Chak Mastery???

Chak Mastery???

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Exactly what is this supposed to do? So far nothing! The acid still stacks crazily and does tons of damage. So if it’s supposed to control this condition, so far the mastery is pointless and costly.

Chak Mastery???

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Try dodging. It will remove the stuff on you when you dodge. Also, the higher masteries are usually the least worthwhile. It’s the same philosophy as the rest of the game. The more you have to work for something the less you need it. It makes the grind more optional.

A legendary weapon doesn’t give you more or higher stats than ascended. Ascedned armor is much harder to make/acquire than ascended jewelry, which is relatively easy to get but has more stats.

The reason why is so that those who need to work toward something have something to do and everyone else can just ignore it.

However in the case of the chak mastery is does help.

Chak Mastery???

So basically you have to give up evasion and dodge to control the acid? That doesn’t make sense for a mastery. Usually a mastery is something you gain not a tit for tat choice.

Chak Mastery???

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It enhances your dodge to remove the acid.

Chak Mastery???

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

So basically you have to give up evasion and dodge to control the acid? That doesn’t make sense for a mastery. Usually a mastery is something you gain not a tit for tat choice.

I fail to see your point. Before the mastery, you’d have to dodge to avoid the acid aoe. After the mastery you can remove the acid by dodging. Either way, you need to use a dodge to survive… the mastery just enables you to be lazier with your timing.

Chak Mastery???

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Or not get stuck in the goo as often.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Chak Mastery???

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I dodge to stealth glide too. It makes perfect sense. It’s adding value to your dodge.

Chak Mastery???

onevstheworld.2419

In my experience with this mastery, I’ve seen no change in fighting chak mobs. The classes that lack a damage sink (minions or pets) to soak up the acid attacks are still torn down quickly. Simply put, by tying it to evasion it limits the benefit of mastery.

The veteran lobbers have both a large area of effect knockdown and quickly stacking acid in addition to insane lifebars. Ambushers have massive damage attacks that without evasion will tear down most classes.

I get that Anet doesn’t think it’s worth their time to balance HoT content, but every time they add balance changes to the game they’re unintentionally buffing this content.

Chak Mastery???

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

I never really understood what this mastery does either, now I got it. I mostly play thief and trait Unhindered Combatant. Even before I got the mastery, the goo effect just went away when I doged because of the cleansing effect of the trait. So of course I didn’t notice a difference after getting the mastery!

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Chak Mastery???

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

I never really understood what this mastery does either, now I got it. I mostly play thief and trait Unhindered Combatant. Even before I got the mastery, the goo effect just went away when I doged because of the cleansing effect of the trait. So of course I didn’t notice a difference after getting the mastery!

It doesn’t work that way exactly. Base dodge removes some stacks of acid, but not all of them IIRC. So, if you barely touch it, you are golden. Mastery is for when you get kittened in the kitten by 10 acid stacks or so.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

Chak Mastery???

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

It doesn’t work that way exactly. Base dodge removes some stacks of acid, but not all of them IIRC. So, if you barely touch it, you are golden. Mastery is for when you get kittened in the kitten by 10 acid stacks or so.

I cannot test it because I cannot deactivate the mastery, but I think the Unhindered Combatant “immobilized/crippled/chilled cures” have an effect on the goo. So it isn’t like normal dodging.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Chak Mastery???

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

I cannot test it because I cannot deactivate the mastery, but I think the Unhindered Combatant “immobilized/crippled/chilled cures” have an effect on the goo. So it isn’t like normal dodging.

Well, I did run around TD with daredevil, but at this point I don’t remember how it interacts for sure (and can’t test it as well :P).

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson