Can we get Guild Hall updrafts back on?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Pensadora.9478

Pensadora.9478

Q:

This is what the updrafts were like while we worked in Lost Precipice to claim our guild hall. Permanently on. Able to glide from one to another. No requirement to interact to make them work. BUT….once we claimed it, the updrafts turned off. Why????

We chose the Lost Precipice (almost ONE year ago) because of the gliding and yet we don’t have updrafts that support that gliding. It was obvious that they were needed because they were permanently on during the entire time we worked to claim the guild hall. Being permanently on allows us to glide continuously from location to location, from level to next level. Why are they OFF? Why do they require an interact? We know the code exists because we experienced it. So, why after one full year, are they STILL off?

Please turn the updrafts back on as many of us requested almost ONE FULL YEAR ago.

Thanking you in advance of the one year anniversary of our guild hall .

Attachments:

GM of [MAS] – Might and Smarts – WvW
http://www.mas4eva.enjin.com/

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

This has been an ongoing question for LP guilds. Speculation has ranged from tin foil — the guild hall devs favored GH as seen in their comments on live streams, so they made LP less fun — to technical — the updrafts cause performance hits if too many players are in the instance.

I asked in the QoL sticky and in other threads to have them turned on or at least to get a dev explanation of why they can’t be. I have not yet seen any dev comments. If it was ever said on Reddit, hopefully a reddit expert can ferret out the answer.

Pensadora.9478

bumpity bump… and still hoping for a reply

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The only time the devs even addressed that topic, they seemed to have no clear idea why those were turned off., so I’m still going with “we liked GH more, so we nerfed the best feature of LP to make it worse” explanation.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

I run around LP a lot, and I struggle to think of where the old updrafts would help me any more than gliding already does. If I want to move vertically from A to B, the vast majority of the time there’s either a launch pad and updraft already there, or my goal is to glide down.

When you’re taking over the guild hall, you had to run onto the launch pads to get up to the drafts. It’s the exact same process in the normal guild hall, sans visual clutter.

Which points are you traveling to and from where you’d like to see constant updrafts?

G R E E N E R

Astralporing.1957

I run around LP a lot, and I struggle to think of where the old updrafts would help me any more than gliding already does. If I want to move vertically from A to B, the vast majority of the time there’s either a launch pad and updraft already there, or my goal is to glide down.

When you’re taking over the guild hall, you had to run onto the launch pads to get up to the drafts. It’s the exact same process in the normal guild hall, sans visual clutter.

Which points are you traveling to and from where you’d like to see constant updrafts?

originally, it was possible to practically traverse the whole map using updrafts, as all of them were on, not just the one from the launch pad. And sometimes you used them when gliding down, to extend the range.

Seriously, now if i want to use an updraft to glide somewhere, i often need to glide down, activate the jump pad, and glide up. And keep repeating that for every updraft on the way.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

originally, it was possible to practically traverse the whole map using updrafts, as all of them were on, not just the one from the launch pad. And sometimes you used them when gliding down, to extend the range.

Seriously, now if i want to use an updraft to glide somewhere, i often need to glide down, activate the jump pad, and glide up. And keep repeating that for every updraft on the way.

That doesn’t answer my question, nor help me to picture the problem that you’re facing, nor help in the development of a solution.

I did a tour of the hall again, and any point where I felt, “I would like an updraft” I found I still would need a launch pad to reach one, whether they were always on or not. Which paths are you running? What gliding mastery do you have? Details help.

G R E E N E R

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

I think its because some of the hall’s upgrade parts. i mean parts you can’t reach until your guild hall is a certain level and you make that expand the guild hall upgrade. Were reachable with the updrafts. In fact it was way to easy to get to those “locked off” areas. (still is, if you make a lil jp to it.)
So to combat this un-intended thing they made it you need to turn on the updrafts. Which means you can only go so far even with leyline gliding.
Of course now we can build our own towers and get anywhere unless its deliberately blocked off. So now its no longer a thing.
Meanwhile A-net is more busy working on LS3 and the next expansion to even think on guild halls beyond the “needs more decoration options” thing.

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

Posted by: fourhim.3584

fourhim.3584

Just make it so that once a Guild Hall has all the upgrades, they can select to turn these on permanently. Problem solved.

Astralporing.1957

Just make it so that once a Guild Hall has all the upgrades, they can select to turn these on permanently. Problem solved.

Or just make it unlock by buying the area expansion upgrade.

Actions, not words.

Pensadora.9478

We would like to get our plans for the MAS Annual Air Race and Jumping Puzzle Challenge off the ground. Please turn our updrafts on permanently. Impossible to have an Air Race when there is no air. Thanking you in advance!!

Pensadora.9478

BREAKING NEWS:

Plans for the First Ever MAS Annual Air Race of 2016 may once again need to be suspended as a hoped for fix to the updrafts in the GLIDING guild hall (Lost Precipice) has yet to be announced by ANet. Stay tuned, as this event will likely need to be rescheduled into 2017. This will be the second cancellation of this much anticipated event, following the cancellation of the First Ever MAS Annual Air Race of 2015.

Fans will once again have to be satisfied with merely imagining how amazing and fun the Lost Precipice guild hall would be with constantly ON air updrafts.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Pensadora.9478

2017 and hoping that with the next expansion will come permanent updrafts in guild hall.

Or… just turn them on now?

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I support having the updrafts turn on when you unlock further exploration in LP.

Astralporing.1957

I support having the updrafts turn on when you unlock further exploration in LP.

Good idea.
Too bad the devs don’t care.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I still like to voice support for things that I think would make the game better. We know that they read at least some threads in the forums, and I like to believe that if enough people show support for something they will at least consider it.

Pensadora.9478

Popping in to remind ANet that our updrafts in guild hall are still turned off. Flip the switch please. People would like to glide in guildhall without needing to land to turn on the updrafts. Just do it!