Can we just skip this stage ANET?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Rikimaru.7890

Rikimaru.7890

You say you don’t want the elite specializations to take over, you forgot to add “yet” there haven’t you?
OK I’m speculating a bit now but more or less something like this will happen when there are 2 or 3 specializations to choose from.
For now we have to sacrifice a core trait for an elite, but once there are more hardly anyone will choose a core as their 3rd trait. So at that point you will say you are improving the game mechanics again blah blah blah and you will separate the core traits from the elites. And we will be able to choose 3 core again + 1 elite. That alone will make the elites more powerful but you will probably also improve them too.
I mean what makes them “elite” if they are not suppose to make our characters more powerful? They are for aesthetics only?

Ok so just cut the crap with the little white lies and just do it already, don’t wait 3 years or so. Yeah people will be outraged again, but why would you care after what you pulled already with HoT price and the fact veteran players will be paying again for the game they already own? If this was able to sink in then any other lie will too.
And if there are any people here who do believe ANET on this one then keep it to yourself. In fact I cannot believe that there are actually people who believe anything ANET says at this point. How stupid can you be when we were lied to multiple times already – at this point it’s easy to say we cannot trust any of their words.

So were was I? A yeah elite specs. So what about things like PvP? Well there will probably be something like an “arena of tradition” where only core traits will be allowed for those who don’t have access to them. But what about pve? Um old content can be done without them (probably the new will be too) and you won’t get new content without the elites as they come as a set.

So yeah can we just skip this stage please? I know this or something similar will happen sooner or later so just make it sooner.
Besides many players (most notably necromancers) were hoping these new specializations will allow them to become more powerful. So I think a lot of people will forgive you that lie and perhaps even the one with HoT price too. As a lot of players will now say they do get their money’s worth for it.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You do realize that you can only slot one elite at a time, right? You will always have to have two cores with any one elite. ANet intends that the elites change up a profession without making it more powerful — they may have to work on the balance over time to make that closer to a reality, but so far the reason to take an elite is “oh shiny new!” rather than “no one without an elite can beat me.”

But as you believe ANet is full of cheating liars, and don’t understand that we are not paying again for the core game, you will probably continue to view anything ANet does in the most negative light possible. Have fun in your dark view of the world.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I hate no idea of what you are trying to say. Maybe collect your thoughts before putting it on the forum?

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Can someone remove the 25 Stacks of Confusion I got after reading OP’s Post.

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I got it right here [Consume Conditions]

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Once we have many Elite Specs you will only be allowed to use 1 of them at a time, meaning you will always slot at least 2 Core Specs.

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

LOL! At least you only got 25 stacks of confusion. I got that, plus 20 stacks of bewilderment after reading the initial post in this thread.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

I fail to see how the $50 box is a controversy… This is a B2P game… their main source of income is box sales… Why do you think tangible content updates are so few and far between?

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

One thing I was speculating early on before the specialization system was fully explained, was for there to be a “core” elite spec.

Basically, for each class’s old 5th trait-line to only be usable to the exclusion of elite specs, that being the traitline tied to the core class mechanic. So, to take mesmers for instance, the “core elite” would be the line that strengthens illusions and shatters in general, which would then be un-usable for chronomancers, so branching off into time manipulation therefore locks you out of being fully specialized in illusion casting.

Something like that where the vanilla class is actually it’s own elite spec would probably be the only way to balance out the system if it got the the point where elites are ‘required.’

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

I stopped reading as soon as I realized his premise is flawed thus invalidating whatever argument he ismaking.

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

Someone seems angsty. This isn’t good for your blood pressure. : (

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

What?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

LOL! At least you only got 25 stacks of confusion. I got that, plus 20 stacks of bewilderment after reading the initial post in this thread.

I’m stunned without any stability skills equipped. Send help.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Yes let’s just skip this stage we’re in called game development and polishing and release a broken game.

Elite specs are inherently pigeonholed by making you fill up a trait slother mandatory. They won’t take over because they can be as diverse as the base classes.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

All I can say after reading the OP: “it’s the weekend”

Posted by: Tregarde.6031

Tregarde.6031

Speaking only for myself, but I can already tell there is at least one Specialization that I shall not pick – the Tempest. All of the skills/abilities in it are close range. My elementalist uses a staff, likes to keep a distance from the enemy. Tempestry doesn’t suit that play-style.

Part of the reason for the Betas is to balance the Specializations. Check the various threads on them, not everyone likes every Specialization. Not everyone is going to use them.

I welcome them because they give me more options. The ones I like I’ll use. The ones I don’t, I won’t use.

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

I’m definitately going to stick with my staff ele. I doubt I’ll be playing all the elites. Maybe just a couple from what I’ve seen so far. This could change easily based on upcoming changes and BWE testing.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Try Blinking.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I fail to see how the $50 box is a controversy… This is a B2P game… their main source of income is box sales… Why do you think tangible content updates are so few and far between?

Not really, their main source of income is in the Wing sales.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Try Blinking.

That doesn’t help the people staring with wide-eyed befuddlement. They can’t Blink!

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

2 or 3 elite specializations to choose from: that’ll be 3 and 6 years from now. I don’t think it’s something to worry about.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Their main source of income would be the Gem Store actually.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The OP suggests that no one is going to use three core specializations, which is an incorrect assumption. I definitely plan to play the elite specs, primarily because they are new. So far, I wouldn’t say that they are so much better that I will continue to do that after the shininess wears off.

Ergo, no, we can’t “skip this stage” because there is not a “stage” to skip.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Elite specialization is GW2’s take on secondary classes or advanced job classes found in other games. For example, in Ragnarok Online, you can choose to advance the swordsman class to a knight or crusader class. A much better example is Guild Wars 1. In GW1, you can have a secondary job class (with some limitations), so you can have warrior with monk skills, a wammo (W/Mo). What does this all mean? In the end, what this offers is variety. Elite specialization/secondary classes/advanced job classes open up “roles” to a class or even augments a role of the class. The problem is when the population start pinning down a class to a certain role, so either that elite specialization becomes the norm or becomes useless. Looking at the past skill, trait and stat system of GW2, I believe anet was trying to do the opposite, not to pin down roles on classes, ie. any class can be a nuker or a tanker. I’m bothered now that GW2 is losing that ideal, and I blame that kittening pvp amulet that dictates all of the stats of the character as one of the culprit. Plus all this “meta” bs, and it’s being sponsored by anet nonetheless (by showcasing metas in twitch casts wow, just wow). How about do something creative in your PvP twitch cast next time? Anet devs are afraid to be laughed at by meta heads and sheeple that worship the meta religion, when anet devs are the ones who made this game holy kitten.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

OP, you’re crazy. Simply crazy.

Here, this will help. http://www.calm.com/

Posted by: Jasper Defthand.3018

Jasper Defthand.3018

I agree with much of what the previous poster said.