Can we be able to hide mastery levels?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: SmirkDog.3160

SmirkDog.3160

I’ll start off by saying what everyone assumes, that I’m a casual player. I’ve played since launch (technically early access, is that what it’s called?), but I don’t play a lot, probably less than 2000 hours total. Intermittently, since I can’t play anything for long periods of time, and tend to get burned out easily.

Anyway, the concept of mastery levels is cool, but having it be visible to everyone can cause problems. My reasoning for this is that similar concepts are in other MMO or online-only games. Like the item level (or ‘ilevel’) in Final Fantasy XIV, ‘light level’ in Destiny (maybe they changed it since I last played), etc. and it’s basically the ‘yeah we get that you’re the max level but show everyone how much you’ve actually played after that’ sort of thing. And people do get treated differently for it. Before mastery levels were added, it was nice that everyone at level 80 was basically the same, and they didn’t seem more level 80 than anyone else.

So now I’ve seen people get talked down to after joining a dungeon group for having a mastery level of 30 or something, usually by people who have 150+ (or whatever the maximum is, I can’t remember). And even vice versa in rare cases (like the 30 telling the 150+ they have no life or try too hard yadda yadda).

People are no doubt going to give me hate for this, but keep in mind that I just think there should be an option for people who want it. Just to change it so it has the little symbol then a ??? or — after or something. And before anyone make the comparison, hiding the mastery level is different from hiding the actual level.

(edited by SmirkDog.3160)

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

I find it odd that in Core Tyria maps anyone with a Mastery rank does not get their number scaled down like everyone 80 and below do. I wonder why the exception.

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I find it odd that in Core Tyria maps anyone with a Mastery rank does not get their number scaled down like everyone 80 and below do. I wonder why the exception.

Because mastery rank has absolutely nothing to do with character level.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

So now I’ve seen people get talked down to after joining a dungeon group for having a mastery level of 30 or something, usually by people who have 150+ (or whatever the maximum is, I can’t remember). And even vice versa in rare cases (like the 30 telling the 150+ they have no life or try too hard yadda yadda).

Meh … that is dumber than using AP. There will always be stupid people. I don’t think ANet is going to be able to take the stupid out of people any time soon. None of the masteries even have any affect on dungeons.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Anyone that judges by mastery level isn’t worth the space they occupy in the game.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

SmirkDog.3160

They do, it’s just covered up by the mastery level. You can check for yourself in the hero menu.

Anyone that judges by mastery level isn’t worth the space they occupy in the game.

While I agree, at least giving people the option to keep some details about their character private would be cool. I mean, GW2 doesn’t have the ‘examine’ feature that other games have that let you scrutinize another player’s gear. Personally if it were up to me I’d do away with the visibility altogether, since it doesn’t really serve a purpose, but obviously people would yell about it. I would just like the ability to keep it to myself. Let me play like the dirty casual I am without other people being informed that I am in fact a dirty casual.

Khisanth.2948

… and then it would just look like you don’t have HoT and they would just yell about that

and if it just hides everything then they would just yell about the fact that it is hidden

You are just wasting your time with that type of people. The simplest solution has always been “don’t play with those type of people”

SmirkDog.3160

… and then it would just look like you don’t have HoT and they would just yell about that

and if it just hides everything then they would just yell about the fact that it is hidden

You are just wasting your time with that type of people. The simplest solution has always been “don’t play with those type of people”

I don’t think “don’t play with those type of people” works when you’re just hangin’ in LA and someone starts giving you crap for not playing 24/7 and getting everything as soon as it’s available. Like, it’s not who you hang out with, and some things can’t be solved by avoiding certain people.

And I’m not saying to make it look like you don’t have HoT, I mean just hide the number. Again, it could just have the mastery symbol and —- after it or something.

I’d rather be yelled at for hiding my mastery level than get yelled at for only being at mastery level 50 almost a year after HoT came out. And maybe some people with the highest possible mastery level would want to hide it so people don’t think they’re jerks that do that sort of thing.

The key here is the option. Don’t make us stuck with one option.

Posted by: Nogothanc.5014

Nogothanc.5014

The problem is not the number. The problem is the mindset of those peoples that use the number to harass someone. And for that there is already an ingame option. You can simply right click their name in chat and block them.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I wish we could hide both AP and mastery points because they encourage elitist behavior.

