Can't complete [spoiler] Fight. Bugged!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Luclinraider.2317

Luclinraider.2317

Hey guys!

Just posting here to let someone know the final fight is bugged.

And seeing if this happened to anyone else?

Warning! Spoilers!

http://www.twitch.tv/luclinraider/v/22658952

Posted by: Cael.3960

Cael.3960

Yep, completely bugged. After a dozen fights the updrafts only worked once. half the time half the boss platform failed to materialize. The rifts sometimes worked and sometimes didn’t and most of the time they remained on the map even after they’d been used. NPC companions stood bundled together in a group rather than attack the adds or Mordremoth.

All in all, a complete mess. Seems to get progressively worse after every time you repeat it, so hope you get a bug-free run the first time or just exit instance and try over.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

That’s a massive spoiler in thread title, can we get action on these people, please?
They’re ruining the story for people who haven’t burned through it yet.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Artorius.6178

Artorius.6178

This fight is bugged to hell, every time you die against Mordremoth, all the difficulty that build up in your previous try remains from what I’ve seen, meaning every try you make becomes increasingly harder from the start, in a fight that’s already making you play at your best.

Edit: Oh, and hilarious, I just died because the kitten ed rift to free Braham was in the air, with no way at all to reach it, seriously Anet, did you guys even test this?

For now I’m done with this, I’ve got a blasted headache from it, an already challenging fight made near impossible by bugs.

Luciana Aventius – Ranger – Gandara

(edited by Artorius.6178)

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Give it 30 seconds to reset when you respawn. That’s all you need to give it, and it’ll be fixed.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Noctos.7895

Noctos.7895

Yeah, this fight is a total mess imo. First attempt I died to bad design, dialog tells me to shield myself or fly, first thing I see is a shield around my party. Nope doesnt work for me, insta dead. Next 3 attempts completely bugged out, platforms not appearing, npcs doing nothing. Made it to final glider phase, hit by undodgeable rocks repeatedly and killed. Tried one final time and he is stuck at the difficulty of the very end where he just spams abilities like crazy to the point where I was flying around like a ragdoll. What a joke.

Posted by: Artorius.6178

Artorius.6178

Well, I finally got the whole quest done in a group of 5, and yes, it literally felt like this was meant to be done in a party of 5.

Luciana Aventius – Ranger – Gandara

Posted by: Cael.3960

Cael.3960

A day later and STILL broken. Updrafts continue to be non-functional and the boss platform continues to disappear after failed attempts. This lack of satisfaction is feeling like the old Zhaitan fight all over again.

Oh, and a new twist. Now additional boss skills unlocked through the phases start on phase 1.

For the last week I’ve been applauding Arenanet on what appeared to be an almost flawless launch, something I’ve never seen in an MMO before. I knew it was too good to be true.

(edited by Cael.3960)

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

This fight has many phases and so many possibilities for buggs, and they are there.
2 runs today both bugged out. One I did alone and I died, restarted the battle and the boss just kept using the circle skill so that you cannot go outr of range even when I needed to close a rift, good luck trying that when you cant move away from the boss. Resetting didnt help.

Later on in group got at the final stage but the boss did not lose invincible state again few ours wasted on bugged run after I did the previous phases on my own.

So anet start fixing the last instance please, making the story last longer this way is not fun. FYI story is a bit short.

(edited by smitske.4912)

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

So what exactly are we supposed to be doing here? This fight is rediculously easy, I really don’t understand what the problem is, just run around him in circles and you’re good, then slowly back away from Rytlock and Marjory when they come. It’s too easy.

Then he starts charging up and I don’t get what’s supposed to happen. The first time I tried blocking, because he said block, but that didn’t work. The second time I got knocked up into the air, but I didn’t hit glide in time, and it didn’t look like I could do anything anyway since I don’t have Leyline Mastery. I tried bunkering down with Braham, but that also didn’t work.

Is this fight locked behind a Mastery that they didn’t bother to mention?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

So what exactly are we supposed to be doing here? This fight is rediculously easy, I really don’t understand what the problem is, just run around him in circles and you’re good, then slowly back away from Rytlock and Marjory when they come. It’s too easy.

Then he starts charging up and I don’t get what’s supposed to happen. The first time I tried blocking, because he said block, but that didn’t work. The second time I got knocked up into the air, but I didn’t hit glide in time, and it didn’t look like I could do anything anyway since I don’t have Leyline Mastery. I tried bunkering down with Braham, but that also didn’t work.

Is this fight locked behind a Mastery that they didn’t bother to mention?

No, it’s just incredibly glitchy, like when the Zhaitan fight first came out.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Yeah, I just got to the fight for the first time, failed because I thought if I hid in Braham’s Shield bubble, as it being one of the options (Take flight or BLOCK) I would be fine…

Not the case, I simply got nailed to death by the attack, second try and the Rift and Braham are both airborne and me thinking, “Maybe I can land on it, or stand where Braham is STANDING I could do it!” Nope, negative on that thought, fell and died. Then got to the last phase, Mordremoth was almost dead, and the drafts didn’t work, didn’t bounce me up, and didn’t work when I glided into them, so I died…. On the last attempt, he had all his abilities going, and there was little I could do, I died due to his wall coming up as a dodged him melee attack which through me into his well, then the bolts of torment rained down on me and I died.

On a side note though, it’s nice to read it’s not just me and this instance is bugged…

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

First few attempts spent to discover mechanics of the fight.

