Celestial Gear is very weak, plz buff!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

My Revenant is using full ascended celestial gear, with trooper runes and berserker accessories and ruby orbs, as well as berserker weapons.

When I was doing challenges in the story to restore the egg in the city, she struggled badly in the trial of strength, the one where u can’t heal while fighting a string of mobs. Maybe it’s the Revenant that’s weak i don’t know, but i just did that same trial on my Guardian in exotic, Armageddon karma gear and she smashed it in like 20s with barely a scratch. Yet my Rev failed it like 8 times or more.

Also, Rev has really poor mobility and healing in Shiro is abysmal. through all the fails, i was using jalis/hammer, thinking that since the last 2 mobs spam kd’s this would be a best weapon/legend set since its ranged, but i couldn’t defeat the challenge that way and switched to melee, barely scraping through against the final mob.

I realise u get all stats in Celestial but they’re way too weak imo and could do with a bit of a buff. I also wish there was better heal skills available for Rev in general and a direct condi removal utility. Even though rev has 4 legends, each one could use with extra utility skills. atm i feel this class is very limited in many ways, just one heal skill choice for each legend and one set of utilities u cannot change coz there’s nothing to change to.

And btw, my Rev is a Charr, why hasn’t she got her Charr racial skills?

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Celestial doesn’t need a buff, but it isn’t remotely ideal for Shiro/Jalis.

Revenants do not get racial skills.

(edited by Misguided.5139)

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

So you chose a set in which your class do not benefit as much and you complain the class and the set are too weak?

All your issues come from a poor optimization and possibly lack of knowledge and skill with the class.

Posted by: Defiling Treekiller.1632

Defiling Treekiller.1632

the heal skill in Shiro is actually very powerful when you learn how to use it , 1/3 health left be in sword/whatever pop heal and skill 3=full health again. celestial stats will hold you back significantly , I run all zerk trinkets, zerk weapons and 4 pieces of knights 2 pieces of zerk armor and have great success with DPS and survival anywhere in the game except raids where the toughness of knights screws the aggro. I run shiro/glint most of the time and swap glint for situational needs. hammer is good for maintaining distance and some control of your aggro but sword/whatever is where the Rev shines and a quickened Rev sword AA is something to be appreciated in most content

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

My Revenant is using full ascended celestial gear, with trooper runes and berserker accessories and ruby orbs, as well as berserker weapons.

There’s your problem right there. You get the most out of celestial if you go FULL celestial. The more your mix other gear with celestial, the less potent the celestial gear gets. I’ve had the problem you have with every character I’ve geared celestial, and the problem goes away as soon as all you get the full set.

My three mains, including Herald, are 100% celestial (+traveler’s runes.) So I know what I’m talking about.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

My three mains, including Herald, are 100% celestial (+traveler’s runes.) So I know what I’m talking about.

Traveler runes on a Herald? really? when you have perma swiftness at the flick of a switch, you doing it wrong.

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Traveler runes on a Herald? really? when you have perma swiftness at the flick of a switch, you doing it wrong.

Traveler’s also gives me boon/condition duration, and means I’m still quick when the facet is inactive or on cooldown, and also when I’m not on Glint. So yeah I know what’s up.

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Since Celestial is supposed to grant all stats it would be nice if they added the condi/boon duration stats to it.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

That you don’t know how to use it doesn’t mean its weak.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.