Posted by: Izithel.6853

Izithel.6853

I don’t think “don’t play with those type of people” works when you’re just hangin’ in LA and someone starts giving you crap for not playing 24/7 and getting everything as soon as it’s available. Like, it’s not who you hang out with, and some things can’t be solved by avoiding certain people.

And you didn’t just right click this person in chat and select block, why?

Posted by: Onlysaneman.9612

Onlysaneman.9612

And I’m not saying to make it look like you don’t have HoT, I mean just hide the number. Again, it could just have the mastery symbol and —- after it or something.

I’d rather be yelled at for hiding my mastery level than get yelled at for only being at mastery level 50 almost a year after HoT came out. And maybe some people with the highest possible mastery level would want to hide it so people don’t think they’re jerks that do that sort of thing.

Block. Or report if they go far enough.

SmirkDog.3160

People keep saying “just block them” and for some reason blaming me for ever getting harassed, when I simply asked for the option? I just want to be able to not have it visible. I didn’t make this thread to cause an argument, I wanted to suggest a possible feature for players that want it.

I like that I don’t get yelled at by ‘pros’ for not having full ascended gear and stuff because they have no way of knowing what kind of gear I’m actually wearing, and I would like to also have that with my mastery level (and AP like Mea said).

Instead of having to block every jerk that feels like harassing me, why can’t there be a feature that prevents them from giving themselves a reason to harass me in the first place?

Posted by: TitaniumBovine.9674

TitaniumBovine.9674

I wish we could hide both AP and mastery points because they encourage elitist behavior.

I was gonna say the exact same thing

SmirkDog.3160

See there you go. I’m not the only one that would like this option.

Ayrilana.1396

People keep saying “just block them” and for some reason blaming me for ever getting harassed, when I simply asked for the option? I just want to be able to not have it visible. I didn’t make this thread to cause an argument, I wanted to suggest a possible feature for players that want it.

I like that I don’t get yelled at by ‘pros’ for not having full ascended gear and stuff because they have no way of knowing what kind of gear I’m actually wearing, and I would like to also have that with my mastery level (and AP like Mea said).

Instead of having to block every jerk that feels like harassing me, why can’t there be a feature that prevents them from giving themselves a reason to harass me in the first place?

Because quite often claims of people being harassed because of their gear are over-exaggerated. The same goes for AP and most definitely mastery points. Outside of this thread, I have never ever seen players discriminated based on their mastery points.

I’d prefer development resources be spent elsewhere. Players can already block players that harass them or just create their own LFG if they don’t meet the requirements of specific groups. Even if something like this was implemented, you’re not going to prevent players from harassing others over something arbitrarily.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

SmirkDog.3160

Because quite often claims of people being harassed because of their gear are over-exaggerated. The same goes for AP and most definitely mastery points. Outside of this thread, I have never ever seen players discriminated based on their mastery points.

I’d prefer development resources be spent elsewhere. Players can already block players that harass them or just create their own LFG if they don’t meet the requirements of specific groups. Even if something like this was implemented, you’re not going to prevent players from harassing others over something arbitrarily.

“I haven’t seen it so it doesn’t exist”, huh? And “claims of people being harrassed […] are over-exaggerated”? Very nice.

Also I seriously doubt it’ll take up all their precious development resources to add something like that. It’ll be no harder than allowing us to toggle viewing our own names.

It’s weird how angry people get about some people just wanting the choice to do something like this.

Ayrilana.1396

“I haven’t seen it so it doesn’t exist”, huh? And “claims of people being harrassed […] are over-exaggerated”? Very nice.

Also I seriously doubt it’ll take up all their precious development resources to add something like that. It’ll be no harder than allowing us to toggle viewing our own names.

It’s weird how angry people get about some people just wanting the choice to do something like this.

Just the claims that it’s a large, prevalent issue. Anet would be spending time giving options to hide each and every thing that a player could be harassed about when players can just block those that harass them. I see players harassing other in PvP when they’re losing but I choose to have a thicker skin and just report & block them. Problem solved. While adding something like that may seem simple to you, it may not be for Anet depending on how they have it currently coded.

