Can I start deleting all my ascended mats?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: bladezero.9470

bladezero.9470

It would be nice to get some sort of confirmation that we will be able to farm ascended armor and weapons from drops more easily in HoT.

I’d really like to delete all my ascended mats and leave the prospect of ascended crafting behind forever…

Also, it would put an end to this endless debate about gear grind and hard gated content as with raids and fractals.

P.S. If you enjoy crafting, that’s fantastic. But it should be a choice.

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i say delete it. yep, its just 0’s an 1’s anyways.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I would keep it. The ascended mats will be needed for legendaries

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

What? Why just why?

Use your mats. If you don’t already have ascended gear you should be working to craft it because you’ll probably be expected to have at least weapons for raids.

bladezero.9470

What? Why just why?

Use your mats. If you don’t already have ascended gear you should be working to craft it because you’ll probably be expected to have at least weapons for raids.

I break out into hives just thinking about the crafting system in Guild Wars 2.

:-(

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

If you don’t want to have ascended gear and don’t intend to raid or do fractals, then you don’t need the ascended material and they’re just a waste of space.

Don’t know about ascended mats being used to make legendaries, though.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Wait until the expansion drops to look over the changes then decide.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: StaticX.7695

StaticX.7695

I heard that we’ll need things like bloodstone dust for guild halls?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Ascended aqua breathers are coming with HoT. Keep the mats for them.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

If you don’t enjoy crafting why saving the crafting ingrediences? Get your hands on Mawdrey II and princess and Wait till wintersday and you might be able to get ‘Star of Gratitude’ use the extra mats with these and save the once in your material storage.

You don’t need Ascended for raids it is just recomended and fractals is mostly possible to do with only trinkets wich you get from laurels and Guild commendations. Someday from just playing little of everything and you might find an Ascended gear. I do PvP, fractals and Teq and I have found a few sets of Ascended gear.

And also about crafting, don’t let it be work, craft a little each day, craft some when you got mats and don’t go TP to get more mats to level crafting just craft when you got the mats and one day you will be there. Some stuff does not get that booring if you just dont force yourself to farm just to level up. I have been playing this game since start and I have played like that and I have most crafting profs at max.

Don’t do the things you find booring, atleast don’t force yourself to do it. Just enjoy the game for what it is.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

More easily than one-in-45,000-drops and more easily than I-could-craft-it-myself have a WIDE range of possibilities between them. Keep in mind Black Lion key drops have also been made more frequent. So much so no single human user will ever be able to tell the difference.

You’re deranged if you think crafting them will be obsoleted by ascended gear boxes raining from the sky. They will never topple their carefully constructed economy that way.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

The expansion is what, 10 days away? You mean to tell us you can’t wait 10 more days after all this time of holding on to the ascended materials?

Please…

Fine, delete them then.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

After a hard days work, I always love to see threads like these. Thanks, OP.^^

Let me ask you a question still:
If I like to have legendary armor, should I have to do raids for it? I mean, to quote you:
“PS: If you enjoy crafting, that´s fantastic. But it should be a choice.”
I would like to replace that with:
“PS: If you enjoy raiding, that´s fantastic. But it should be a choice.”

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Unless you are running out of space so quickly that you have no alternative, I’d advise you to wait to see just how easy it will be to get Ascended gear going forward. I’m 99% sure it’s going to remain lower than the current rate of exotic acquisition (via drops + crafting + TP), which leads me to feel that I’ll want to keep my mats.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Why not delete all the ascended mats? Even if you need them for new ascended it takes what, a day of normal play to get them back?

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Why not delete all the ascended mats? Even if you need them for new ascended it takes what, a day of normal play to get them back?

Current gains might not be equal to future gains.

What is easy to farm today, might be scarce tomorrow.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

You can absolutely start deleting them. There is nothing stopping you.

I have no idea what you’re talking about in the OP, but I 100% back your decision to arbitrarily delete things on your account.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Kevan.8912

Kevan.8912

what part of the expansion features am i missing that ascended would become easier to obtain? O.o

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

What ascended mats? I farm with my credit card.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

what part of the expansion features am i missing that ascended would become easier to obtain? O.o

Raids.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If I was you I’d wait until the expansions actually out and we can see exactly how everything works to make a decision. Especially since it’s so close.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Nike.2631

Raids.

