Bored of HOT

Bored of HOT

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Johnsen.6253

Johnsen.6253

Sorry, Im not excited for more wiping in raids and Im not an elitist who clears the raid wing in a few hours. I dont like to grind pvp season2.

I completed HOT maps with my 9 classes and played through the story 9 times with all achievements.
I really dont want to grind all the collections left.

When are we getting new maps and the continuation of the Living Story ? HOT Story was really short)

When are we getting new Tyria masteries? Im sitting with 14 Tyria Mastery points left after completing 163 masteries. (What about the pact commander tag for masteries?)

Where are the WvW or Dungeon improvements to keep us motivated?

Im considering to reactivate my SWTOR account since Im really bored. I have the feeling that most of the effort is made for a small group of elitists like hardcore raiders and Pvp people.
GIVE the normal players something to do. I dont mind if you release new pvp and hardcore raiding content if you dont forget the normal players. Thanks.

(edited by Johnsen.6253)

Bored of HOT

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Apparently “normal” players do not play raids guys!

You have to be “elitist” and “hardcore” in order to enjoy raids.

The forums of this game…

Bored of HOT

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

The forums of this game…

Only few build and classes are needed in raids so yes its just elitist.
And rewards are crap.

Bored of HOT

Yelloweyedemon.2860

The forums of this game…

And rewards are crap.

I’m sorry you can’t use a complete random setup and afk#1 kill the raid boss.

From now on, content that requires you to use more than 15% of your brain shall be only for elitists!

“normal” players in this game are too dumb for that. We can only use #1 and even then don’t ask us to be super focused on surroundings! We have a life, we play to relax and stuff!

Waaah!

Bored of HOT

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

Anet themselves stated raids would not be doable by most players.And that small percentage are geting a new raid wing next week wile the rest of us get to replay hot metas for the several hundredth time.I have hive master and golden child titles and 163 mastery points.Time they gave the majority of there players something else to do.
Bored of hot yip.

Bored of HOT

Posted by: FromShouri.1705

FromShouri.1705

Anet themselves stated raids would not be doable by most players.And that small percentage are geting a new raid wing next week wile the rest of us get to replay hot metas for the several hundredth time.I have hive master and golden child titles and 163 mastery points.Time they gave the majority of there players something else to do.
Bored of hot yip.

Maybe actually try and raid? I mean it really isn’t that hard. I made my account at release but quit and came back periodically including for a week or so at HoT release. Ive got barely 385 hours across all my chars over 1,267 days. I’ve almost got an entire toon in ascended pieces(4 more to go!) That means since the roughly 30,408 hours since GW2 core release, in less then 0.01% of the time I’ve almost got full ascended and 1/3 raid bosses down probably clear the rest this weekend but it took less than 10 tries for my first kill. I don’t consider myself elite, if anything my playtime heavily shows I’m a casual. I also don’t use meta builds and haven’t had any trouble finding pugs. Maybe you’re just going about it all the wrong way with a kittenty attitude?

Enatorious, Victorialus, Erastu Ses Etas

Bored of HOT

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The forums of this game…

And rewards are crap.

From now on, content that requires you to use more than 15% of your brain shall be only for elitists!

“normal” players in this game are too dumb for that. We can only use #1 and even then don’t ask us to be super focused on surroundings! We have a life, we play to relax and stuff!

Waaah!