Khisanth.2948

because giving “attention seeking” people attention is a bad idea.

also as I said above this never ends, at least not until you get to the point where you are just completely invisible to everyone

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Hiding it doesn’t protect you from elitists, it announces you to them. They will, “know that you have something to hide.”

People that require others to ping their gear, link to their build, whatever, are not going to be put off by an effort to hide your mastery level. If they are using mastery level to filter potential group members for a particular piece of content they will require that those seeking to join show their mastery level. Those who don’t will be kicked or not invited.

There are tools to deal with actual harassment already in game. If you want Anet to spend resources to develop something new you will probably need to show a pressing need affecting many players, demonstrate how the existing tools do not work for your particular concern, and so on. You haven’t really done any of those from what I have seen.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

I’ll start off by saying what everyone assumes, that I’m a casual player. I’ve played since launch (technically early access, is that what it’s called?), but I don’t play a lot, probably less than 2000 hours total. Intermittently, since I can’t play anything for long periods of time and tend to get burned out easily.

Anyway, the concept of mastery levels is cool, but having it be visible to everyone can cause problems. My reasoning for this is that similar concepts are in other MMO or online-only games. Like the item level (or ‘ilevel’) in Final Fantasy XIV, ‘light level’ in Destiny (maybe they changed it since I last played), etc. and it’s basically the ‘yeah we get that you’re the max level but show everyone how much you’ve actually played after that’ sort of thing. And people do get treated differently for it. Before mastery levels were added, it was nice that everyone at level 80 was basically the same, and they didn’t seem more level 80 than anyone else.

People are no doubt going to give me hate for this, but keep in mind that I just think there should be an option for people who want it. Just to change it so it has the little symbol then a ??? or — after or something. And before anyone make the comparison, hiding the mastery level is different from hiding the actual level.

I agree.

Just another thing that segregates and causes people to discriminate, like a number of other things they’ve added to the game.

But as people told me when I mentioned this sort of thing back before HoT – that won’t happen! GW2 is the friendliest MMO in the world!!!!

Yeah right.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

SmirkDog.3160

I agree.

Just another thing that segregates and causes people to discriminate, like a number of other things they’ve added to the game.

But as people told me when I mentioned this sort of thing back before HoT – that won’t happen! GW2 is the friendliest MMO in the world!!!!

Yeah right.

Yeah I haven’t experienced these friendly people everyone talks about. However, I was in the Black Citadel the other day by the home instance, and a new charr player came up and started talking to me. They were nice, but they were also new. That niceness gets beaten out of you by all the rude people and elitism.

People say just to block them, but I don’t think they understand how many people are really, really awful. I have only one chat tab with map chat in it, and I only check it when I think there might be something important (like about an event or something), and that’s because it’s extremely difficult to avoid seeing awful stuff from awful players. I check it to see if anyone’s organizing for Teq and I see stuff like “lmao you don’t have a legendary weapon yet are you autistic lol” and really racist/homophobic/transphobic/etc. things and I can block them all I want, but it doesn’t make me unexperience it.

Related, someone harassing me or others for our mastery level or AP can’t be undone just because I blocked them. I still feel crappy. I still lose my motivation to play for that session, etc.

Having the option means they don’t know. They can’t be certain. Since they have no proof, their insult or point is unfounded. Again, it’s like how I appreciate no one knowing how good my gear is, so if I die in a dungeon or event people won’t be like “omg you only have exotic gear? lol noob no wonder you died”. They don’t know, and that’s what I want.

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

Yeah I haven’t experienced these friendly people everyone talks about. However, I was in the Black Citadel the other day by the home instance, and a new charr player came up and started talking to me. They were nice, but they were also new. That niceness gets beaten out of you by all the rude people and elitism.

Only if you let it.

People say just to block them, but I don’t think they understand how many people are really, really awful.

And I don’t think you understand just little little people are actually that awful. I personally consider myself somewhat of a jerk, and I rarely have issues with people in game. In fact, it may be due to the fact I also don’t run my mouth 24/7 or complain when something bad happens. Even in fractals, which is rife with people like that for dailies, I rarely have this issue.

I have only one chat tab with map chat in it, and I only check it when I think there might be something important (like about an event or something), and that’s because it’s extremely difficult to avoid seeing awful stuff from awful players.

