having trouble. I just tried again, and I’m dying again and again as an elementalist.

Am I doing something wrong? Because it’s incredibly discouraging not being able to play the new content when the playstyle that works fine in the base game is blowing me up into tiny pieces. I don’t mind challenging, but I’d hoped it’d been scaled back a bit for this beta weekend (and eventual release).

I rarely use the forums, so apologies if this is already being discussed or posted in the wrong place.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Get better. I’m sorry but plenty of others are surviving just fine and completing the new content.

What exactly are you dying to?

You realize you are an ele? you have the lowest armor + lowest hP pool… you need to be actively dodging hits, constantly moving, using your defenses from traits and skills effectively….

You can’t expect to just stand there and tank hits and survive….

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Zerker meta is dead, you can’t jut faceroll everything with max dps. Learn to defend, wear more defensive gear, trait for heals and protection, etc.

Things need to be scaled up further, they are still too easy with more than 1 player.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

it’s intentional since it is designed to be amuch harder end game area, forcing you to try new tricks/skills/weapons/traits.

It is also scaling due to the number of ppl in the area

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I was running around with zerk ele with no issues, though I didn’t use the elitespec/WH aside from testing purposes

Posted by: nehezbegar.1065

nehezbegar.1065

Tbh, spells are so cluster kitten that sometimes in zerg i can’t see kitten on the ground and i sometimes die to it since it has pretty high dmg

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I went Temp / Water / Earth

I couldn’t die with celestial on. I was trying very hard to. xD

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

I don’t mind challenging, but I’d hoped it’d been scaled back a bit for this beta weekend (and eventual release).

If they scale it down it will no longer be challenging, it is difficult as intended, you are going to dye as intended. Once you learn how different mobs work and tweak your build to your weakness I’m sure these mobs will not kill you as often.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]