Can we kill Trahearne already?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I like Trahearne, so no, you don’t speak on my behalf.

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

eh, trehearne was okay if you played a sylvari, as his presence later on made sense and could also be looked on as a sort of brotherly companionship. he should have been introduced to the other race PS’s just as early i think.

although shooting at random trees and performing a hail mary on mordremoth so early in the game was a completely stupid move tactically. He knew Zhaitan from the tip of his tail to the edge of each fang so he was prepared, but he had been so used to Zhaitans methods that he tried to use similar tactics and mordremoth is a completely different and unknown beast. he should have relied more on the observations of mordremoth’s ‘trehearne’, the commander. or at least scouted ahead of the path before flying in.

i think at least he should step down from trying to be a field commander and leave that to the expert in that field – THE commander. he’s better with a pen anyway.

Well that rushed attack was 90% Caithes fault, anyway. If she had just opened her kitten mouth and told them “Hey, we Sylvari might go batkitten-crazy so close to Mordremoth!”, it wouldn’t have happened. And remember, the PC also made no effort to try and delay the attack, in fact we gathered the races to get a large enough attack force ASAP.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

No. he is a plot device to keep us in our place

If they remove him they’d just replace him with someone worse or strip us from all leadership roles completely. If we took his spot they’d have to make a decision based system but since that would be to complicated in a game without world phasing.
(The forces of Orr are attacking help me!!! Waz dat I’m surrounded by something called mord minions and I’m stuck in an era before the defeat of zhatian because there is no phasing? Poppykitten the Zombies… The ZOMBIES)

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

For happy ending necro spec should summon spirit with face of treaherne or at least with his voice screaming: that didn’t end well.

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

I really don’t get the hate for Caithe though?

It’s mostly because she makes horrible, HORRIBLE choices, and she’s constantly forgiven for it. The game makes us forgive her, too. We don’t get a choice in the matter.

In the sylvari personal story, there’s also a couple of points (depending on the path you take) where you’re going to leave someone alive, and she jumps in and kills them rather than let them return to the Nightmare Court. No mercy at all.

While I’ve not read the book that covers it, I believe she also was the one that gathered Destiny’s Edge and set them off to KILL Glint. Glint herself had to convince them to side with her against the real threat.

She took part in the slaughter of a tribe of centaurs that were just protecting another sylvari. And then, to protect a secret, she killed that sylvari rather than the one that was intending to torture the secret out of her. Kill the innocent, spare the guilty.

And now? She kept that secret from everyone, even Trahearne, who NEEDED to know it. Hundreds are dead, and the Pact is in ruins. And of the Pact sylvari, the dead may be the lucky ones. Caithe, meanwhile, has stolen the one object that might save us and run off with it. Even the Pale Tree is upset over this, and if we hadn’t been off chasing after Caithe to get the egg back, we could have been at Trahearne’s side to give advice during the assault.

A lot of us fear that the game will once again force us to forgive Caithe, and we don’t want to. Had she been honest with us and Trahearne, the Pact would be intact, the sylvari would’t be seen as pre-corrupted traitors, and we’d be well on our way to dealing with Mordremoth. Forget Scarlet, Caithe is his most loyal agent.

Thank you. As a non-english speaker, I had an hard time summing up why I couldn’t stand Caithe.
I really hope we won’t forgive her, or that she’ll get some payback for all the things she did wrong. There’s no reason at all why she’d hide the secret about Mordremoth and the Sylvari from Trahearne and the PC, who were about to fight said Dragon with thousands of other soldiers. Without her little secrets, the attack plans could have been changed. She spyed and used us because she’s not trusting us enough, and look at what she has done.
I don’t want to forgive her, even if it’s for “omg secret good reasons totally I couldn’t tell you guys yadda yadda greater good”.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Nobody likes Trahearne. He’s annoying. He steals our thunder, and our rightful place as leader of the pact. His voice actor is painful to listen to. He’s clearly demonstrated that he’s a failure as a leader. He’s a walking cabbage.

I like Trahearne, and it seems many others do too. I did not find him annoying and I do not think he stole our thunder by choice. He had leadership forced upon him due to his knowledge of Zhaitan. As a player character I did not want to be locked into the position of leader of the pact, so I really appreciated Trehearne’s sacrifice in this regard. If he was able to pass the leadership down I suspect he would have done, but with his success vs Zhaitan I expect he was strongly encouraged to stay on as leader.

His voice to me suited his character. He is a scholar not a natural born leader, and the way he spoke and the sound of his voice seemed to go well with his background. It is easy to forget the truth of a person when they are forced to step into the view of the world and do something extraordinary and out of character.

Personally, I feel Trehearne has receive an undeserving bad press. Sure he may have taken the limelight from some players (personally I did not want the attention), but it was not his intent. I have a vague memory of him even saying to us that he did not feel he would be a good leader.

It may well be that Trehearne is already dead or has turned into one of Mordremoths minions. And if that is the case I will be sad but will accept that. My only hope is, that if that is to be Trehearne’s fate, it is not because some players disliked him and only because that was their plan all along.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.