Chak Gerent Loot

Chak Gerent Loot

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I love TD. It’s my favorite map in the entire game and the chak gerent is the most enjoyable boss event in HoT for me as well. But can you please do something about the boss rewards? It’s probably the most likely event to fail and provides hardly any loot for failed attempts. But the maximum tier rewards seem very low, too.

With people pulling upwards of 70 rares per run using AB multi-map, getting only a handful of rares from a T5 chak gerent with a win ratio of maybe 50% seems very unrewarding.

Chak Gerent Loot

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’m pretty sure that it wasn’t intended for players to hop instances to farm the chests to get gauranteed rares each time. Other metas should not be balanced around that.

Chak Gerent Loot

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

On the other hand for VB/TD(DS also but that is a bit different) you don’t need complete the meta to loot the majority of the chests on the map.

Chak Gerent Loot

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

On the other hand for VB/TD(DS also but that is a bit different) you don’t need complete the meta to loot the majority of the chests on the map.

That’s true. But looting the chests associated with pre-boss event completion is not a good incentive for participation in the boss event itself. This may be a contributing factor that could be improved with better rewards for the event.

Chak Gerent Loot

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I’m pretty sure that it wasn’t intended for players to hop instances to farm the chests to get gauranteed rares each time. Other metas should not be balanced around that.

Whether it was intended or not, ANet has allowed it for almost a year now with no word saying it wasn’t allowed. Can you imagine the backlash if they banned it out of nowhere? I don’t think its going away.

Chak Gerent Loot

Ayrilana.1396

Whether it was intended or not, ANet has allowed it for almost a year now with no word saying it wasn’t allowed. Can you imagine the backlash if they banned it out of nowhere? I don’t think its going away.

Almost a year? The AB loot farm didn’t pick up until a few months ago. Actually, it may have been the April update that indirectly caused it to become widespread. There being backlash is no reason not to resolve it.

Chak Gerent Loot

Posted by: Asclepios.4295

Asclepios.4295

Add a chak weapon as a reward and you’ll bring people back

Chak Gerent Loot

Ayrilana.1396

Doubtful as the main reason that a lot people don’t do the meta is because they have all the collections done most likely.

Chak Gerent Loot

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Are people away? I always find full maps for Gerent. The fight (though nerfed) is harder so maybe that is a reason for having less maps (a lot of lazy/bad players). But there no direct competition between maps. Actually because of timers, you generally can do TD, then AB 30 min later and be ready for the next DS start 30 additional minutes later.

Chak Gerent Loot

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

I agree that the crystallized caches at the end of a successful meta need to be buffed, perhaps on the order of what comes out of a AB grand chest.

Chak Gerent Loot

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

That would make chak eggs useless for everyone who is not going to build a legendary armor one day (and the collection way too easy)
Tarir multiloot needs to be nerfed instead of this buffed

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.