Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Guy got a Dawn on revenant, poor guy…

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Can you keep anything Revenants finds?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Why can I put stuff in my bank if I’m not able to keep it?

That’s not your real bank. It’s a copy of your bank that your beta char can interact with.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

If things aren’t saved why would people torture themselves by using the mystic forge with their Revenant? That’s masochistic.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

I wish they’d explain why this is the case. I understand not giving us the revenant items as loot, so just make them soulbound and not able to be MF/salvaged.

It’s a big deterrent to playing your rev in PvE when you don’t keep loot.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I wish they’d explain why this is the case. I understand not giving us the revenant items as loot, so just make them soulbound and not able to be MF/salvaged.

I agree that it’s a deterrent to play if you can’t keep loot.

As to why it’s set up this way my guess is if people could access their bank for real to put in loot they could also take take stuff out. There would be some who give their Rev a set of ascended gear off of their regular char or give them gemstore harvesting tools then forget to remove these items. They would lose access to all that when the beta ends, or worse, ANet could delete the beta char at the end of the beta and the those items are deleted also. People could also place other items on the Rev such as black Lion salvage kits or copper fed salvage kits and lose them. Real access to banks would cause real problems in some cases that might not be easily fixed.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

The real reason is people are stupid and ANet needs to have a failsafe for the lowest common denominator.

Posted by: Whiskeyjack.7293

Whiskeyjack.7293

The real reason is people are stupid and ANet needs to have a failsafe for the lowest common denominator.

I won’t say much that hasn’t been said, but solving for the LCD could have been handled better. They have tags to handle not allowing you to salvage loot, which can and should have been used for the items they give the character. They should allow for some option or just automatically move any other rewards earned during while playing the rev to another character or to a special bank section so that we don’t lose them. I’m with several others here that my play time is limited and I feel like I wasted several hours last night playing the rev. It’s an interesting-ish class though it needs some serious work. but I won’t waste further time playing on it given that it means nothing. And I don’t know that I would bother participating in future betas if they keep this format. There’s really no incentive except to create the char, glance at some of the skills/traits and delete it.

And the lack of communication that occurred with method of testing is even worse than the poor implementation. I agree with another poster there should have been a letter waiting with the rev creation that explained the overall plan as far as the bank copy and whatnot. Would have prevented a lot of irritation. (I work as a product owner at a software company and my clients would kill me if I pushed out a change like this with the level of communication Anet has used)

[/rant] I now feel moderately better. Maybe I’ll leave some constructive criticism on the rev in that forum.

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

What many are failing to understand is that this is a BETA, not a head start.

By playing Revenant, you are providing valuable metrics and feedback to Anet so that they can tweak and improve that profession. Players have an uncanny knack for finding issues that Anet’s in-house testers seem to miss – this is why Rev is introduced in the live environment. Aggressive testing.

As a pre-purchaser of HoT, you bought the right to play in their beta’s and be a tester, if you choose.
There is inherent risk to this. Precursors and valuable loot will drop (e.g. Queen Bee). If you play a Rev, you need to accept this risk and understand that you will not be able to keep said item at the conclusion of the event.

Some have asked/questioned why crafting materials, coins, or other ‘lesser’ items not be kept. The answer to this is simple. Where do you draw the line? Crafting Mats, Rares, Exotics, Ascended loot boxes?
No, this is an all or nothing proposal.

I don’t even want to get into the discussion of unlimited exotics and the mystic forge (to generate precursors). If anyone complains about that …. ugh!

Remember – Beta Test, Not Head start.

Posted by: megakittytron.5971

megakittytron.5971

Just a side note. If you have makeover kits or hairstyle kits in your bank and you use it on your revenant it will still be in your bank for your main. As someone mentioned, the revenant gets a copy of your bank, so whatever you use doesn’t get consumed.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a side note. If you have makeover kits or hairstyle kits in your bank and you use it on your revenant it will still be in your bank for your main. As someone mentioned, the revenant gets a copy of your bank, so whatever you use doesn’t get consumed.

In addition to this note, if you have black lion weapon skins put aside to be sold you can use them on your Rev and they won’t get consumed.

Presumably, if you have an unused ticket you can buy a Black Lion weapon skin to try it out, without it being consumed. Or use one of your bonfires, that gives non Revenants useful benefits. Or use your merchant express or trading expresses, that will benefit the non Revenants.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

I’m a little confused as to how this works exactly, I ran a Fotm on my revenant to see how viable it was and I happened to get an ascended weapon chest, now since what exactly is and isn’t tracked is still a little vague my question is this, does the weapon chest disappear after the beta ends? I did place it in my bank and gave it to an alt for safe-keeping but I’m not exactly sure what happens when it comes to this type of thing…

Any ideas or am I just going to lose it after the beta because RN Jesus hates me?

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Everything acquired on a Revenant will be lost at the end of the beta, even if it’s put in the bank. Log in as one of your other characters and try getting the Ascended Armor chest from the bank. From my understanding, it shouldn’t be there.

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

They basically made a safestate of your account/bank when the beta started. Beta character only uses this safestate which will then be deleted at the end. Therefore whatevery you get is lost and you’re not able to give new items to your beta char since the safestate does not update (example: You can’t craft sinister gear and give it via the bank after finding out sinister is not choosable on the beta items). It’s not really the most elegant solution.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

You should have switched characters at the final shard. Just saying. I ran 4 fractals and did that to keep end reward.

For AR: before next beta keep your AR gear in your bank. Your bank will be copied for the beta character when the next beta goes live. You can then re equip your warrior/guardian with his AR gear while the same set of gear will still be in the bank for your Revenant.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

you gave it to an alt? you’re sure?
I dont think that’s possible. The revenant’s bank is a duplicate and seperated bank from other characters.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

I just did today, to get more armor boxes, to try a different stat combo

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I dont think that’s possible. The revenant’s bank is a duplicate and seperated bank from other characters.

If OP did indeed find a way to get something from a Revenant to his other characters and can replicate this… he just found one hell of an exploit (infinite exotics from beta gear boxes).

If OP is not mistaken, which seems likely, he should report this before we have another Karma Weapons style exploit in our hands.

Posted by: Gynok.1756

Gynok.1756

If OP did indeed find a way to get something from a Revenant to his other characters and can replicate this… he just found one hell of an exploit (infinite exotics from beta gear boxes).

If OP is not mistaken, which seems likely, he should report this before we have another Karma Weapons style exploit in our hands.

I believe only thing able to be transferred from a beta character is siege in WvW by dropping it to another account. Not sure if this was fixed in later patches though.