This is starting to show that the problem is with you more than anything. I have failed to see anything in this game that requires you have map chat muted most of the time. And it’s often you wont even see those people again, or even notice them in game. It’s your right to do so, but I don’t see why even waste the effort. You immediate just discount people as awful, when very little said in this game is that awful.

I check it to see if anyone’s organizing for Teq and I see stuff like “lmao you don’t have a legendary weapon yet are you autistic lol” and really racist/homophobic/transphobic/etc.

Nice way to out yourself as an SJW. Grow up. This game isn’t a safe space.

things and I can block them all I want, but it doesn’t make me unexperience it.

True but it’s no ones responsibility to make you unexperience things. Seek therapy if you are THAT unable to deal with discomfort.

Related, someone harassing me or others for our mastery level or AP can’t be undone just because I blocked them. I still feel crappy. I still lose my motivation to play for that session, etc.

This is a personal issue. Maybe you should be motivated to raise your mastery level if you are tired of it, but I very rarely experience this even in t4 fracs. I run with people with sub Lv50 masteries all the time, and no one says anything about it.

Having the option means they don’t know. They can’t be certain. Since they have no proof, their insult or point is unfounded. Again, it’s like how I appreciate no one knowing how good my gear is, so if I die in a dungeon or event people won’t be like “omg you only have exotic gear? lol noob no wonder you died”. They don’t know, and that’s what I want.

You have some issues, and I suggest you seek therapy. Exotic gear is the minimum standard, for everything in this game. It’s widely agreed upon that unless you are raiding or in fractals ascended is extreme over kill.

Has anyone even said this to you? Because I do about 9 dungeon paths a day and have never heard this, or anything like it. The closest that it’s even gotten is about sub 80 toons, in which there is a viable reason not to run paths with them.

@OP: If this solution is easy to code, then I see no issue with it. But then I ask you the question, what does it change? Nothing.

It will just let us know who the subpar, or scared players are. And I can tell you that in a raid group, if you hid your mastery point’s, and continued to do so after asked to reveal them, I’d kick you. If you were in my fractal squad and you died from AR, and your masteries were hid, I’d kick you. If you died a lot during a dungeon run and weren’t pulling your weight, and refused to communicate with the party, I’d kick you.

Notice most of the things I have said had nothing to do with your actual points, and more with the fact you feel you have to hide them in the first place. If you are pulling your weight, most people won’t have anything to say regardless. It’s selfish.

I honestly think this would be a waste of time, and you should get over yourself.

(edited by FrostDraco.8306)

SmirkDog.3160

Lmao @ FrostDraco calling me an “SJW”. Not even gonna bother with that one. Clearly that’s how things stop happening according to most experts, so lets see if they stop replying after I ignore them.

So any devs have input on this? Also, a more detailed option: Let us switch that spot back to our regular level, so it says ‘80’ instead of ‘(x)57’ or whatever. Can’t type the symbol, obviously.

Posted by: Weerus.3701

Weerus.3701

Sure at first glance that would solve the problem….for ppl that get easily offended, and I can’t stand ppl like that. You have the power to create party for whatever content you like yourself.

With that being said, I always took everyone to any content even T4 fracs with below recommended AR and carried them if needed. Ppl are all different, so expect to be treated differently.

SmirkDog.3160

Sure at first glance that would solve the problem….for ppl that get easily offended, and I can’t stand ppl like that. You have the power to create party for whatever content you like yourself.

With that being said, I always took everyone to any content even T4 fracs with below recommended AR and carried them if needed. Ppl are all different, so expect to be treated differently.

But again, I want the option to do so. As in, let people do with it what they want, if they want. Leave the consequences up to them. Why deny someone something that may make their experience better when it doesn’t even hurt anyone else.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

No, I am for full transparency, I even would love to see other people’s gear like inspect in WoW.

On the other hand, I am not into AP or mastery level, if I do easy content like dungeons. That said my experience is that people with ultra low AP tend to be kittenty in dungeons but you can keep up in a dungeon if it’s only 1 or 2 of those.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

SmirkDog.3160

No, I am for full transparency, I even would love to see other people’s gear like inspect in WoW.

