Can we make HoT UI elements less intrusive?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

There’s multiple UI elements related to the expansion that really, really agitate me a lot as they are often superfluous and get in the way for no justifiable reason, given that they can’t be disabled.

I don’t need a prompt essentially replacing my character’s model telling me how to glide every time I fall longer than literally 1 second. I already know how to glide. I’m pretty sure the game tells you how to glide when you first unlock gliding, and that’s the only time it needs to tell you how to glide. The game should not be constantly pushing information for new players onto players’ screens who are not new.

I don’t need a level-up prompt for obtaining a Mastery point. I’m not stupid. I know what I just did. I don’t need an icon gyrating and flashing on top of my map for no reason other than to tell me I obtained a Mastery point. At least change the “OK” button to say “No kitten, Sherlock” so it is more accurate. Do we need inane level up prompts that demand your attention until you manually dismiss them for “You just viewed a Vista,” “You just unlocked a Waypoint?”

While I understand the need to inform the player when x or y object they have not seen before is related to a Mastery trait, again, putting an obnoxious pop up thing on my screen that I must manually dismiss is an obnoxious way to do it.

I want to feel like if I am not new to this game and I have a basic understanding of what the game systems are even if I don’t have access to them at this time, that the game will not torment me constantly with tutorial-esque popups. But that is not how I feel, and that is exactly what the game does. Please give us some kind of option to reduce or remove these inane elements, or at least consider grilling the person responsible for them because this is the most frustrated any MMO UI has ever made me. It’s disruptive when this nonsense pops up on my screen constantly during average play even though I neither need nor want them.

(edited by lethlora.1320)

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Some players probably do like the notifications or new players might prefer to leave them for a while. So Anet could add a “never show this again” option to the notification.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol