Can we get some high level feedback?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

This is an earnest post, I’m hoping we can get some high level feedback on some of the things that many players have real issues with. I don’t want to turn this into a heated debate I’m just trying to encourage some feedback from Anet on what they think regarding some of these points and if they have plans to work towards fixing them. I’ve linked some very popular and relevant Reddit threads to outline the subjects;

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3vttbg/discussion_trying_to_pinpoint_why_im_and_maybe/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3vrvvg/raids_highlight_the_insane_cost_and_inflexibility/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3vfeu3/letter_of_introduction_and_lets_talk_about/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3v3hzc/anet_you_need_to_be_better_than_this_to_your/

I could go on but these touch in one way or another on a good chunk of the issues. I’ve laid out a short list of my own below;

- not enough mastery points available in content that interests me
- everything in HoT is tied to a dynamic event and group oriented, no hearts
- meta events timers are way too long
- maps are not populated enough to complete the larger events
- every item to craft is incredibly expensive and time consuming
- too much focus on the gem store not enough on in game weapons and armor
- monetization is way too prominent and many items are priced too high or bundled
- leaving a map destroys all your work and progression
- guild items are incredibly costly
- very little encouragement to participate in content you enjoy due to DR

My hope is that we get some kind of statement acknowledging the concerns and some feedback on changes they might have in mind going forward.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

One of my biggest problem is the amount of rewards (skins) in relation to the easy to get and the oney who are locked behind specific areas, RNG, time investment in combination with doing the same _ limited_ content.

We are forced into the new areas to get the new stuff.
Some of it has steps that requires us to go back to core Tyria, however to reap the whole benefits you need to participate repeadedly in HoT content, which isn`t balanced properly to keep being excited over a long time.

Many of the HoT specific rewards would be more interesting if they were accessable outside of HoT, like the new champion weapons.

However, overall there just isn`t enough new stuff and it is only available by doing these big time consuming contents over and over.
While the two armor sets are easy to get, the weapon skins are a nightmare and even required to complete your spezialisation colletions.

I am not talking about it is too hard , I am talking about that the amount is not enough to feel satisfying for the provided content.
Aside from the 7 weapon sets (from which 2 are just upgraded versions of older) and aprox 4 new armor sets, there are only 1-2 champion weapons, per weapon type.
These are only obtainable if you fight in the HoT areas and get specific bags there.

The rewards are very specific to HoT areas and subsequently not enticing for everyone who wants to play the rest of the game and doesn`t want to farm HoT.

I have seen the jungle. It is a great area. However the time investment to get anything done there is driving me to other game areas.
I have no interest going into the jungle at the moment.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think these are all separate topics and need to be in separate threads. I mean, what you’re saying really is can we get some feedback on why basically everything is as it is. It’s hard to address this all in one thread, which would become quite mixed, than having sepsrate threads.

I’m not sure you’ll get an answer either way but putting too many topics in one thread, in my opinion, is less likely to get an answer, particularly linking four different threads from reddit.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

You are likely correct but my intention was just to get some discussion started with Anet, frankly they could pick any of these issues and it would be welcomed. I truly believe that the future of the game’s health is at stake right now and some of these major areas of concern should be addressed by management to at least give people the confidence that they acknowledged some things seriously missed their mark.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

One of my biggest problem is the amount of rewards (skins) in relation to the easy to get and the oney who are locked behind specific areas, RNG, time investment in combination with doing the same _ limited_ content.

Some of it has steps that requires us to go back to core Tyria, however to reap the whole benefits you need to participate repeadedly in HoT content, which isn`t balanced properly to keep being excited over a long time.

Many of the HoT specific rewards would be more interesting if they were accessable outside of HoT, like the new champion weapons.

However, overall there just isn`t enough new stuff and it is only available by doing these big time consuming contents over and over.
While the two armor sets are easy to get, the weapon skins are a nightmare and even required to complete your spezialisation colletions.

I am not talking about it is too hard , I am talking about that the amount is not enough to feel satisfying for the provided content.
Aside from the 7 weapon sets (from which 2 are just upgraded versions of older) and aprox 4 new armor sets, there are only 1-2 champion weapons, per weapon type.
These are only obtainable if you fight in the HoT areas and get specific bags there.

The rewards are very specific to HoT areas and subsequently not enticing for everyone who wants to play the rest of the game and doesn`t want to farm HoT.

I have seen the jungle. It is a great area. However the time investment to get anything done there is driving me to other game areas.

While there are valid points in a lot of the gripes many people have about HoT. This one sounds a bit ridiculous to me. You are saying that you like the rewards for the new content, but you want to get them by doing old content? That doesn’t make any sense.

Now if you were to say that you wished they added more rewards and newer skins, weapons, whatever to the core Tyria, that I can understand. That way there are things to be gained from either place.

Back to OP though. I am on Reddit a lot too, and have seen those posts as well. It would be nice if there was some type okittennowledgment of some issues and a very basic statement about what might be done to rectify, or if they are just going to leave as is. But I won’t hold my breath.

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

On the whole, I think it’s rather ludicrous that the only developer posts made in the recent months seem to be in reddit, and not in the official forums. I repeat, the OFFICIAL forums. There are legitimate complaints, and there’s no one even saying ’we’re looking into it’. That’s bad.

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

Tbh,i am really surprised when i see lots of people in lfg,doing meta events in new maps.I guess they don’t do it for reward,but because its new.

When comes to rewards,you can do 3 SW in one hour,if you are lucky.If not,you can do 2 from 1% .You get 25 gold per hour,if you open bags on low level for t4 materials.

By doing any meta event,in new maps,you can get 3 gold by doing full events.I heard so,only map i tested is AB,and i got 2.27 gold for doing meta.

So by Arena Net’s logic,i should chose maps where i cant earn even 30 gold a day,over map where i can earn 150 gold in one day?And before anyone tries to defend A Net,its not about gold,actually it is.Everything has become locked behind grind.

There’s no option fun or grind anymore.Its only grind,and by the time,you get 5 k gold for some item,you get bored of game.

Just because Anet Decide to make something “new” on the market,and remove endgame rewards,we got f. up.

As far as i understand in MMO’s longer you play,better rewards you have.That’s what’s keeps real companies like Blizzard running.

Is point of game,sitting in farming zone,24/7 just to be able to farm gold,to gear up?

Every game has unique rewards,depending on what you doing in game.

Play pvp,you can buy gear,depends on your rating.

Play battleground pvp (world vs world) you can have awesome titles and gear,depending on your status.

Play dungeons,have cool looking items.Longer you play,better items you have.

Play raid,you have awesome items.Longer you play,better items you have.

Everything i said above,has its own goal.

Guild wars pvp no point.No difference between me,who plays arena 2 years(this is just an example) and someone who just started.Only thing,separates us is rabbit and avenger title.Seriously?

Playing World VS World no point.There’s absolutely difference between me who plays that kind of the game 2 years,and someone who just created account.

Playing dungeons.There’s no difference between me,who plays them for 2 years,and someone who just got level 80.He can buy all items in 5 days.

What is goal in GW2?Exploring?I think id be better off if i took backpack full of food,and actually go to some irl exploration.

What keeps players playing this game?Other games,have actual goals to achieve,while this one,has nothing besides 60 useless titles,and 60.000 achievement points.

When they mention different reward system,years ago,in their first video about GW2,they didn’t say,whatever you do,you will get 200 useless karma points,and 30 copper for all events you do.Level 2 event or level 80 event,same reward,only different thing is level of the item you got(if you get any at all)

They wrapped nicely : “no rewards whatever you do” and sold us as its cool not to get reward for our hard work…

Before fan boys start with flaming,leave,and go play other game is not way how things are done.In order to keep your players,you need to listen to them,and to do some things differently.

Arena Net depends and rely on us to open wallets and to ask how much do you want?In order to do that,they need to make game 0 rewarding,to force us to spend money for gems.I know a 2players,casuals,with no more than 2-3 hours to play daily,they spend every month,30-50 euros on gems,because they do not have time to farm gold.Forcing us to buy gems for money is whole points.I do not know how someone can believe to them,when they say we made game for you,and we doing everything for you.

Yes sure

(edited by Werdx.2059)

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

If players could choose to play the classic Tyria maps in level 80 mode or even herioc mode with HoT masteries, e. g. glider, usable/progressable, how many players would actually spend their in-game time in the jungle?

Anet, are you brave enough to make this a poll?

Assume for a moment that the main reason for buying the expansion might be to just play Reaper. A lot of money for just an additional trait line and a weapon which are gated behind content that one might not enjoy.

It seems Anet has trashed their MMO manifesto.
We have been told that the players are the most important and that they should be able to play however they like, but the truth is:

If you want to play Reaper, eat the jungle!

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

While there are valid points in a lot of the gripes many people have about HoT. This one sounds a bit ridiculous to me. You are saying that you like the rewards for the new content, but you want to get them by doing old content? That doesn’t make any sense.

Now if you were to say that you wished they added more rewards and newer skins, weapons, whatever to the core Tyria, that I can understand. That way there are things to be gained from either place.

Back to OP though. I am on Reddit a lot too, and have seen those posts as well. It would be nice if there was some type okittennowledgment of some issues and a very basic statement about what might be done to rectify, or if they are just going to leave as is. But I won’t hold my breath.

Nah, I am more about the fact that they have only a small amount of new stuff, that is confined into the HoT maps.
Everything is tied deeply into the new content.

They designed everything around HoT and forgot about the rest.

The few skins (and even less interesting ones for me), don`t get me grinding these events over and over and don`t really feeling rewarded.

it is basicly a clusterkitten of lots of different things that play together here

Posted by: Cyrotek.7019

Cyrotek.7019

@OP: I aggree on everything but the hearts. I hate those stupid, annoying and boring hearth quests. Please never put them in again.

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

@OP: I aggree on everything but the hearts. I hate those stupid, annoying and boring hearth quests. Please never put them in again.

SO you prefer zones where the only way to get XP is endless repeating the same metas, and then relying on enough people to get them done?

Hearts means I don’t have to reply on others wanting to do exactly the same content as me in order for me to progress .. that kind of content should have been left in the 1990s.

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Agree, it’s the one thing that I hate the most in that game.