Celebration hat for HoT?

Celebration hat for HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

Will there be a celebration hat in the gemstore when HoT is launched? It was there for free for a short period of time on GW2 release back in 2012.

Celebration hat for HoT?

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

If there is I hope its not the same ball cap, first off I have the ball cap, secondly it will lose all meaning if everyone can get it because of HoT.

Celebration hat for HoT?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The original hat is a legacy item and will likely never be seen again. If they want to make it a thing however, they could easily copy the hat and replace the “2” logo with the HoT logo.

Celebration hat for HoT?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Will there be a celebration hat in the gemstore when HoT is launched? It was there for free for a short period of time on GW2 release back in 2012.

Speculation:

• Yes: ANet wants new players to give everyone a chance to earn all skins and this is a good excuse to bring this “launch” celebration item.
  • No: ANet wants to limit availability of “I was there” novelty items to just those present at the right place|time.
  • Maybe: people at ANet go back & forth about the philosophy all the time and only decide this stuff at the last minute.
  • No: ANet has a different “I was there” novelty item for HoT launch — same baseball camp, but with the HoT logo instead.

Further speculation:
Regardless of which of the above realities takes place, there will be a huge outcry on the forums. If they bring it back, some “played since launch” fans will claim foul and betrayal. If they don’t, some newer fans (especially those who couldn’t be present, although wanted to) will be up in arms about selfish veterans who don’t want to share.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Celebration hat for HoT?

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

They could simply just introduce a new hat that is HoT specific, could be a like an Indiana Jones type cowboy hat with the HoT logo on it.

Celebration hat for HoT?

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

• Maybe: people at ANet go back & forth about the philosophy all the time and only decide this stuff at the last minute.

I’ll go with this one, after 3 years seems to be the most common :P

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice