Can we please see the new legendarys? :D

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Or tell us the recipe xD

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Or tell us the recipe xD

They’re avoiding this in order to prevent major economic shifts before the expansion even hits.

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

When there ready

Jelzouki.4128

Or tell us the recipe xD

They’re avoiding this in order to prevent major economic shifts before the expansion even hits.

Then just show us what they look like!!!!!!!!

I don’t want to craft Twilight and regret it because I could have got a better looking legendary!

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Or tell us the recipe xD

Then just show us what they look like!!!!!!!!

I don’t want to craft Twilight and regret it because I could have got a better looking legendary!

This is a pretty easily avoided pitall. Hold off on crafting your legendary.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

You’ve already seen 2 of the 3 new legendaries.

first one: https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/6b380Fractal-Back-590x340.jpg

second one: https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/44c44PvP-Leagues-wings-590x331.jpg

Remember they said we are getting 3 legendary ITEMS for HoT launch, NOT weapons.

Only one left, hopefully it is a weapon!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t think the backpacks are part of the 3 Legendary Weapons Cristin Cox was talking about in her interview. It makes no sense to be talking about weapons for a whole paragraph and then suddenly shift to other items.

Also, one is not a handful, in most cases.

I guess we will see at launch….

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

The thing with the economic shifts is a lot of people are just saving and sitting on their money right now until they see what legendaries are in store. If they show the legendaries now there will be a big shift. However, if they wait to show them further down the road there will be an even larger shift because more people would be sitting on more money waiting to use it after they find out if they want those legendaries. My suggestion would be to show the legendaries one at a time so there are more economic shifts that are smaller. Hopefully they are not already doing this now with the legendary back pieces.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Jelzouki.4128

The thing with the economic shifts is a lot of people are just saving and sitting on their money right now until they see what legendaries are in store. If they show the legendaries now there will be a big shift. However, if they wait to show them further down the road there will be an even larger shift because more people would be sitting on more money waiting to use it after they find out if they want those legendaries. My suggestion would be to show the legendaries one at a time so there are more economic shifts that are smaller. Hopefully they are not already doing this now with the legendary back pieces.

makes sense to me

ZudetGambeous.9573

How does showing us the new legendary weapons cause any economic shift at all? They won’t reveal the stuff required to build them until HoT launches anyway. Plus from the interviews and stuff they seem to be implying that none of the materials for the new legendaries will be tradeable at all. They said they have significantly shifted the focus away from gold, it will be all account bound grinding.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Somehow i would be greatly surprised if they were to release new types that already has a popular counterpart like the greatswords. My bet is theyll first release new ones that will easily replace the more clownsy ones like pistol mace bows.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

I think they will go the usage route

releasing a new legendary rifle is no different that releasing an underwater legendary after all. Only two classes in the entire game can use rifle and there only releasing 3 new legionaries with that I think they would be wise to go with scope by making the weapons that have the broadest use among the classes.

GS maybe not as I’m sure people who made Eternity might rage to no end but maybe Anet will release another useless title in the vain of twice told legend.

Staff, Sword, and Sheild will be the three new legends in my book

Simply put if you look it up most weapons are usable by only 4 classes even with the addition of specialization weapons the total is an average of 4. The Staff can be used by 6 classes in HoT while the Sword and Shield can both be used by 5 seperate classes. The only other weapons with this sort of reach are the GS and the Underwater weapons which I don’t think we’d get simply because we already have 3 GS and Underwater would start a pitchfork wielding crowd ready to tar and feather the first person they find.

So my prediction once again is a new legendary for the Staff, Sword, and Shield this also includes a two hand, one hand, and offhand plus a ranged and melee weapon.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

From the wiki:

Three new legendary weapons will be available, with more to come with future updates; each weapon is account bound

Legendary back items will be available

So weapons and back items are different. We will get 3 WEAPONS with HoT

A reference:

Of the Central Tyria lines, each one has a clear role to fill. The Fractal Attunement Mastery grants access to additional dailies, new infusions, and instance-specific buff items or challenge modes, while The Legendary Precursor Crafting Mastery exists to make crafting your very own Legendary Weapon that much easier. On that note, ArenaNet confirmed three new Legendary weapons would be added to Guild Wars 2 when Heart of Thorns launches, with more following as the story develops.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/06/gamescom-2015-guild-wars-2s-mastery-system-takes-you-from-canopies-to-crafting

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

How does showing us the new legendary weapons cause any economic shift at all? They won’t reveal the stuff required to build them until HoT launches anyway. Plus from the interviews and stuff they seem to be implying that none of the materials for the new legendaries will be tradeable at all. They said they have significantly shifted the focus away from gold, it will be all account bound grinding.

