Buying seperatly or adding on?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Maguey.4270

Maguey.4270

So my question to the rest of the community is basically I am struggling with deciding whether to create a new account for HOT that will give me 5 new character slots and all the bells and whistles or to add it on to my existing account. Now while some will say that they would love everything they have worked for (Legendaries, Ascended, etc…) I think its just an opportunity to have two accounts that have high leveled characters have the potential to make some gold. So what are your thoughts?

Posted by: Ariete.6509

Ariete.6509

I’m struggling myself with this question. Given they aren’t stripping away privileges to existing paid accounts and occasionally my wife plays the game, apart for the AP bragging rights I’m seeing more value in purchasing a new account while keeping my current as is.

I can still have my first account bump some mats and gold while i progress in the new account.

(edited by Ariete.6509)

Maguey.4270

Glad I am not the only one. It does seem the higher value atm.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s a lot more fussy management to handle more than one account, in my opinion. And my stable of 80’s with at least 100 spare Hero Points each? They’re the ones I want to take into the new areas. They’re the ones with years of RP built up.

But then, I don’t really care about maximizing my gold balance.

Maguey.4270

One of my guildmates just told me we get two character slots instead of 1, which I didnt realize, so that may have made up my mind for me…of course this is contingent on buying one of the two more expensive bundles

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Well, if you regularly buy gems with cash then the $100 pack is reasonable. You’re basically buying $50 in gems and two character slots at regular pricing, which means you’re really only paying $30 for the expansion (leaving the mini, decoration, glider skin, and beta access as the only benefits for prepurchasing). Obviously not that great a deal if you prefer to buy gems with gold, naturally.

That being said, a second account isn’t bad. I snagged one during the 75% off sales and use it to farm login rewards, JP chests, and PvP reward tracks.

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

i honestly will say i think if you Buying separately. it would be the most best deal all together . at lest you have got a more better start lets say with a second acount. . then versus just adding it to your first account let,s say . and if you get the $100.00 one then at lest you get more out of it then you would if you add it to your first account .

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

So my question to the rest of the community is basically I am struggling with deciding whether to create a new account for HOT that will give me 5 new character slots and all the bells and whistles or to add it on to my existing account. Now while some will say that they would love everything they have worked for (Legendaries, Ascended, etc…) I think its just an opportunity to have two accounts that have high leveled characters have the potential to make some gold. So what are your thoughts?

It’s a matter of convenience: two accounts is largely more trouble than one. Some people won’t care about that and others will.

The biggest things you lose with a second account are:

• Convenience (you have move wealth & gear around).
  • Unlocks for skins & dyes.
  • Birthdays and associated benefits.
  • Achievements and associated benefits.
  • Ascended gear and anything else with time gates (some of which can be addressed by spending a 10-30% premium for mats).
  • Unlocks for things like fractals.
  • Spirit shards and other items that are stocked up on veteran accounts, but slow to accumulate on new ones.

If you don’t care about any of the above, then I’d recommend starting a new account. (I do want to avoid those inconveniences, so I added HoT to my existing one.)

edit: adding context

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)