Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: popaz.1524

popaz.1524

What’s up with this item? It’s so expensive to get and almost never drops. It leaves a really nice trail but the price is insane. 2 sold for over 9k on the TP.

Is this supposed to be an item only few people have in the whole game? In comparison, Queen Bee is around 600g.

Here’s what it looks like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hikafG9MyWg

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

All the trail / particle effect items are meant to be rare. Probably for both just the fact of making them prestige items, and also just the fact that if everyone could get one the particles would bog down the game.

Queen Bee has been available for months and months and easily farmable for most of that time. Chak Egg Sac has been in the game for 3, and most of that time the Garent event wasn’t exactly something most people were farming much. It’ll go down in time, though it’ll probably remain pretty expensive forever since it does seem even rarer than the Queen Bee in terms of drop rate and the Garent event happens less often than Vinewraths.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

If you every get one sell and buy the 2 legendaries sets you want. Still you need 1000g to put it on TP. I love the trail effect.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Kattenpootjes.4291

Kattenpootjes.4291

Just ignore it, it’s one of those clever tricks to make players use their credit cards and buy gems to convert to gold

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Good. I want bosses to have super rare loot. This game needs more of that.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Just ignore it, it’s one of those clever tricks to make players use their credit cards and buy gems to convert to gold

Regardless of whether there’s some conspiracy at ANet to get people to spend cash for gold, people always want exclusive shinies and have always been willing to spend time or RL money to get it.

Sure, ignore it if you can’t afford it, but don’t put down other people for wanting it nor ANet for creating something with cool effects.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

If I get that, I’m using it on myself lol.

Wonder if it’ll appear with winter’s presence and ghostly infusion.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

Someone thought it worth 10.000 G, it’s gone.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Someone thought it worth 10.000 G, it’s gone.

I am not suprised. Some people got millions of gold (mostly in sellable assets like t7 materials). It is a pocket change for them to get such a rare item.
I commanded a lot of chak gerents already and never someone bragged about getting this drop, so expect it to be at least as rare as queen bee.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

I called my firework effect, this is what it looks like when u stack 4 effects together, Winters Presence + Bee + Chak egg sac + ghostly infusion

Attachments:

(edited by Taxidriver.2043)

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Malediktus.9250

That looks terrible

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

until this thread i didnt even know, that this thing EXISTS xD

Just look at the nice running animation that lets your character practicalyl look more special/magical7powrerful, paired together with its rareness, this allone explains why it costs so much ..

however, if someone seriously is to INSANE to expect, that ever someone will buy such a item for 9999 gold..
Its alone just insane enough that someone is so incredibly STUPID just to waste 1000 gold permanently locked away, just to be able to list that item for 10000 gold in the TP to show off to thers practicalyl their kittens.

Such “fake” listings, which are absolutely unlikely that ever someone in the game will buy them should be in my opinion instantly deleted out of the TP after some time.
Such listings aren’t made in the hope to make some profit, such klistings are just made to show off and that is for me personally a kind of abuse of the TP system by not using is for what it is intended for.
But thats just my opinion on that.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I called my firework effect, this is what it looks like when u stack 4 effects together, Winters Presence + Bee + Chak egg sac + ghostly infusion

LOL

This just screams attention kitten.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

until this thread i didnt even know, that this thing EXISTS xD

Just look at the nice running animation that lets your character practicalyl look more special/magical7powrerful, paired together with its rareness, this allone explains why it costs so much ..

however, if someone seriously is to INSANE to expect, that ever someone will buy such a item for 9999 gold..
Its alone just insane enough that someone is so incredibly STUPID just to waste 1000 gold permanently locked away, just to be able to list that item for 10000 gold in the TP to show off to thers practicalyl their kittens.

Such “fake” listings, which are absolutely unlikely that ever someone in the game will buy them should be in my opinion instantly deleted out of the TP after some time.
Such listings aren’t made in the hope to make some profit, such klistings are just made to show off and that is for me personally a kind of abuse of the TP system by not using is for what it is intended for.
But thats just my opinion on that.

Fake listing? One just sold for 10.000 G in the last 24 hours.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Then is this person just super lucky that he has found some kind of either TP Flipper that was rich enough to buy it off from that person, or some kind of credi card hero who simply bought enough gold to buy it off from the TP..

