Centralized Drops? (HoT)

Centralized Drops? (HoT)

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Fan Sha Oama.1239

Fan Sha Oama.1239

I’ve been meaning to post for a while. I love Guild wars. I played the original from start to finish. Guild Wars 2 is a superior game in everything but one aspect. Centralized “good” drops. Does anyone remember in Guild Wars 1 when you wanted a specific drop you ended up fighting a specific boss/creature, or doing a specific dungeon. This gave GW1 depth and excitement. I remember running all the way to Ice Imps to farm Icy Dragon Swords, because no where else in the game (at that time) you could get such a drop. Do any of you think they will centralize high-end drops or do you think they will continue the same “token” and crafting method they have already done?

Centralized Drops? (HoT)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The token method is simply an alternative to RNG. Would you rather farm those imps for days and potentially get nothing, or farm them for tokens and guarantee your odds?

GW2 does feature content specific drops. Final Rest from the Shadow Behemoth for example or Xanthium from Twilight Arbor.

Centralized Drops? (HoT)

Posted by: Nonoka.7028

Nonoka.7028

…but farming Imps for days and potentially getting nothing is equivalent to farming Tequatl for Tequatls Hoard for days and potentially getting nothing -
oh wait, it isn’t. Because I can farm those Imps 24/7 if I want to, and I will get my IDS one day, maybe not with perfect stats, but I’ll get it. And I’ll also get a lot of other stuff I can turn into a bit of money on the way.
Teq is different – you can do him what, 6 times a day with his 4 hour cooldown? And the stuff you get usually consists of greens and blues with the occasional rare thrown next to the spoon or rune of the sunless for good measure.

Guaranteeing my odds is a great way, no questions asked, the way the dungeon rewards work is fantastic – everybody can have a piece of the cake – but they completely abandoned the concept with everything they released afterwards, and even when you would think they got back on track with the Crests is the Silverwastes, they ruined it with RNG for Coat Boxes in the Vinewrath fight. Just lovely.