Blasting Staff&co

Blasting Staff&co

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

Hiho!

Might we get any dev that could tell us if we get a fix for traits like Blasting Staff with HoT or even before that?
All those new mechanics we’ve seen in the Revenant-PoI made me think of those old traits that never got the fix.
I mean, in the chinese client the size-increase of the fields is properly implemented for the placement-indicators with these traits. In the other clients the placement-indicator remains the old size, while the trait only increases the size of the resulting field.

Blasting Staff&co

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Mhh for me the indicators work fine with the traits. I just tested blasting staff with all placement-indicator options (fast one and the 2x click).

And i am certainly not using the chinese client. I have that client installed since the beta weekend.

I also think the bug forum may be a better place for your problem then the hot one…

Blasting Staff&co

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

Mhh for me the indicators work fine with the traits. I just tested blasting staff with all placement-indicator options (fast one and the 2x click).

And i am certainly not using the chinese client. I have that client installed since the beta weekend.

I also think the bug forum may be a better place for your problem then the hot one…

I made pretty sure to check if it’s a bug before posting it here.
I asked several of my friends and they have the same problem with the respective traits for their professions. I remember seeing some posts regarding the problems some time ago.
I can’t say I remember it ever functioning right, it’s especially visible at the static field and the meteor shower for me.

Blasting Staff&co

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Blasting Staff increases the indicator, but the actual field is still bigger.

Blasting Staff&co

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Here’s how it is for me with lava font and static field.
I also have the game installed since launch

Attachments:

Blasting Staff&co

Muchacho.2390

Blasting Staff increases the indicator, but the actual field is still bigger.

As is said, not for me. For me the indicator has the same size as the field. I tested it with all staff fields.

Well there was a time when the indicator really didnt work but since the patch, which was supposed to fix it, it works just fine (atleast for me). I think it was the patch that introduced the fast casting indicator option but i am not sure on this one.

(edited by Muchacho.2390)

Blasting Staff&co

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Healing rain is bugged last time I checked.

Blasting Staff&co

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It’s not the case of when your client was instaled (or whether it’s the chinese one or not), but when your character was created. I understand it works well for everyone that got their ele made after the original bug got fixed (possibly also for everyone that didn’t have the trait equipped the day the patch hit), but that fix didn’t work for me at all. There was even a thread not long ago on this with pictures from two characters compared side to side to show the problem.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Blasting Staff&co

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

It’s not the case of when your client was instaled (or whether it’s the chinese one or not), but when your character was created. I understand it works well for everyone that got their ele made after the original bug got fixed (possibly also for everyone that didn’t have the trait equipped the day the patch hit), but that fix didn’t work for me at all. There was even a thread not long ago on this with pictures from two characters compared side to side to show the problem.

Odd, but explains a lot.

Blasting Staff&co

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Made my ele during the early head-start event. I can confirm that the AoE indicators aren’t the size of the actual AoE.

Blasting Staff&co

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

I was playing Pve staff ele a lot, some day i decided to go staff into PvP, the indicators are a lot larger (not the actual fields).

So i think this bug exists only into our pve/wvw world, and pvp is fixed, but if some dev could look into it, i think its a small fix, but nice to have it, since makes it a little easier to see where we placing fields.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Blasting Staff&co

Muchacho.2390

Fair enough, my ele is indeed not that old.

Mhh this makes the whole thing rather interesting.