Some facts:

• Raids were demanded by a part of the total population that identified itself as hardcore. This demographic lamented the lack of content offered by GW2 for their preferred type of play. Some of this demographic also lambasted dungeons (the intended hard PvE content) as too easy, face-roll and similar delightful statements. That’s not to say others didn’t also ask for raids, but let’s consider that the group which pointed out that GW2 has less for such players was the most vocal.
  • I’ve already seen similar statements about raids. That is, that raids are too easy.
  • Elitism is simply: “the advocacy or existence of an elite as a dominating element in a system or society.” Since meta considerations dominate PuG raid comp creation, yes, there is an element of elitism in regard to raid accessibility. The defense for this is usually either that the content is hard enough to require such limitations; or that a desire for efficiency dictates the meta. Efficiency means that the group finishes with less challenge and faster, because apparently spending more time playing the fun content of raids is undesirable. While I understand the thinking, I find it somewhat ironic.
  • One of the oft-expressed arguments against any attempt to make hard content more accessible is the “…use more than a tiny percentage of your brain” pejorative.
  • The players who seem fond of using that argument also tend to be the ones who sooner or later get around to calling that supposed hard content face-roll, which kind of means, “Able to be done using zero percent of one’s brain.” Also just a wee bit ironic.

I’ve been a staunch supporter of the idea that those who want harder content should be catered to, even though I am unlikely to benefit directly by having such in the game. However, when I see the disdain for both fellow players and the game such as is expressed by this poster and his ilk, I have to wonder whether the effort to keep the segment of the hardcore that does not express such disdain and dismissal worth having to endure the portion that does.

Bored of HOT

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

…………..

I have to wonder whether the effort to keep the segment of the hardcore that does not express such disdain and dismissal worth having to endure the portion that does.

i agree. it is not worth the effort. please, all ‘hardcore’ raiders, feel free to leave this game so that it can continue w/ the original goal of gw2.

Bored of HOT

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Anet themselves stated raids would not be doable by most players.

They never stated that. Stop making facts out of thin air.

The current raid wing can be completed by

-Full pug from LFG
-Several set-ups such as healer tanking, thief tanking, necro condi-dps, engie condi-dps, Druid healer, Ele healer, no healer, etcetcetc…
-Everyone in the group in full exotic gear as long as they know what they are doing.
-Leaving multiple raid spots blank (I’ve seen up to 4-5 man killing bosses)
-Without voice communication.

I could go on…

The raids in GW2 are straightforward simple and should be completed by 95% of its active population. The only reason as to why someone should not be able to complete the raid is that he either plays way less than an average MMO time required on a toon, or that he is really bad (meaning he can’t stay focused on something for more than 5 mins).

Furthermore Anet stated that the next wing will not be any harder than the current one, because the raids should be accessible to a wide variety of player skill levels

Bored of HOT

Posted by: Wander.5780

Wander.5780

All I want is just to be able to join an organized DS map less than an hour before it starts… the time constraints for this game have be come absolutely insane. I feel completely defeated every time I login with tons of time before the DS meta starts and I cant get into a single populated map. I’m starting to hate this game because the developers indifference towards the player base. No disclosure of time frames for fixing anything, false estimates on new content releases, (new legendaries, Living Season, new raid wing) and everyone likes to give Anet a pass because its not a subscription game… these kinds of problems shouldn’t exist in any MMO that has the exposure and has been around as long as this game has. 3 1/2 years in and we still don’t have a legitimate LFG system… its mind boggling.

Bored of HOT

Yelloweyedemon.2860

The forums of this game…

And rewards are crap.

Waaah!

Some facts:

• Raids were demanded by a part of the total population that identified itself as hardcore. This demographic lamented the lack of content offered by GW2 for their preferred type of play. Some of this demographic also lambasted dungeons (the intended hard PvE content) as too easy, face-roll and similar delightful statements. That’s not to say others didn’t also ask for raids, but let’s consider that the group which pointed out that GW2 has less for such players was the most vocal.
  • I’ve already seen similar statements about raids. That is, that raids are too easy.
  • Elitism is simply: “the advocacy or existence of an elite as a dominating element in a system or society.” Since meta considerations dominate PuG raid comp creation, yes, there is an element of elitism in regard to raid accessibility. The defense for this is usually either that the content is hard enough to require such limitations; or that a desire for efficiency dictates the meta. Efficiency means that the group finishes with less challenge and faster, because apparently spending more time playing the fun content of raids is undesirable. While I understand the thinking, I find it somewhat ironic.
  • One of the oft-expressed arguments against any attempt to make hard content more accessible is the “…use more than a tiny percentage of your brain” pejorative.
  • The players who seem fond of using that argument also tend to be the ones who sooner or later get around to calling that supposed hard content face-roll, which kind of means, “Able to be done using zero percent of one’s brain.” Also just a wee bit ironic.