Then it goes like this:
At the 3rd summoned dude the portal is in the air. Retry.

Managed to get him almost to the defense phase, but the jump/updraft thingy not-so-suddenly just refuses to send me in the air, died. Retry.

Next opens with the portal in the air. Retry.

A jump platform bugged, retry.

Knocked off the edge by Mordy (yeah, my bad, such a terrible player), after few seconds of desperate search for updraft – death and retry.

etc

And the worst thing? Even without bugs the fight is boring. Timings? Lol. Dodges or blocks are barely required, just bring condi cleanses and some stealth to channel stupid rifts (no idea how classes without access to stealth do it, since The Evil Beer Belly was on me all the time). It ain’t even dps check. It’s just a boring long fight with most of the challenge coming from fighting bugs, camera, skills not queuing, etc.

And still better than Zhaitan fight.

I ain’t even mad, just bored and tired after this fight. Basically zero emotions about it left, and I hope to forget it asap.

Posted by: Memories Lost.7634

Memories Lost.7634

Did this with a group last night and got through everything on our way to mordy just fine. Then we get to mordy and all hell breaks loose. First time we entered the instance everything went perfectly fine mechanically speaking, we did however wipe.

The problems really started with the second attempt where parts of the island wouldn’t load and some people were unable to get the air currents to trigger and throw them into the air (despite everyone having updraft mastery). We wiped again and again.

Eventually we got the the final stage but 2 out of 5 of us had died and we didn’t have enough CC to break the bar. So we had to suicide and try again. However every single time after this point mordy would spawn with a breakbar active. After a few more attempts with things either breaking or people just dying we ended up breaking his bar right from the start and this is where things got really weird.

So we broke his bar and it put him into a burn phase and we pushed him from 100% down to about 25% in 1 single burn. This triggered the final phase of the fight, as well as some of the earlier phases that should have been triggered. Burnt him anyway and killed him. After all of that we were watching the final cut scenes and the very last one started to play, then just stopped, booted us from the instance and asked if I would like to claim credit for completion.

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

I killed him solo today without dying once. Easy.

However if you die just once you are cursed. It bugs so bad. Also without knowing the mechanics it’s very likely that you die at least once. Especially when you thought you were safe under Brahams shield.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

We got 4 players killed by bugged gliders. One person survived, did the rift thing, 0HPd him…

No prompt to finish him.

If this was playtested, it should never have been passed

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

You have to succeed on the first try or it becomes a massive headache.

Don’t get into the sky using the bounce, it bugs out a lot. Instead, use the bits of higher ground to quickly jump into the updrafts and immediately open your glider. This way you bypass the buggy jumping and go straight to gliding. It can be tough to spot which areas on the platform work for this, but they are there. If you hold jump, your glider will open at the apex of your jump if it’s available. That doesn’t seem to be common knowledge, but it makes getting into the updrafts much easier.

It’s a shame that the fight has so many bugs because the mechanics are quite fun.

Posted by: Spambot.3625

Spambot.3625

The temporary workaround for me was that you dont attack the boss before the ground appears. When i attacked the boss instantly the ground would not re-appear. Thats the experience I got from finishing mine.

Other than that, it felt fairly glitchy but added a bit more challenge (:

Posted by: ChaosCorpse.3046

ChaosCorpse.3046

Bugged to all hell! What thekitten.
Tried the last three hours. Bugged worse with every attempt.
The fight starts, he uses all his abilities already. Updrafts dont work. Sometimes i am not even able to move. Knockdown, pulled in, pushed away, knockdown, knockdown – dead.
And all sorts of crap like that.

Not even funny anymore. Its completely broken and frustrating as hell.
No matter how much fun the rest of the story was. This boss-fight, once again, is utter bullsh..

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

The fight has 101 bugs, I wasted so much time on it earlier and I just couldn’t kill it because of them. I won’t bother again until it has been fully fixed.

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Hopefully they get it ironed out tonight, I’de like to be able to complete it. But with everything being said, this fight is 100x better than the Zhaitan fight…

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Posted by: Erylian.8405

Erylian.8405

It was spectacularly frustrating when we defeated him only to not be able to deliver the finishing blow. Is it closed to everyone or can only the party leader finish him off? Our leader was defeated and put in the trees.

Posted by: Valfar.3761

Valfar.3761

I’ve just spent over an hour of attempts on the final fight only to meet utter failure. It is excruciatingly frustrating; some times the rift appears in the thin air over nothing, so you can’t reach it without falling to your death and have to start over. During the airborne phase, sometimes you will for no apparent reason simply stop gliding, take massive damage upon hitting the ground (if you survive) and then immediately die to ensuing AoE by the boss. Additionally, the boss and add healths are ludicrously high; I spent ten minutes just trying to get the boss down to HALF HEALTH, and at least two minutes per add. After the fourth wipe, it is quite simply not entertaining anymore, and you feel like your time could be better spent elsewhere.

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

[…]and at least two minutes per add.

My problem with the adds were that you always had to walk backwards to get out of the aoe which decreased the melee DPS quite a lot.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Finally got it.

If you get a team that listens and works well, it is easily possible… the main challenge is knowing how to get round the bugs!

Some of the changes made in the latest patch should help.

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

At the end, when he is on the ground invulnerable, run around the edges and look for an “F” to pop up that you can activate the death blow. It is not marked, you just have to stumble upon it.