Blindfolds are Removable

Blindfolds are Removable

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Isciira.2958

Isciira.2958

I was able to play the demo at PAX yesterday (thank you arenanet staff for making our wait informative and talking to us!). As of the demo, you can toggle the revenant blindfold off like any other headgear, was not able to see if any other headgear can be used though.

Amaris Procella-80 Thief on TC
Ridley Procella-80 ele

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: LCV.7245

LCV.7245

I feel that it would be a massive limitation and discontinuity if Anet didn’t allow head gear of our choice. Enforcing strictly blindfolds is an imbalanced limitation that is seen on no other professions. The introduction of the Revenant was to eliminate the imbalance between weight classes and to freshen up the game as a whole. Limiting these new character to only one type of head gear seems to be fundamentally against their goals.

But this is just my opinion. If they do implement something like this, I won’t be complaining. I’ll just find the coolest blindfold and transmute my desired helm to it.

The Pleb Army | 80 Sylvari Mesmer | 80 Norn Warrior | 80 Asura Ranger | 80 Asura Necromancer |
80 Sylvari Thief | 80 Human Elementalist | 80 Asura Guardian | 80 Asura Engineer |
80 Sylvari Revenant

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

All the blindfolds are, are a headpiece skin. Just like every other class choice headpiece.

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I figured the blindfolds are optional.

Now I kinda wonder if, like GW1 Ritualists, even without an eyes-covering headpiece your Revenant still fights with their eyes closed.

Blindfolds are Removable

Isciira.2958

I figured the blindfolds are optional.

Now I kinda wonder if, like GW1 Ritualists, even without an eyes-covering headpiece your Revenant still fights with their eyes closed.

Nope, she still had her eyes open. They were a pale color, but that could have been the default character creation as I didn’t mess with it at all.

Ridley Procella-80 ele

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

As of the demo, you can toggle the revenant blindfold off like any other headgear, was not able to see if any other headgear can be used though.

So after being one of the first common players in the world to experience HoT… Your main reveal is that the toggleable headpiece is toggleable.

My mind has been blown.

Blindfolds are Removable

Isciira.2958

As of the demo, you can toggle the revenant blindfold off like any other headgear, was not able to see if any other headgear can be used though.

So after being one of the first common players in the world to experience HoT… Your main reveal is that the toggleable headpiece is toggleable.

My mind has been blown.

Most of the revenant things were already displayed on the livestream, sorry. As for the story we played through, didn’t really want to hand out spoilers. I can message you if you want with the details, but I’m sure its been written on one of the big sites already. Most people weren’t looking at the little cosmetic aspects, but I head quite a few people in line with me think the blindfold was going to be non-toggleable.

Ridley Procella-80 ele

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

really helmet non-removable/hidden. Shouldent same have been with the elementalist stone headband and necromancers mask they got in begining have been the same then? dont people use common sence anymore?

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Does anyone know how many dye channels there are for the blindfold (if any) and if so, is the symbol on the blindfold dyeable?

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

It’s armor, and it’s not the Ice Diadem. It will have at least one dye channel.

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

It’s just, some starter headgear that’s armor aren’t dyeable – like the light necromancer masks. I’m just hoping this isn’t the case for the blindfolds cause I really wanna color the symbol a cyan/teal color for my future revenant

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

It’s just, some starter headgear that’s armor aren’t dyeable – like the light necromancer masks. I’m just hoping this isn’t the case for the blindfolds cause I really wanna color the symbol a cyan/teal color for my future revenant

I might have a glitch in my brain somewhere, but i THINK i saw a Rev with a differently coloured blind-fold somewhere. Maybe in the vid by WoodenPotatoes.

EDIT : http://youtu.be/yEh_LowtX5E?t=2m59s

Might be the light, but the Blindfold looks purple to me.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Shiki.7148)

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

My mind has been blown.

Ok, it’s not earth shattering news. I’m sure most of assumed that to be the case. But even all those press vids didn’t really reveal anything new about revenants. Everything they saw we’d already seen in the articles and POI vid.

Isn’t there a race (Miraluka?) in SWTOR which has blindfolds which can’t be removed? Some – especially those less familiar with GW2 – might have been concerned it’d be a similar deal for revenants.

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

The OP actually thought that the blindfold would be permanent?
Of course it is removable, it is just a headpiece like any other.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Tron.3471

Tron.3471

Why on earth would you think the blindfold wouldn’t be a normal headgear skin???

Blindfolds are Removable

Tron.3471

My mind has been blown.

Ok, it’s not earth shattering news. I’m sure most of assumed that to be the case. But even all those press vids didn’t really reveal anything new about revenants. Everything they saw we’d already seen in the articles and POI vid.

Isn’t there a race (Miraluka?) in SWTOR which has blindfolds which can’t be removed? Some – especially those less familiar with GW2 – might have been concerned it’d be a similar deal for revenants.

Revenant is a profession not a race. Your comparison to SWTOR is invalid.

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

Even better, once you have the skin, you can have all your Guardians and Warriors running around blindfolded.

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Even better, once you have the skin, you can have all your Guardians and Warriors running around blindfolded.

Yeah, id definitely use that to call out every guard and warrior with blindfolkittene revenant that cant handle this class yet they want to be as cool as revenant

Nope, wont happen as long i am around!

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Ironwill.5389

Ironwill.5389

I feel that it would be a massive limitation and discontinuity if Anet didn’t allow head gear of our choice. Enforcing strictly blindfolds is an imbalanced limitation that is seen on no other professions. The introduction of the Revenant was to eliminate the imbalance between weight classes and to freshen up the game as a whole. Limiting these new character to only one type of head gear seems to be fundamentally against their goals.

But this is just my opinion. If they do implement something like this, I won’t be complaining. I’ll just find the coolest blindfold and transmute my desired helm to it.

Ahem, and what about engineering back pieces? Not that I disagree but the precedant to force u to look a certain way already exists…. ( cough cough hobo-sacks).

I expect the headpiece is probably available for all heavy armour types… Just like the class specific headpieces for other classes and engineer starter backpack are for all medium armour types.

Still, it would be ironic to have a two year old thread of people complaining in the revenant class forums to “please fix beggar-band”

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I never really doubted it, as forcing a certain piece of equipment onto a character would be rather unlike anything else in the game (and no, I don’t think “hobosacks” are the same thing because those only show up with certain skills and aren’t actually equipment, just a visual effect, you can still equip whatever back item you want) but I suppose its good to have it 100% confirmed. I find the blindfolds really stupid, personally, so its good to know for sure I can ditch that ASAP.

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

My mind has been blown.

The game is a dress up game why is this a shocker.

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

personally i’m still waiting for rangers to get blindfolds.

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Was this an actual concern? Your class doesn’t fundamentally change how the game works.

It’s just a skin. You can use it or not. Your face is also your face, it doesn’t change because you happened to be a Revenant instead of any other class.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: PorceleinEve.2973

PorceleinEve.2973

personally i’m still waiting for rangers to get blindfolds.

permanent pet names…. it’s time, we’re ready for it

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

The existing blindfold (Seer) headgear has 3 channels (as I recall).

Main band, edging & an ornament.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Blindfolds are Removable

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Don’t be silly.

Blindfolds are Removable

Tron.3471

Don’t be silly.

Not sure what’s silly about the difference between a race and a profession.