I’ve been a staunch supporter of the idea that those who want harder content should be catered to, even though I am unlikely to benefit directly by having such in the game. However, when I see the disdain for both fellow players and the game such as is expressed by this poster and his ilk, I have to wonder whether the effort to keep the segment of the hardcore that does not express such disdain and dismissal worth having to endure the portion that does.

I would agree with your post if the raid in this game was on par (difficulty-wise) with some raids from RIFT or old LOTRO… I remember a specific raid encounter that 4 months after its release, had been beaten only by 4 guilds worldwide.

In GW2 the whole wing was beaten within 5 days of release, and within 2 weeks it was beaten by full pugs off LFG…

I’m a casual player who is taking long breaks from the game, I only play 5 classes (2 of which were created after HoT), I don’t have more than 1.5k playtime acc-wise, and ofc I don’t own a LI. I beat the whole wing (eternally) several times without any issues. I refuse to believe that players who do try, fail so hard in order to abandon all hope.

Just because GW2 was afk#1 spam for 3 years, it shouldn’t remain like that forever. It drove people away much more than luring people in.

Bored of HOT

Posted by: zeldara.4127

zeldara.4127

I’m “bored” of HoT in the sense that it didn’t give me as player the extra playtime and fun I hoped for. Mostly to do with real life making my dedicated playtime, half an hour here, small hour there. And for HoT that simply does not cut it, where in the core game I could get things done (and still can but I already done them to death by now and it grew stale).

HoT did have some fun things and I did spend a decent amount of time in it and done quite a few things (having a reaper and a ranger as mains helps as those seem to be the most forgiving classes for HoT (solo)). I still log in in the HoT areas some sessions and happen to walk into some event, get to an poi or such I didn’t get before or another thing to do and have fun. But often I feel like i am just aimlessly walking around like a headless chicken. Trying not to die, being besieged on all sides, trying to not get killed while trying to get somewhere to do something before time runs out. Often leaving me with an unsatisfied feeling when logging out. So HoT still has a pretty big barrier for me to jump in for various reasons.
HoT does really seem aimed at people with large windows of dedicated time and stay on your toes focus. I’m not one of those people.

So I am not sure if you would called that bored of HoT, but I do log in often in GW2 these days and kinda standing there not knowing what to do/attempt. Even if there is quite a bit of content I haven’t done properly yet in HoT. I won’t really say I am bored of GW2, but I do noticeably feel less pull to log in and stay logged in.

I am really ready for new content that is more accommodating my situation (call it limited time casual if you like). The raid wing isn’t gonna give that to me obviously, and I have no idea when to expect something else.

Bored of HOT

Yelloweyedemon.2860

I don’t know about you guys, but if I tried my best and failed, then saw people do this: https:https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/48h1fz/evc_vale_guardian_10_man_naked_style/ I would seriously question my intelligence.

Bored of HOT

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Fortunately for OP, it’s an easy game to break from and come back later. If you’re bored just stop playing something that’s making you unhappy. It’s pretty simple.

FWIW, I am a “normal” player and I think the raids are fantastic. I’ll never be setting any records or anything. I play a few hours a week and with inactivity stretches of several weeks at a time and I still enjoy coming on for a raid night or two.

Find the things that make you happy, and do those things. Seems that’s often forgotten.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Bored of HOT

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t know about you guys, but if I tried my best and failed, then saw people do this: https:https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/48h1fz/evc_vale_guardian_10_man_naked_style/ I would seriously question my intelligence.

