Can the final boss be killed?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

seriusly, after spending like 3 hours trying to kill him i gave up. i really dont know how people has managed to defeat him, is bug after buf after bug:

-some times the pools you are suppose to activate appear in mid air
- other times even chaneling fully do nothing
- other times when you are supposed to glide you arent launched into the air as you´re supposed to
- once on air if you get hit some times you cannot get back up or the updraft dont work
- some times the glider doesnt even open

great way to kill my hype carbine, i reached this part all exited to finish it after the epic previous missions, then what was supposed to be an epic battle became an extremely anoying imposible to finish one

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

People like myself completed it because we hit no bugs at all. It was completely smooth experience. Unfortunately that is simply luck at work. It’s been widely reported bugs do exist so hopefully fixes are inbound

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Soloed it to the final encounter and got the updraft bug, then the mid air rift bug. My suggestion is to do it with a group. Plenty of people standing there looking for help right now. As long as the instance owner doesn’t die your chances are greater to beat the bugs. Plus the first two encounters were easy with help.

Posted by: DavidGX.7240

DavidGX.7240

Sucks to hear that it’s bugged for some people, hope they fix it soon. I did it earlier without any issues.

“Those who go mad are merely thoughtful souls who failed to reach any conclusions.”

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

If you’re struggling try resetting the whole instance (leave and start it again). This will stop a lot of the bugs.

But yet its doable, decent design just a shame the bugs make it a little frustrating.

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

I spent a week avoiding all spoiler threads in the hope that I could play the game through without having to look at a walkthrough, I arrived at the endboss a few days ago and after numerous tries kept dying at:

‘Take to the Air’!

Yeah right – kind of difficult when you can’t get off the end of the map.

So out of utter frustration, I find a video, read the forums and lo and behold I discover that updrafts are supposed to appear at this point and they are bugged!

To say I am disappointing that the final encounter of the game has not been thoroughly tested or fixed as soon as reports of problems started coming in would be an understatement.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I beat the last boss first try, and I’m not all that great. It’s totally doable. I did get lucky though, in that the second “glide” phase, I got downed right at the end of it, but my army of followers was able to get me back on my feet.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: choban.9027

choban.9027

I also spent like 3 hours on trying to kill it and ended up being awake ’till 4 am on a work day. Always dying on that 2nd gliding phase because I was not able to get into the air, and few times those rifts opened in mid air. Also the boss was in the 3rd pahse all the time after I died for the first time, making everything a bit harder. In the end I managed to kill him the first time I managed to use those updrafts in 2nd phase…

(edited by choban.9027)

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

Are those bugs still there? I thought they fixed them…sigh.
I have no idea how that fight passed the internal testing, the bugs are not a rare occurence, I experienced them in 4 out of 5 tries.

Posted by: Bearded.6485

Bearded.6485

Yes. The group I was with only killed it because it bugged out twice. We got him down to 5% and couldn’t progress. I think he is supposed to do damage to himself…maybe. He wouldn’t die so we wiped to reset. But he only half reset. The mission restarted, and continued where it left off so we had to fight Rytlock and the others while fighting all the mobs on the last stage. He eventually killed himself…….so whatever……..miserable story over.

FYI don’t try to solo it, not worth the aggravation.