Well then let that be an option too. Let people choose if they want their gear, AP, mastery level, world completion symbol-thing, etc. to be visible or not. Lots of things in games and on the internet have privacy settings you can toggle, like if you want your full name to be visible, or your birthday, things like that. It’s a thing that people have already experienced, and should have the option to toggle those things.

I would just really like my level number back instead. My mastery level says nothing about how I play, and I hardly ever level them because I never seem to have enough mastery points for Central Tyria stuff and don’t really like playing in the new maps usually in order to level the Maguuma ones. Let me choose whether I want to be represented by that, like a title.

ProtoGunner.4953

Yes sure, should be optional. Everyone should decide whether s/he wants to show or hide the gears and achievements.

‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

ppl like you need to understand that there will allways be toxic ppl,it rly doesnt matter what they will be toxic about,they will find way to talk you down. just learn to ignore them. also its nice to have some +- idea how is player familiar with the game.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

^ This guy gets it. It’s a big-picture thing. The people who do this are just trying to assert their own sorry sense of superiority. It won’t change as long as there are ways to measure. Simply hiding those measurements will only move the goal-posts, but they won’t stop.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Mastery rank is less important to me than level, it’s just another way of saying my X is bigger than your Y. No point in displaying it at all.

Posted by: boomersooner.4612

boomersooner.4612

i don’t judge anyone by there mastery lvl and i am 170 mastery lvl dont mean nothing

SmirkDog.3160

Clearly some of you missed the rest of the conversation with ProtoGunner. It progressed to being able to show or hide a number of things, such as gear (as in having your stats available to be viewed by others), AP, mastery level, etc.

It comes down to what each person would be comfortable with showing, if it were implemented.

Ayrilana.1396

Clearly some of you missed the rest of the conversation with ProtoGunner. It progressed to being able to show or hide a number of things, such as gear (as in having your stats available to be viewed by others), AP, mastery level, etc.

It comes down to what each person would be comfortable with showing, if it were implemented.

Except it won’t do anything. Those that are going to harass others over something arbitrarily are going to do so whether or not they can see your stats. They’ll even judge you based on not being able to see them.

This is also not taking into consideration the amount of programming that will likely be involved. If Anet can’t simply make the cutscene in Moltan boss fractal skipped easily, what makes you think they can go into the interface code and modify it so that certain items can be skippable easily? Is that really something that would benefit the player population rather than just a handful of players?

SmirkDog.3160

Except it won’t do anything. Those that are going to harass others over something arbitrarily are going to do so whether or not they can see your stats. They’ll even judge you based on not being able to see them.

This is also not taking into consideration the amount of programming that will likely be involved. If Anet can’t simply make the cutscene in Moltan boss fractal skipped easily, what makes you think they can go into the interface code and modify it so that certain items can be skippable easily? Is that really something that would benefit the player population rather than just a handful of players?

Why are you aggressively against people having the right to choose what things about their character they want to make public?

Posted by: Izithel.6853

Izithel.6853

Why are you aggressively against people having the right to choose what things about their character they want to make public?

Why are you too dense to realize that the development time would be wasted with nothing to show for it?
Those people who will pester you about AP/Mastery/Gear will still do so anyway, maybe even more so if you hide it.

Not to mention, again, that anyone who does pester you about it can simply be blocked.
If you refuse to do so I am only left to wonder why you willingly keep exposing yourself to ‘awe-full’ people.

but I don’t think they understand how many people are really, really awful

You know what they say, if you meet one kitten -hole a day, that person is probably an kitten -hole, if you meet many kitten -holes a day, you’re probably the kitten -hole.

Either way, let me say again:

BLOCK PEOPLE WHO ARE ANNOYING YOU, IT TAKES NO EFFORT

“lmao you don’t have a legendary weapon yet are you autistic lol”

I don’t believe you didn’t make that up.
This got a ‘that happened’ vibe, all that is missing is some imaginary witty smackdown, people suddenly bursting in applause and then Einstein giving someone $100%

and really racist/homophobic/transphobic/etc. things and I can block them all I want, but it doesn’t make me unexperience it.

I wouldn’t call you an SJW, but I wouldn’t be surprised if you had a Tumblr blog, either way, if you can’t mentally handle these kind of things, go find therapist, seriously.