Well I’d question my skill set, at any rate. Unfortuately, different people have different skill sets and what’s easy for one person isn’t at all easy for other people. For example everyone who lives in the Oceanic regions, I’m guessing tens of thousands of players, are playing with inordinately high ping lately. That’s a big part of the world. It would be nice if Australia was closer to mainland US, but it’s not, and I don’t think making content that part of the world can’t play easily is great for the game.

But you know, not everyone grew up with a keyboard in their hand either and there are probably more older players than you think, that find it harder. I have many in my guild that simply don’t have the hand-eye coordination, or the vision, or the physical capacity to raid. Some of them are very intelligent people.

On the topic of being bored, I’ve yet to see an MMO expansion that didn’t bore some people after three months. That’s about the time it takes for WoW subscriber numbers to take a dive too, and I have people in my guild who go, play with wow expansions for a couple of months then leave again and come back here.

So yeah, saying an expansion is boring after 3 months is probably not hugely troubling.

Bored of HOT

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Well I’d question my skill set, at any rate. Unfortuately, different people have different skill sets and what’s easy for one person isn’t at all easy for other people. For example everyone who lives in the Oceanic regions, I’m guessing tens of thousands of players, are playing with inordinately high ping lately. That’s a big part of the world. It would be nice if Australia was closer to mainland US, but it’s not, and I don’t think making content that part of the world can’t play easily is great for the game.

But you know, not everyone grew up with a keyboard in their hand either and there are probably more older players than you think, that find it harder. I have many in my guild that simply don’t have the hand-eye coordination, or the vision, or the physical capacity to raid. Some of them are very intelligent people.

On the topic of being bored, I’ve yet to see an MMO expansion that didn’t bore some people after three months. That’s about the time it takes for WoW subscriber numbers to take a dive too, and I have people in my guild who go, play with wow expansions for a couple of months then leave again and come back here.

So yeah, saying an expansion is boring after 3 months is probably not hugely troubling.

A game’s difficulty is balanced around players who do not have latency and ping issues. Since the majority of the playerbase is from NA and EU, toning the whole game down because some people from Oceanic regions may have issues, is laughable…

Also do I need to remind you that this is an action MMORPG? The action part on the game’s genre, means that the combat is more real-timed, where “hand-eye coordination” is required. If people have way below average reflexes, maybe they should have thought twice before buying an action MMO.

PS: I don’t consider nor implying that people from Oceanic regions are second class citizens and their opinions should not be irrelevant, but the game’s difficulty is not the answer for their issues. If they do have such issues, then it’s a technical/server matter and should be adressed by Anet, which should also not be here because it has nothing to do with Heart Of Thorns sub-forum…

Bored of HOT

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

Im not bored with hot, I need to like it first.

Bored of HOT

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

What is normal? If you define normal by the majority of players, that’s correct. In general, most people tend to play MMOs solo. If you look at the way MMO communities act, raiding is generally in an exclusive spot. Guilds advertise themselves as raiding guilds and the players are known as raiders.

afk#1 spam

HoT didn’t change that. As long as it’s group content, you can spam your buttons without care. The same is true for all games, as long as the content isn’t balanced for the elite; the top 0.1%. There’s always room for a carry.

Bored of HOT

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Also do I need to remind you that this is an action MMORPG? The action part on the game’s genre, means that the combat is more real-timed, where “hand-eye coordination” is required. If people have way below average reflexes, maybe they should have thought twice before buying an action MMO.

Or maybe ANet should have considered the ramifications of creating a game where reflexes were important while marketing the game by saying, “So if you love MMORPGs, you should check out Guild Wars 2.” This game has been remarkably schizoid with regard to just who is being catered to with regard to difficulty. First, it’s harder, then it’s easier, then it’s even easier, now, it’s a bit harder again (in open world).