But I doubt hard that this will happen so quickly again, unless we play Inflation Wars 2…

I find it personally just more troublesome for this game, that we even have at all items in this game, with such ridiculous prices, that people feel the need to put them in for 9999 Gold and get through with this even, because there seems to exist already more than enough of these kind of super ultra rich players for that it seems to be just only some kind of “pocket money” to threw out just simply 10000 gold for a skin …

Doesn’t make this you think over something, what is kind of going wrong with this game, when stuff like this seems to be becoming more and more a “common” thing on the trading post?

Same as like such crazy stuff, like these +16 (or was it 17 by now? dunno) AR upgrades, which sell in the Tp for 9999 gold ..
Who here is ever so insane to buy somethign like that for such a ridiculous unrealistic price?
Call me maybe just only jealous (in fact I maybe just am it naturally a bit perhaps), but I don’t want to know, how many people out there just putted already something into the TP with provocantly high prices, just to show off, how rich they are and that they have no problems with wasting money just to show off from the TP tax without having any intention actually to sell the item.

Also, how can you be sure, that the item got really sold, and not just simply removed by its owner again out of the TP???
But maybe I do see there something into it, that simply doesn’t exist and its as said just my jealousy that makes me thinking, that these kind of things are fake listings.
Who knows…

in the end it won’t affect me anyways, I just know that I personally will most likely have anyways never such a luck to either get such a super lucky drop, nor do I have either the time, endurance/patience and knowledge to become such a super talented TP flipper to become ever so rich to be able to buy something like this at such prices, as if it would be peanuts for me…

its only kind of depressing to see, that these kind of ridiculous prices seem to become slowly more and more the normality in this game as it looks

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I don’t think it is a concern and it certainly isn’t indicative of a new normality. In fact I’m much more surprised to see so few after 3 years. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like over inflated prices either – that’s just because I have a personal preference towards more obtainable loot tables.

It doesn’t indicate an unhealthy economy or an issue with the game at all – this is very common in MMO’s to have such massively high prices.

Frankly, whoever sold/bought it…good luck to them I say.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

Matter of taste but… it’s ugly. Too much aura = fail imo.

On topic, I don’t think it’s worth 10 000 golds. It’s just because the event is not done often and the item is new. 10 000 golds is definitely too much.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: BlueBoy.1236

BlueBoy.1236

The 10k gold egg sac has not been sold yet. The seller just took it off the trading post. It looks like he’s frustrated cos no one’s buying it. The item was taken off and relist a few times yesterday, before a few 5k gold orders suddenly show up (it could be the same person that’s been trying to sell the item).

Whether it’s ugly or not, it’s a pretty good investment. You can always resell it if you’re bored with the effect.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

historically, they were sold at 8k and 9k gold….

check gw2bltc.com

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Snow.7396

Snow.7396

The 10k gold egg sac has not been sold yet. The seller just took it off the trading post. It looks like he’s frustrated cos no one’s buying it. The item was taken off and relist a few times yesterday, before a few 5k gold orders suddenly show up (it could be the same person that’s been trying to sell the item).

Whether it’s ugly or not, it’s a pretty good investment. You can always resell it if you’re bored with the effect.

enough said?

Attachments:

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Snow.7396

Snow.7396

and this

Attachments:

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: BlueBoy.1236

BlueBoy.1236

and this

Well gratz, but i knw for sure the listing was taken off and relisted a few times yesterday.

Anyway, that item is really good for flipping so gl to all flippers out there (that if you ever get someone to take your buy order)

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

and this

Well gratz, but i knw for sure the listing was taken off and relisted a few times yesterday.

Anyway, that item is really good for flipping so gl to all flippers out there (that if you ever get someone to take your buy order)

at a cost of 500g / relist? i doubt it.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: XYLUM.7286

XYLUM.7286

I have to laugh, it just seems so silly to me to spend 9k gold on making a a little sparkle trail behind your character..

if I ever got that drop, or any of those particle effects things the would be on the TP so fast they’d have scorch marks on the boxes…

I honestly probably wouldn’t pay 50 gold for those particle effects, they just seem so pointless and gaudy to me.