(edited by Izithel.6853)

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

“the only people who hide stuff have something to hide”
- hidden man

In any case, AP and Mastery Level tells you less than absolutely nothing about anyone. If you are kicked from a party based on AP or ML, then assume the latter is so stupid you never wanted to be in a party with them, anyway

Ayrilana.1396

Because it won’t have the effect that you’re hoping but take up developer resources towards something the entire population, rather than a handful of players, would enjoy. If Anet could snap their fingers and the option would magically appear, then I’d have nothing against it. If there are players harassing others then they can report them and/or block them. It’s as simple as that.

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

I’ve never had anyone yell at me while hanging around LA or anywhere else. I’ve never had anyone yell at me for my mastery level or in general. I don’t know where these people are but it can’t be hard to avoid them if I’m doing it without even trying.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

- hidden man

In any case, AP and Mastery Level tells you less than absolutely nothing about anyone. If you are kicked from a party based on AP or ML, then assume the latter is so stupid you never wanted to be in a party with them, anyway

Pretty much this. If someone is judging a player based on this, they don’t really understand the game themselves and will prolly hold you back.

Posted by: keenedge.9675

keenedge.9675

Ditto.

I think the berating would happen in face of joining Raids, Fractals or other higher difficulty groups. In town, I don’t hear much.

Without a damage meter or inspection technique, sadly people use whatever IS visible to shun seeming inferiors.

Finding a GOOD guild helps there. I have anxiety in the face of these issues. My guild is very laid back, even in challenging settings.

“John Spartan, you are fined one credit for a violation of the verbal morality statute”

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Mastery rank does not necessarily mean the player talking down to or taunting someone is better than them.

Take wvw for example, your rank has been shown for years, yet I’ve seen countless plain recruits beat up on Golds and even Platinums. I’ve done it myself and it felt awesome, rank really means nothing in the grand scheme of things, unless you’ve proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you dont have the skill to move up in mastery or you believe them when they say they’re better because they have more time on their hands. But, if someone is judging you, solely based on their own rank, well, that says more about them than you.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

It should not be hidden. If I want to group up with someone I want to know whether or not they’re new or not.
Whether they know the content or not.
Whether they’ve played through it a lot or not.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

SmirkDog.3160

Well we can all agree to disagree. I still want a dev’s opinion, or the opinion of someone who actually has any control over it. I still want the option.

It’s funny though, that half of you say Mastery and AP don’t matter, while the other half insist that it does. So what’s the truth?

Ditto.

I think the berating would happen in face of joining Raids, Fractals or other higher difficulty groups. In town, I don’t hear much.

Without a damage meter or inspection technique, sadly people use whatever IS visible to shun seeming inferiors.

Finding a GOOD guild helps there. I have anxiety in the face of these issues. My guild is very laid back, even in challenging settings.

Also this.

ProtoGunner.4953

- hidden man

Pretty much this. If someone is judging a player based on this, they don’t really understand the game themselves and will prolly hold you back.

Wrong, low AP usually reflects bad playing. But it isn’t a must. I don’t care about AP but usually if people have low AP they are significantly worse in dungeon runs than ppl with a couple of thousand AP.

‘would of been’ —> wrong

SmirkDog.3160

Wrong, low AP usually reflects bad playing. But it isn’t a must. I don’t care about AP but usually if people have low AP they are significantly worse in dungeon runs than ppl with a couple of thousand AP.

Define ‘low’. Also I don’t think you can say AP means someone’s probably bad but then say you don’t care. If you didn’t care you wouldn’t have said any of that in the first place.

Ayrilana.1396

Define ‘low’. Also I don’t think you can say AP means someone’s probably bad but then say you don’t care. If you didn’t care you wouldn’t have said any of that in the first place.

It’s similar to “years of experience” towards a job position. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the person is actually skilled at their job but it does increase the chances that you will get someone that has a general idea about what they’re doing.

Posted by: Xyvol.1265

Xyvol.1265

In my opinion, it doesn’t matter if a disable option is implemented or not. The people talking down to you are jerks and bullies, and they will continue to be so regardless. Hide mastery level, they will use something else. Maybe not having a Legendary or whatever new armor piece came out yesterday. Whenever they say something judgmental and stupid, ignore, block, or have your character point and laugh at them.

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

Before this new map I see a sea of 162s.