Changing visuals of our spells by default

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

Please stop changing the visuals of our spells by default.
You call this reducing visual noice.

Cant you do that just by creating an option that someone can select in the option menu?
This option would change your spells, your opponent spells, or both, into less taxing visuals for your computer.

The only spell that my pc has slightly trouble with is Chaotic release from the Revenant (which summons a Dragon who knockbacks targets). Yet that spell is among the few that is not changed :P.

Shield looking spells, like Magnetic aura, Fire shield, Chaos armor and such, have been changed into almost being not visible anymore,
while they looked really cool before the change.
Now they are an almost not visible thin line, and some have a bit of color around your feet.

Fireball has become Firetennisball…

Please stop changing visuals by default and thus sorta forcing them on people.

Visuals can be part of a good experience on your class too.
I find gameplay to be more important, but visuals can be part of the reasons of choosing and enjoying a class as well.

These visuals shouldnt be changed by default.
Please make them a choice that you can select.

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

I was going to make a post about this later on today but you beat me to it. :P

I agree, there should be options for players to choose – I personally always try to make my games look as best as possible with flashy skill effects and such. This keeps getting taken away and it’s actually fustrating, the recent chnage to auras is horrible, you can barely tell if they’re there and even then they’re a little hard to differenciate between.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I’m thinking you may want to contribute to the somewhat mammoth merged thread on the subject:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Visual-nerfs-Merged/first