Beta Testing Times: quite disappointing

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Syviren.7086

Syviren.7086

I’m actually very disappointed with A-Net. I won’t be able to be on during this “test window”. So, farming and all that, there was no point? Getting excited for something new and cool to be one of the first to try was totally pointless?

GW2 is an amazing game, and in general, A-Net has been an awesome company with fantastic design ideas and even better implementation. But this is quite upsetting. I normally don’t post just to complain, but this is seriously messed up.

I think that they have dealt a real blow to the people who are essentially their most hardcore players. Realistically, it wont stop them from playing or throwing piles of money at them. I know i won’t. But this was a bad move, and it kinda hurts. Just wanted to say that.

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

It is a beta test, not a demo. It is for a select group of people to test for bugs and glitches to help in the development process. This is their first real beta test, the previous stress test was just the demo version. They delivered exactly what they promised.

I feel sorry for those who farmed for hours thinking this was going to be one of those marketing/hype focused betas, but that’s not what it is and they chose those times for a reason.

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

They cannot appease everyone with their schedule. It will leave out someone just like you no matter what time they schedule it for. Its better to just say “oh well” and leave it at that.

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

Syviren.7086

1 whole day would have worked better. Poor EU players got really screwed over :C

Syviren.7086

well I’m in central time. The last test is from 5:30-7:30pm. I have work till after that. Kinda bumps us 9-5 people out completely. Just seems like a poor time to do it. Could have added another block on later.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

why can’t they just leave it on 24 hrs? like the stronghold?

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

@syviren, the first closed beta in March was the same, in EU was the night from tuesday to wednesday at 20:00ish and at 1:00ish, for 2 hours each.
This time they followed the same scheme, with the adittion of one round more at 4:00ish

I expected to be on tuesday night, like the last one.

However i agree with Zackie, the best would be to have 24 hours so any one could test it at their own pace and time. But like has been said: maybe what they want to test is if a determined time, the serveres can handle a determined number of people. So it is understandable that they put specific hours.

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

@syviren, the first closed beta in March was the same, in EU was the night from tuesday to wednesday at 20:00ish and at 1:00ish, for 2 hours each.
This time they followed the same scheme, with the adittion of one round more at 4:00ish

I expected to be on tuesday night, like the last one.

However i agree with Zackie, the best would be to have 24 hours so any one could test it at their own pace and time. But like has been said: maybe what they want to test is if a determined time, the serveres can handle a determined number of people. So it is understandable that they put specific hours.

The set time is so that Anet employees will be there to gather information/fix things if necessary. This isn’t a “get hyped, it’s almost out!” beta. This is for bug testing.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

No, 24 hours would not be good.
This is not supposed to be a preview, it is an actual test.
For actual tests to be useful they need to have people on site to check out exactly what is happening.
Do you really expect ArenaNet to force people to spend 24+ hours straight at the office?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Understand the developers must be able to work during beta times… if somethingh is seriously broken it needs to be fixed… Having 3 beta’s and all people stuck at the same things due to no programmers and devolopers online to fix it. would be a waste of a lot of time from a lot of people…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

I am quite disappointed that people think this is anything more than a beta “TEST”

Get over it.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

well I’m in central time. The last test is from 5:30-7:30pm. I have work till after that. Kinda bumps us 9-5 people out completely. Just seems like a poor time to do it. Could have added another block on later.

I think you have misread. Check the blog.

11:30 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) to 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)
3:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) to 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)
7:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) to 9:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)

There is in fact “another block on later.”

Syviren.7086

@Donari

Not that the times are “Pacific Time”. I am in CENTRAL Time. That means the last test is 5:30pm to 730pm

Posted by: Drumble.4865

Drumble.4865

@Donari

Not that the times are “Pacific Time”. I am in CENTRAL Time. That means the last test is 5:30pm to 730pm

I think you’re adjusting the wrong way. 7:30pm Pacific is 9:30pm Central.

Posted by: Crossflip.4390

Crossflip.4390

so, farming and all that, there was no point? Getting excited for something new and cool to be one of the first to try was totally pointless?

As an mmo player this is something you should have come to expect by now

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

@Donari

I think you’re adjusting the wrong way. 7:30pm Pacific is 9:30pm Central.

This. It goes Pacific +1 to Mountain +1 to Central +1 to Eastern.

Posted by: Dhonti.5162

Dhonti.5162

The short notice does not work either. For Europe the beta test is in middle of night or in early morning.
While I have a job I would have to get a day off. Since monday is a holliday I cant get tuesday off. A 2 weeks notice ahead would be great.

(edited by Dhonti.5162)