The thing is, it’s kind of a fool’s errand to try to please the difficulty crowd. They’re going to learn the mob moves, then say, “Too easy.” One way around that is to generate unavoidable damage, and all that does is create the need for a dedicated healer. Another is to tune the fights so that the reactions needed are only within the capability of the very best reaction speeds. Not that ANet has done that, but that is what it would take to generate content that those players will not disdain after the learning curve.

Bored of HOT

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

I’m “bored” of HoT in the sense that it didn’t give me as player the extra playtime and fun I hoped for… I am really ready for new content that is more accommodating my situation (call it limited time casual if you like)…

I’m in a similar situation, but not due to content. What kept me coming back to the game was fun & engaging gameplay with playstyles that I enjoyed. There are several pre-HoT professions I like but are fairly stale after years of play. I was hoping for new playstyles that would be fun and keep me coming back for more. Unfortunately I didn’t love any elite specs. I wasn’t looking for OP specs, just a playstyle that meshed for me. It didn’t happen.

That, combined with changes in WvW, has left me uninterested in playing.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Bored of HOT

Posted by: Sinzaku.2980

Sinzaku.2980

Bored of hot yip.

Maybe actually try and raid? I mean it really isn’t that hard. I made my account at release but quit and came back periodically including for a week or so at HoT release. Ive got barely 385 hours across all my chars over 1,267 days. I’ve almost got an entire toon in ascended pieces(4 more to go!) That means since the roughly 30,408 hours since GW2 core release, in less then 0.01% of the time I’ve almost got full ascended and 1/3 raid bosses down probably clear the rest this weekend but it took less than 10 tries for my first kill. I don’t consider myself elite, if anything my playtime heavily shows I’m a casual. I also don’t use meta builds and haven’t had any trouble finding pugs. Maybe you’re just going about it all the wrong way with a kittenty attitude?

U got carried in raid it doesnt count =D

Anet themselves stated raids would not be doable by most players.

They never stated that. Stop making facts out of thin air.

They did but based on fact it can be done with only 5 ppl, i can say they failed their hardcore content, if the rest of us cant even manage raid with a full team its only cuz its not working as fractals or dungeons which u just need spam 1 to death.

Raid need communication and coordination, which was never needed beside Teq / Wurm, and people cant deal with it.

“Necromancer in Heart and Soul” ~ #8k Hours#Asura
-(EvE ~ EU)-

(edited by Sinzaku.2980)

Bored of HOT

Posted by: Avarice.2791

Avarice.2791

All I want is just to be able to join an organized DS map less than an hour before it starts… the time constraints for this game have be come absolutely insane. I feel completely defeated every time I login with tons of time before the DS meta starts and I cant get into a single populated map. I’m starting to hate this game because the developers indifference towards the player base. No disclosure of time frames for fixing anything, false estimates on new content releases, (new legendaries, Living Season, new raid wing) and everyone likes to give Anet a pass because its not a subscription game… these kinds of problems shouldn’t exist in any MMO that has the exposure and has been around as long as this game has. 3 1/2 years in and we still don’t have a legitimate LFG system… its mind boggling.

These problems exist in your head. I can expand on how it took me three days to grasp how HoT works if you’d like. I more often than not join DS metas a couple minutes before it starts and I’ve never had an issue. Nothing needs to be fixed except perhaps your setup. You state anet gets a free pass due to the fact there is no subscription but did you ever stop to think this may effect the rate of content? I don’t get it, you want more content yet you can hardly grasp the simplicity of HoT? Lolol it so funny how many people “hate this game” yet they sit here playing it for 8-10 hours a day. I put in 10,000 hours and now I’m bored!!!!

(edited by Avarice.2791)

Bored of HOT

Posted by: FromShouri.1705

FromShouri.1705

Bored of hot yip.

U got carried in raid it doesnt count =D

Can’t get carried when you’re on green circle duty

Enatorious, Victorialus, Erastu Ses Etas

Bored of HOT

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

I never raided. I don’t believe I will ever raid. If ANET keeps releasing content that I do not play, I will find a game where I have content that I want to play.

Simple.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”