Bol.com states HoT released December 2015

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: NoisyBoy.4218

NoisyBoy.4218

Q:

Can anyone including developers / staff confirm wether this is true or false ? I am really eager to see if there will be a Collector’s Edition for the Expansion

Cleo’s quote “All beings have the right to live, to die and to die again.”

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I think they are guessing. Seeing ANet hav not yet said a date, I don’t know how they would know, when ANet is not 100% yet.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I seems to recall Bol.com having been completely useless at guessing release dates before.

Until you have a release date on www.guildwars2.com all release dates going around are basically assumptions.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

You can’t confirm or deny something you don’t know… and I don’t believe that ArenaNet even know yet. It’s a shot in the dark date just so there is a date to the game….

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Imagine this game without updates for the whole year.. Yeah..My guessing is april 28.

lordkrall.7241

Imagine this game without updates for the whole year.. Yeah..My guessing is april 28.

There have been no information whatsoever that there will be no updates between now and release of the expansion.

In fact I believe it to be completely opposite and that they have actually said that there WILL be updates between now and release (I’ll see if I can find it).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

I doubt ArenaNet even know a fixed release date, because it needs to be beta-tested first.

Scoobaniec.9561

There have been no information whatsoever that there will be no updates between now and release of the expansion.

In fact I believe it to be completely opposite and that they have actually said that there WILL be updates between now and release (I’ll see if I can find it).

And what updates will it be? Pavilon? SAB? Dragon Bash? LS is dead.

lordkrall.7241

Aye, all of those three can happen. (And based on some audio-files added to the dat with the latest update it seems like one of them is rather likely)

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

BrotherBelial.3094

Not really. There is plent they could do. LS wise. But it not be LS so to speak. They could have us going around rallying people to join the pact after the heavy losses they just took. Fighting the Sylvai that have turned and getting them out of the grove. Trying to find a way to free them from Mordi’s grip. There are plenty of things that could be done before we go into the jungle after Mordi.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

lordkrall.7241

Not really. There is plent they could do. LS wise. But it not be LS so to speak. They could have us going around rallying people to join the pact after the heavy losses they just took. Fighting the Sylvai that have turned and getting them out of the grove. Trying to find a way to free them from Mordi’s grip. There are plenty of things that could be done before we go into the jungle after Mordi.

To be fair we do know that HoT starts very soon (as in minutes) after the end of Episode 8, so I am not sure how of that would actually be possible.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Scoobaniec.9561

LS wise its going to be in a expansion. Nuff said

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Wouldn’t it be funny if that date was accurate?

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

They would have to be suicidal to cut off LS till december, given LS was the only source of updates so far. HoT is coming way sooner then that. Just look at what A-net is doing – lotsa promotions in cash shop, sales of old skins, perma harvesting tools on perm sale…

They do this stuff right before realease, their last push to scrounge up more cash for the upcoming costs. I’m not saying that it won’t happen in december 100%, but what i’m saying that all tell signs are there, that this is not a-net’s plan and only way for HoT to lauch so late is a result of disastrous fail, like a mountain of newfound gamebreaking bugs.

HoT launching later then spring/early summer can be deemed as delayed at best, major fail at worst, since mmos live with stream of new content and we’re not getting any till HoT itself.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I believe you misheard. They said there wouldnt be anymore LS and they would just focus on HoT for now. And they dodged the question of other patches by saying theres a balance patch coming on the 27th of Jan. So we will most likely just get minor balance patches until release and if we are lucky a festival. But I wouldnt bet on it.

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

My guesses are:
Super Adventure Box makes a lot of sense. Low development cost on their part and very popular with the player base.

A new world boss revamp in the same vein as Tequatl could be a possibility. Perhaps the Claw of Jormag or the Shatterer.

Replayable Season 1 of the Living Story is still on the to do list; maybe they’re finishing that up, but that’s probably quite a bit of work so maybe not.

Touching up the Zhaitan fight would be a very minor update but very much welcomed in my opinion.

Feature Pack… most likely right before or on the day of HoT launch containing the features that will be available to all players regardless of purchase.

I don’t see Pavilion or Dragon Bash happening seeing as what just happened in the story… not exactly the time for a celebration.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

To be fair we do know that HoT starts very soon (as in minutes) after the end of Episode 8, so I am not sure how of that would actually be possible.

This is partly why I am sceptical of any festival events. It wouldn’t fit their in game timeline if they wanted to stick with it.

SAB they could get away with I guess though, but I suspect we will see features/balances/wvw seasons and maybe some sprucing up of core zones and their DE’s. Maybe.

BrotherBelial.3094

That said the story of what glint left in the jungle picks up in HoT. I’m not saying that the LS is going to continue before HoT launches. I was just saying that if they wanted to, they could do story driven content like what I said if they wanted to. It would not be a continuation of “the story” but rather of what the world has been doing since news of what happened to the fleet reached the rest of the world. How the world has reacted. Are people all “the sky is falling! We are all doomed!” Or are they forming lines to take the fight to Mordi? That dose not have to take place after HoT comes out.

