Beta Revenant Weapon Skins...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: RizelStar.3724

RizelStar.3724

Has there been any update on their status?

I think A-Net gave an update on them months ago but I know there was a recent AMA, so I’m wondering if a possible question about them appeared then.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I havent seen ANY reference about them. Wich is extremely sad…
BUT.
Maybe it means they will be released along a content patch more directly related to Revenant lore?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

i never understand what anet have against a set of weapons/armor tied in same theme or lore:

- we have auric weapons, but no auric armor.
- the leystone armor, and older leystone weapons, is clearly designed as diferents sets.
- we have revenant armor, but no revenant weapons.
- bloodstone weapons, but no bloodstone armor, and the backpiece from Bloodstone fen is ridiculous.

and the list goes on.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I think the actual art assets got lost somehow, at least that’s the vibe I got from their response many months ago. I do wish we’d get them … some of them looked pretty cool.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I think the actual art assets got lost somehow, at least that’s the vibe I got from their response many months ago. I do wish we’d get them … some of them looked pretty cool.

The art must be still there, you can still view the skins ingame with a chat code

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They admitted they simply forgot about them. Since nothing came from us making the devs remember, i guess they have managed to lose track of them again.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I think it’s interesting that of all the ANet employees who play the game, not a single one wanted those skins for their chars and looked them up to notice they were missing and sent in a bug report or internal notification. They had to have us tell them they weren’t in game. And since then they either haven’t found them and or they did but didn’t put them in the game, which is its own point of interest.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I think it was actually Colin that responded to it at the time, with his leaving it may have been the reason they forgot again. There must be some way for them to jump on it again.

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

The story goes that the skins got lost between departments, and they are just sitting in a folder somewhere. (This is coming from gaile grey)