Can only craft precursor once?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Calsword.7293

Calsword.7293

A litle bit gutted to find this out when I had crafted Dusk precursor once, made that into Twilight and sold it. Wanted to do it again, but this time retain Twilight, and having already sunk 30 Deldrimor Steel Ingots into making Experimental Dusk, and then further mats into making the Perfected Nightsword, I was then pretty shocked to see that I could not progress to craft Dusk. so, to clarify, I can make the T1 Precursor, and the T2 Precursor but I cannot make the actual precursor….Seems a little bit mucked up that there is no warning of this, and it allows me to sink hard earnt materials into something that I cannot progress or sell. Please reconsider your position on this ANet.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It shouldn’t allow you to start over again if it doesn’t allow you to finish. Contact support and see if there’s anything they can do for you in getting your materials back.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I think you should submit a support ticket to see if they will exchange the twilight stuff for sunrise, or refund the materials altogether. You aren’t the first case of this happening, so hopefully Anet will put a prevention in somehow.

Calsword.7293

My thoughts exactly….if you can’t finish, why allow you to restart, if you cna finish, then cool…hoping it’s just an oversight as there’s so little information around the legendary crafting and nothing on Dusk

Posted by: Norrec.2713

Norrec.2713

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/

If you scroll down to the paragraph right under the picture of the sylvari holding the energizer, you’ll see that they’ve always been once per account.

However, it does seem really weird that you can craft T1 and T2 again, considering the amount of materials they need, when you can’t craft the actual precursor more than once. I suppose they didn’t want to remove the recipes from your characters after you crafted it once. Anyway, good luck! I hope they return the materials you’ve used.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

However, it does seem really weird that you can craft T1 and T2 again, considering the amount of materials they need, when you can’t craft the actual precursor more than once.

This seems like a serious screw-up.

Calsword.7293

If you scroll down to the paragraph right under the picture of the sylvari holding the energizer, you’ll see that they’ve always been once per account.

However, it does seem really weird that you can craft T1 and T2 again, considering the amount of materials they need, when you can’t craft the actual precursor more than once. I suppose they didn’t want to remove the recipes from your characters after you crafted it once. Anyway, good luck! I hope they return the materials you’ve used.

I hadn’t spotted that in the original article, so not sure how I’ll get on with the Support They also say that the new Crafted Legendary will not be tradable in that article, which is not the case. Seems like ANet have got things a little bit wrong this time round….Let’s hope support are feeling nice.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I hadn’t spotted that in the original article, so not sure how I’ll get on with the Support They also say that the new Crafted Legendary will not be tradable in that article, which is not the case. Seems like ANet have got things a little bit wrong this time round….Let’s hope support are feeling nice.

They meant the new legendaries will be account bound. Twilight is an old one that was available in the core game.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Calsword.7293

No response from ANet on this issue yet, no return of materials. Would be interested to get an official reply.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

No response from ANet on this issue yet, no return of materials. Would be interested to get an official reply.

Did you make a ticket?

You shouldn’t expect some sort of official, forum response on something that is Support’s job. They are the ones that will need to look into your account and its history and make the decision to send you the mats or not.

To contact support.
Top of page: support
Top of page: submit a request.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Meneh.2954

Meneh.2954

I hope you get your mats back or can get it credited towards Sunrise. You are not the first stepping into this which makes me believe ANet should make it more obvious.

They have communicated it but at one point they should make an effort to “foolproof” it more, since it’s painful experience for several people.

Calsword.7293

Did you make a ticket?

You shouldn’t expect some sort of official, forum response on something that is Support’s job. They are the ones that will need to look into your account and its history and make the decision to send you the mats or not.

To contact support.
Top of page: support
Top of page: submit a request.

I have indeed

Calsword.7293

I’m very pleased to report that Support have now finally returned all the materials which I had invested in this.

Thank you to all the GM’s who were involved in resolving this case.