Those things you can only get loot from once a week?

Does anyone, and I mean ANYONE think a piece of ascended gear is an automatic drop for downing a raid boss?

Yeah. I thought not.

AzureSky.3175

Those things you can only get loot from once a week?

Yes, exactly! (:
You can only get loot from them once a week, that’s why the chances for awesome loot will be much higher than anywhere else in the game.

Does anyone, and I mean ANYONE think a piece of ascended gear is an automatic drop for downing a raid boss?

No!! Why would anyone think that? :O That’d be totally over the top.
However, “[…]The percentaged chance of getting something is way higher than anything in the game because of the one week lockout timer. So, if you’re killing like a world boss, like Tequatl, and he’s got, say, 1% drop rate on his ascended loot cache, it’ll probably be more like a 10 or possibly higher % chance on each of these bosses.”

sauce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM8cgQ42bMQ&feature=youtu.be&t=9m21s

A little later, when she’s asked what rewards we’re gonna get from raids, the first thing she mentions is “ascended gear”.

These numbers aren’t set in stone of course, but to me this sounds like if I kill three raid bosses a week, I’ll probably have a new piece of ascended gear at the end of the month.

Nike.2631

Awesome. An average of 70 days to get one RANDOM ascended chest assuming you’re consistently and successfully farming each boss. You can build an entire set of armor + weapons in that time and get the stats you want.

I think people can probably hold on to their ascended crafting materials a while longer yet.

AzureSky.3175

Awesome. An average of 70 days to get one RANDOM ascended chest assuming you’re consistently and successfully farming each boss.

…how exactly did you get to an average of 70 days? Is there only one single raid boss to kill each week? I’m just asking because I honestly don’t know how many raid bosses we will be able to kill each week, I just thought it’d be some more …
Btw, if I don’t like the stats, I’ll just change them. It’s not that expensive.

You can build an entire set of armor + weapons in that time and get the stats you want.

The thing is that crafting an entire set of armor + weapons costs you a huge load of gold that you have to farm first and that you could’ve used for something else.
I’m not the farming guy. And I don’t need ascended gear for anything in the game (I actually only own ascended trinkets and back items, and a single ascended chest piece) (btw I don’t play high level fractals).
I don’t consider crafting ascended gear being worth my time. But constantly getting a piece of ascended gear now and then from content that I really like is just awesome, and I can completely abandon the idea of time and gold consuming ascended crafting forever.

So, what I’m trying to say is, while you think that getting ascended gear from raids is far inferior to crafting it on your own, it is the perfect way to get ascended gear for people like me or the OP.

Posted by: Kevan.8912

Kevan.8912

Ok, so nothing new.
Raids I wouldn’t do (and sorry but I don’t believe that a raids will be a convenient way of acquiring a full set with desirable stats..it should be a very high droprate and i really don t think il will happen. anet created new Legendaries and ascended with a precise purpose of time goldsink.) and ascended still to be crafted with hundreds of gold.
I’ll wait till anet decides to change again his projects for gw2.

and as once they totally changed direction, they could do it again.

(edited by Kevan.8912)

bladezero.9470

I understand that crafting is designed to prop up the economy, but there are other ways they could do that frankly…

How about designing some actually attractive looking skins or release some halfway decent minis for people to sink their gold into?

I think Anet needs to acknowledge that not everyone enjoys crafting and there should be multiple ways of obtaining end game gear. I’m not saying I need EASY ways of obtaining ascended, just alternative ways.

P.S. I’m holding on to my ascended mats because I might be forced to craft ascended gear if I’d like to play some of the more interesting Raid content.

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

I think Anet needs to acknowledge that not everyone enjoys crafting and there should be multiple ways of obtaining end game gear. I’m not saying I need EASY ways of obtaining ascended, just alternative ways.

there are. you can get ascended armor and weapons crates from doing endgame content, rings from fractals, rings/accessories/amulets from laurels.

legendaries also primarily use the mystic forge, offhand i dont think any crafting is required.

Nike.2631

400 in two different professions for the Legendary gifts. Crafting is part of the Legendary journey and one of the few parts you can’t(directly) buy your way around. (You can of course buy your way to 400, but you still gotta push the buttons personally)