Well for example if you see one which looks Crystalline you might be tempted to buy 100 Crystalline Lodestones while they are cheap (there isn’t a Crystalline Lodestone required Legendary atm so it might be a reasonable guess). Same for any of the other cheaper rare materials.

Posted by: vanderwolf.7084

vanderwolf.7084

I’d like to see screenshots as well ._. before I keep collecting the stuff needed for bifrost.

Jelzouki.4128

I’d like to see screenshots as well ._. before I keep collecting the stuff needed for bifrost.

Yeah it seems redundant to even get the required Gifts for the current legendary recipe because the new legendarys may look better.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I think they will go the usage route

releasing a new legendary rifle is no different that releasing an underwater legendary after all. Only two classes in the entire game can use rifle and there only releasing 3 new legionaries with that I think they would be wise to go with scope by making the weapons that have the broadest use among the classes.

GS maybe not as I’m sure people who made Eternity might rage to no end but maybe Anet will release another useless title in the vain of twice told legend.

Staff, Sword, and Sheild will be the three new legends in my book

Simply put if you look it up most weapons are usable by only 4 classes even with the addition of specialization weapons the total is an average of 4. The Staff can be used by 6 classes in HoT while the Sword and Shield can both be used by 5 seperate classes. The only other weapons with this sort of reach are the GS and the Underwater weapons which I don’t think we’d get simply because we already have 3 GS and Underwater would start a pitchfork wielding crowd ready to tar and feather the first person they find.

So my prediction once again is a new legendary for the Staff, Sword, and Shield this also includes a two hand, one hand, and offhand plus a ranged and melee weapon.

I agree Staff and Sword are very likely.

And Shield is also, to ensure the Engineers also have access to one new legendary (and seeing as I don’t expect Pistol, Rifle, or Hammer to be on the first set of legendaries). That way every class can access at least one of the new weapons.

ZudetGambeous.9573

They did say they would release more details about the legendary weapons in a future blog post. I’m personally hoping they replace the “party” legendaries first. Pistol, Mace, Scepter, staff, short-bow. All the brightly colored confetti weapons.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

They did say they would release more details about the legendary weapons in a future blog post. I’m personally hoping they replace the “party” legendaries first. Pistol, Mace, Scepter, staff, short-bow. All the brightly colored confetti weapons.

Scepter and Staff aren’t so bad, brightly colored maybe but they aren’t jokes.
Pistol and Mace aren’t even “weapons”, Pistol is a water gun and Mace is a disco ball
The Shortbow is another “fun” weapon.

I think Pistol, Mace and Shortbow will be the 3 new legendary weapons we get at HoT release.

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

Again, another thing Anet promised when HoT was first announced. Sadly, we have more info on WoW’s new artifact weapons (aka WoW legendaries ) than the new GW2 legendaries. I’m eager to see the new stuff too.

ZudetGambeous.9573

Scepter and Staff aren’t so bad, brightly colored maybe but they aren’t jokes.
Pistol and Mace aren’t even “weapons”, Pistol is a water gun and Mace is a disco ball
The Shortbow is another “fun” weapon.

I think Pistol, Mace and Shortbow will be the 3 new legendary weapons we get at HoT release.

Equip them on a necro who is shrouded in death and spewing poison and fire from a rainbow staff and a planet cloud orb… it looks rather absurd lol.

I do agree that those three are the ones that need upgrading the most though. They are just also not used very much, which is why I thought staff and scepter were more likely since they are much more used weapons.

I think staff might actually be the best candidate since it is used by almost every class, and is a bright colored weapon and it is one of the new specialization weapons.

Jelzouki.4128

I know. It’s like they never considered necromancers when making the Bifrost. Also that’s such a cool name why couldn’t it have been a frozen type staff that had the same theme of frostfang. But yeah I hope they release legendarys to make up for the party ones.