I know, I know, to each their own… but wow, 9k gold to look like a walking glass of soda fizz… people will buy ANYTHING, and apparently, in GW2, they will pay any price.

Please lord, let me get one of those drops, so I can craft and armory of ascended sets.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Hardly, it would cost about $900 or so to buy that much gold. I can’t see that many people being willing to do that for some particle effects, more likely it’s TP tycoons buying and selling.

Also, the listings are from players, not from ANet.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Hardly, it would cost about $900 or so to buy that much gold. I can’t see that many people being willing to do that for some particle effects, more likely it’s TP tycoons buying and selling.

Also, the listings are from players, not from ANet.

Happens more than you think.

Previous game I played, there were several people who put $400-500 a week into in-game currency.

Doesn’t make the studio any wealthier, though. If anything, it hurts their income more when such disparities are created.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

it just seems so silly to me to spend 9k gold on making a a little sparkle trail behind your character..

if I ever got that drop, or any of those particle effects things the would be on the TP so fast they’d have scorch marks on the boxes…

And that’s exactly what’s supposed to happen: those willing to pay a lot to sparkle get to do so; any of us lucky enough to get the drop can laugh all the way to the bank (admittedly, not very far in this game).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

This combo looks like something straight out of a bad anime or Final Fantasy game.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

that is amazing thanks for bringing it to my attention OP i want so bad

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Need I remind you that the Queen Bee thing was something like 14k gold when it first came out? Chak Gerent has only been commonly killable for about a month I think. Give it time….

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Malediktus.9250

These aura items are completly worthless to me as long as they can not be used on best in slot items (ascended items). Would sell it in a heartbeat if I should ever get one.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Personally, I really like the addition of super rare, super expensive drops from bosses. It gives me the motivation to do them. I already have enough gold to buy pretty much anything on the tp except the egg sac at the moment so more gold/mats in rewards do not matter to me any more. Items like this are what would encourage people in my situation to participate in certain events. What I would prefer even to this is if the item was account bound. Now THAT would get me farming the gerent even as much as I can and would make it so only the extremely lucky few have the item, not people who spend a ton of real-life money on the game.
Overall I am very happy with the decision to add this item and would like items like this to be added in the future, but make them accounts bound.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

It’s a sac allright. A sac of kitten with this inflated price.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Oh wow… I think I got one of those exotic amulets with the unique upgrade in them. And foolishly threw it in the Mystic Forge with 3 other account bound exotics for a chance at something sellable >< x_x ;_;

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

Oh wow… I think I got one of those exotic amulets with the unique upgrade in them. And foolishly threw it in the Mystic Forge with 3 other account bound exotics for a chance at something sellable >< x_x ;_;

Ask for a roll back. Send in a ticket explaining what happened and see if Anet can roll your account back to the day you got it. If they do it, which they might, make sure to use a black lion salvage kit to get the egg sac. Good luck I really hope you get it back.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Don’t think that’s an option :/ It was a while ago and I couldn’t tell them exactly when it happened. Also, I finished Nevermore since then and I would lose it if they do a rollback.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Engel.6029

Engel.6029

The real reason they nerfed spell effects.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

You look like a graphical glitch.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Stacked particle effects are hideous.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Imo looks pretty cool:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Rare loot is rare. The game needs more rare drops, not less.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

How do you get that much gold in game?

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Just $1k for the egg.
That’s genius!!!
How didn’t they have such cash cow before?

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Looks shiny, but like the luminescence it’s useless in PvP, pass.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Anyone spending 10k gold is going to regret doing so. Give it a few more months and this item will be half or even lower in price. The sellers are quite smart for selling right away and if they want the item, they can always pick it up for half or even 20-30% of the cost in a few months down the line.

There are apparently an Auric basic equivalent of this item maybe even a TD but none have been listed on TP yet.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It makes you look drunk. :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

lol Yeah, not sure I’d pay that much gold for it. It may be rare, but it’s just not epic enough to really make people take notice overall, imho.

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Really not worth it.

Worth about 100g, IMHO.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Chak Egg Sac 10,000g

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Forum bug…….

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth