Beta: Ranger Pet Perma-Stowed

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Amestre.7286

Amestre.7286

After joining a squad for the beta raid, the group could not disband. I swapped beta characters in order for me to leave the group. It worked. When I logged back into the beta, my ranger’s pet was stowed. Before this point in the game I could stow and summon my pet.

I re-joined my raid group and could not summon my pet by clicking the icon to summon. Typed K to see if I could get the pet screen, no luck. I didn’t want to miss participating in a raid so I left it alone. I assumed that taking damage when fighting would bring it out but it didn’t. Downed and dying didn’t bring it out either.

I left the raid area, changing beta characters and returning. Still no luck. Tried swapping characters once again after the squad disbanded and it stayed stuck that way.

It was very strange without the pet.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Are you sure you weren’t asleep?

I mean that is a very common dream for Rangers. Most people consider it among their best dreams!

Nah the pets were actually useful in this raid, so props for that.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Amestre.7286

LOL.

I know some players would prefer to keep a pet stowed, but I use my pet for initiating aggro, attacks and such. Beastmastery is very watered down from Guild Wars.

I also forgot to mention I had two of the new pets equipped, Smokescale and Electric Wyvern.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Ranger losing pet was a bug in beta. there’re some threads about it in Bug and Ranger Sub Forums

You would have to delete and make new character.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Amestre.7286

Thank you for the info. I’ll head over there and check the threads. I posted here since it occurred after I got stuck in a squad during the beta.

I would hope (in the live game) it would not be an lead to deleting a level 80 character just to regain the pet.

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

not that it matters much anymore, but a fix a friend told me is to go underwater, access the pet menu from there, and set your pets there. it worked for me.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)