Chak Killer Master Bugged ?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: masterJP.5048

masterJP.5048

Is the Chak killer Achievement bugged ? I cleared the entire pit. Do I need to kill every chak in the instance ( If there are any others ?) or wait until the end of the mission ? I still qualify for the achievement

Attachments:

Lordy Green , THE Elementalist
Angela Sky , THE Guardian
Orochimarei , THE Necromancer

Posted by: MelGT.8326

MelGT.8326

I managed to do this ok a couple of days ago, after speaking to the “guy” on the floor and speaking to Braham, I just cleared them all slowly and got the couple of achievements with no problems. It could be a recent bug. Try submitting it in game or posting in the bugs forum.

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

From what I’ve heard you need to complete it without dying.

Posted by: Taek.4671

Taek.4671

I have the same problem. Got expert killer and the achievement was still showing at the end. I did die, but surely if that was a condition the achievement should disappear then.

I carried on doing it solo after the death near the beginning as the achievement was still there and took ages.

[TGA]The Gamers Asylum

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You can’t die just like you couldn’t for the other ones. The only bug with that achievement is the icon doesn’t disappear when you die.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Also, you’d better do it solo, because it counts the mobs you have tagged. When doing it with few other players, you may end up short due to others killing some mobs without your participation. The same may happen if too many chaks get killed by Braham without your assistance.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Scandi.5693

Scandi.5693

I did it several times with a group and never got the achievement. But when a friend and I went in alone and made sure to each target the same mob, we both got it. I think you need credit for each mob death.

Mistress Savant of the Asuran Dominion.

Astralporing.1957

I did it several times with a group and never got the achievement. But when a friend and I went in alone and made sure to each target the same mob, we both got it. I think you need credit for each mob death.

Not each, you can miss a few, but there’s a (hidden) number of mobs you need to get credited for, as i have mentioned above your post.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

I also encountered this problem, then i read somewhere that i mustn’t die, and then it will work. So i killed the chak off slowly, one by one and it worked. Strange thing is, when ithe achievement popped up as completed, there were still like 5 small chaks and a veteran alive in the pit.

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

so this still does not work right a year later (what a surprise anet)

either update the master acheivment to specifically say it requires you not to die and TAKE IT AWAY IF YOU DO or fix whatever else is wrong with it

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

You can down, but you can’t die.
You need to kill everything except for 4 or 5 chack, it doesn’t matter if you kill veterans or normals. If you died once, the achievement stops tracking.
There’s a small crown icon in your buffs, when you lose it, you lose the progress.
sometimes death earlier in the instance also removes eligibility of the achievement, so always keep an eye on the crown-icon buff

Amaimon.7823

either update the master acheivment to specifically say it requires you not to die and TAKE IT AWAY IF YOU DO or fix whatever else is wrong with it

I happened to have cleared it last week. and you can down but not die. It’s a bit buggy though, as dying elsewhere in the instance might also remove the buff. also, do not kill any chack in the pit before braham finished his comments

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I happened to have cleared it last week. and you can down but not die. It’s a bit buggy though, as dying elsewhere in the instance might also remove the buff. also, do not kill any chack in the pit before braham finished his comments

You can run through the entire instance and then just fight the vet and adds just before the pit.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

You can’t die while doing it. Let the guy finish talking first and let Braham do his “you should see this” line. And occasionally one will get stuck IN the wall, which will bork you.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Amaimon.7823

You can run through the entire instance and then just fight the vet and adds just before the pit.

You can, but theres a lot that can bug in HoT instances, so dont take unnecessary chances

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s a very finicky achievement and instance and all sorts of stuff can make things more difficult than they should.

• You don’t have to wait for Braham, but it’s a good idea because if he stalls, then the achievement might not update.
  • You don’t have to kill every chak. You do have to get credit for killing 40.
  • It’s easy for a chak to die without you getting credit, even if you’re alone in the instance. (The reasons are convoluted.) To avoid that, make sure you do more than ‘tag’ each chak.

My strong recommendation is to go very slowly: aggro just a few at a time and make sure you are getting a “killing blow” (or at least, so much damage that doesn’t matter). If the achievement hasn’t updated, use AoE skills near the walls to try to get any chak that might have spawned in an unfortunate location. Usually you can get enough damage on them to kill them or get them to come out of their ‘hole’.

I’ve directly helped about 6-9 groups through the achievement and we were successful in all cases by taking the slow approach.

All that said, ANet could make things much easier on people by spawning an extra dozen chak (so there’s easily more than 40) and/or including a kill counter (so you know where you stand). Or they could just change the achievement to need only 30 kills.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Khisanth.2948

You can’t die while doing it. Let the guy finish talking first and let Braham do his “you should see this” line. And occasionally one will get stuck IN the wall, which will bork you.

There are a couple extras so one or two in the wall isn’t a problem.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

You know, I thought that too, considering I got the achievement on my first try. I had to go through it 3 more times with my husband before he finally got it.

Astralporing.1957

You know, I thought that too, considering I got the achievement on my first try. I had to go through it 3 more times with my husband before he finally got it.

Was he a condi build? Condi damage does not tag for this, you have to deal enough direct damage for the mob to be counted.

Actions, not words.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Was he a condi build? Condi damage does not tag for this, you have to deal enough direct damage for the mob to be counted.

Lol no. He was playing warrior. Damage was not his issue. At all.

The day my husband plays condi anything, intentionally, I may have a heart attack and expire.

Khisanth.2948

The problem with doing that in a party is that you sometimes accidentally fail to tag some that are killed by the other party members unless you are going for the one or two at a time approach.