Scoobaniec.9561

That said the story of what glint left in the jungle picks up in HoT. I’m not saying that the LS is going to continue before HoT launches. I was just saying that if they wanted to, they could do story driven content like what I said if they wanted to. It would not be a continuation of “the story” but rather of what the world has been doing since news of what happened to the fleet reached the rest of the world. How the world has reacted. Are people all “the sky is falling! We are all doomed!” Or are they forming lines to take the fight to Mordi? That dose not have to take place after HoT comes out.

Our character doesnt know yet what happened. On top of that..meh nvm. Too lazy to write

lordkrall.7241

But that is just the thing: If the expansion starts up just minutes after the destruction of the Pact, there would not really be any logic in having the whole world knowing about it and reacting to it already.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Release date depends on how beta goes. Beta starts ‘soon’ after pax east/rezzed (14-16march?). I’d say we’ll get it sooner than december.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Scoobaniec.9561

Release date depends on how beta goes. Beta starts ‘soon’ after pax east/rezzed (14-16march?). I’d say we’ll get it sooner than december.

Demo will be playable in about 5 weeks now? At pax anyway. So i guess they already have closed beta tests in. Shorty after they release open beta for masses. If there wont be any gamebreaking bugs, then im pretty sure it will hit in april 28. Ofc thats olny speculations

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

I Doubt we will get pavillion this early after doing it last year, what I think is possible is a return of Dragonbash, SAB or a WvW tournament.

BrotherBelial.3094

I Doubt we will get pavillion this early after doing it last year, what I think is possible is a return of Dragonbash, SAB or a WvW tournament.

WvW before the others.

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

I believe you misheard. They said there wouldnt be anymore LS and they would just focus on HoT for now. And they dodged the question of other patches by saying theres a balance patch coming on the 27th of Jan. So we will most likely just get minor balance patches until release and if we are lucky a festival. But I wouldnt bet on it.

Collin said LS is done until expansion, but other things will be happening. He didn’t specify though.

skip to about 3:40

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You can’t confirm or deny something you don’t know… and I don’t believe that ArenaNet even know yet.

They clearly said they don’t know. They are planning to start the betas, and then run them as long as necessary. Which might be a month, or a year, depending on the number and magnitude of problems they will run into during that testing phase. Remember, they are not going to test only for bugs, but also for people’s reactions to implementations of some features. They said they are ready to redo some of them if they meet with unfavorable reactions.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: judgementryu.9531

judgementryu.9531

Bol.com is a Dutch Amazon. They’ve never guessed release dates before so I’m doubtful where this really came from.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Betas surely should start by April sometime – just my guess, but I would be very surprised if it’s held back till the second half of the year.

Maybe it won’t be final till the end of the year.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

it’s not guessing. the release comes in 2015, but there’s no date, so the placeholder date for that is “december 31 2015”. it doesn’t mean it will actually take that long to release the game.

come on, guys, this is a common practice :/

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

Sigh It just a placeholder. They can’t select “No release date”, so they select last day of the year.

Posted by: Nick.7259

Nick.7259

My guess is release of expansion when GW2 turns 3 years old. (still too far away in my opinion but it’s not like Anet has a history of speedy releases)

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

When it’s ready!

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

Can anyone including developers / staff confirm wether this is true or false ? I am really eager to see if there will be a Collector’s Edition for the Expansion

If they “state” it to be in December, ignore that website and never use it again.
If they “speculate” about it to be in December, just sigh at them for being naive.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Always play it safe. Unless it’s announced by ANet themselves, don’t believe it.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

HoT will represent a physical box → which means shelf space → which means retailers WILL know with precision 4 months in advance and they aren’t in the habit of keeping that information to themselves.

The retailers don’t know yet. So its still somewhere between 4 months from now and the end of the year. Don’t expect to know with any more precision than that until its announced.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: BammBamm.6719

BammBamm.6719

rebuilding of lions arch would be the perfect filler

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Touching up the Zhaitan fight would be a very minor update but very much welcomed in my opinion.

I’m not sure doing a proper job of it would be ‘minor’…

On the other hand, if people’s shiny new revenants are going to be going through the established Personal Story, they may well want to fix the Zhaitan fight at a time where people are more likely to be revisiting Zhaitan.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Posted by: Toran.4230

Toran.4230

Haven’t read the whole thread but yesterday i spoke with an ANet employee (not a Dev) and he told some people that the beta testing is partly there to figure out a release date. So no way anybody knows something and best they can do is guessing…unless he lied to people which i doubt because there would be no point.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Bol.com has concluded that HoT will launch this year and picked the last month for safety reasons.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

might not necessarily be a fake date, i think its more likely its a placeholder for preorder purposes. seems like a safe bet it will be out some time this year to me

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Mishee.5719

Mishee.5719

They are saying it will come out 31/12-15…so no, that’s fake.