Big Spender Daily HoT change

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

So with yesterdays Earning Hero Points in World vs. World news release
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/earning-hero-points-in-world-vs-world/

They state: “The laurel vendor will no longer sell liquid world experience.”

The Problem: When the WvW daily comes up, I normally go up to any WvW map and buy the Taste of Liquid World Experience, since I already own all the Fine, Masterwork, Rare and Exotic Weapon and Armor skins.
I am also full up on Ascended Amulets, Rings and Infusions too
Since I spend very little time in WvW I also already have all the Siege weapons I could ever need in my bank.
Oh and yes I have the Gift of Battle and Commander’s Compendium too.

I know that buying the ‘Taste’ is a silly waste of Laurels but wasting 2 laurels a week on this is no big deal to me.

So unless I am missing something, I don’t really have anything else to buy with Badges of Honor.

I don’t want to just buy stuff like Siege just to use up the Badges.
so

The Question: Are they going to add something useful to burn our badges on in place of the Taste of Liquid World Experience?
I hate to suggest it because I did say ‘useful’ but maybe something like the Lost Orrian Jewelry Box.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

If I need a quick daily and daily spender is up, I just buy siege weapon. You can easily turn around and sell them to the market then for a few silver. I normally do a camp capture or land claimer. something easy if i do not have time to go for tower and keep, and the medal earn that way supply big spender too. Also once you earn big spender, you do earn 10 back, so it like a refund.

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

We’re going to be able to salvage WvW stuff, so pending on salvage changes, it would be worth buying an exotic and popping a mystic salvage kit or blt kit on it.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

We’re going to be able to salvage WvW stuff, so pending on salvage changes, it would be worth buying an exotic and popping a mystic salvage kit or blt kit on it.

You don’t get any crafting mats from salvaging wvw gear. You’re only going to get back the runes/sigils you put on the gear.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

TJ: good Idea on buying siege and reselling thanks
BH: Depending on how the salvage works this might also be an option but if like Khani says you don’t get any mats then maybe not.

Still would be nice if ANet gave us some other stuff to buy to replace the ToLWE too

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I always spend it on Stealth Disruptor Traps or some such, it only takes 2 to hit the daily, then I just trash ’em.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I imagine the WvW Dailies will change and ‘Big Spender’ just may be retired completely.