Character Slot for Heart of Thorns? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

I am prepping 5 characters for deletion so will have plenty of room for new stuff. ;

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”

Posted by: MelGT.8326

MelGT.8326

I am prepping 5 characters for deletion so will have plenty of room for new stuff. ;

But there’s only one new profession..

It’s likely they’ll leave the answer until as late as possible. Less time for the “rage” to hit the fan. This is the game that came with five character slots for eight professions remember? If you’re really that concerned, it really doesn’t take too long to farm the gold for 800 gems, you have plenty of time (probably a few months) to buy another character slot in preparation. And if it does get announced HoT will come with an extra slot, hey, you just have a free slot to see what leveling up with the new specializations is like.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If I had to guess at the inner dialogue of the gnomes in Marketing, there will be a basic edition that does not have an extra character slot, and a deluxe version that — in addition to a ton of other whistles and bells to entice you to part with an extra 20 bucks — does have an extra character slot.

It’s just so perfectly one of those things that would be nice but isn’t strictly required for it be functional.

Spooky…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I have 8 character slots myself, as I bought the 3 extra with gold. Currently I’m buying a few gems every now and then to close the gap to 800. I really hope that we do get an extra character slot however. I’m merely preparing for the worst. Not giving a new character slot to players that just paid X amount of money on an expansion, of which many likely want to use the Revenant, would be a spit in the face. ‘Nice, here is your new class, but you do need to toss some extra money our way or you can’t use it’. If it turns out we do get the slot with the expansion then I will have 800 gems to spend on something like bank tabs or skins which is always nice. I think this kind of information will be made available as soon as the price and versions of the expansion are announced.

Posted by: waSte.8640

waSte.8640

1 slot or bust. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

While i think that this is a fairly easy question to answer for Anet (yes or no), I think the only “correct” answer from a business standpoint is “yes”.

Not offering one will come off as needlessly greedy and make a large number of players just getting into the game again just for the xpac feel like they are being told to delete one of your level 80s or pay us more money on top of the xpac if you want to try the new class. Same for any vets looking to jump in that already have their slots filled.

Basically its going to create a HUGE outcry on the forums if you don’t at least provide one slot for the xpac and anyone with an iota of sense looking at this issue can see that to be true. So, its either make your playerbase happy (and happy people spend money) OR insult them and see how quickly those wallets close over something that will cost Anet nothing to provide for with the xpac that people are already going to be paying for.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

“really would not like delete a lvl 80/Buy character slots for a new revenant.”

Are we sure that the OP didn’t mean maxed out FREE slots?
Because I’m maxed out on free slots and I think it is ridiculous for a game that has no end game to not allow people to have at least one of every class included in the gosh darn game.

I’m not spending a penny for a new character slot if one is not included in the xpac. In fact, I’m not even going to buy the xpac if there isn’t one. (or if there isn’t any end game content included, but that’s a different story)

I think it is really, really, dumb when a game doesn’t give enough slots for 1 of ever character. If you have to weed people from their money that way, that’s the sign of a bad game.

You didn’t get the memo where the whole game is endgame, did you.

Kinda hard to see that in the game GW2 became. It made a lot more sense before Ascended gear, Fractals, and LS. Since launch, endgame looks more like traditional MMO endgame than a seamless whole with the leveling experience.

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

First post in this merged thread: two months ago.

How hard is it for ANet to login to the forums, type out “yes” or “no” and be done with it? Letting forum warriors speculate on stuff like this for months on end is really foolish. Its also toxic to the community and is basically the company thumbing its collective nose at the players.

But, given the lack of rapidity in fixing bugs and glitches with each patch, not to mention that nearly three years in there are still release bugs and issues that were never resolved, I can’t say I’m very surprised.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

How hard is it for ANet to login to the forums, type out “yes” or “no” and be done with it? Letting forum warriors speculate on stuff like this for months on end is really foolish. Its also toxic to the community and is basically the company thumbing its collective nose at the players.

But, given the lack of rapidity in fixing bugs and glitches with each patch, not to mention that nearly three years in there are still release bugs and issues that were never resolved, I can’t say I’m very surprised.

Monetization choices seem to happen very late in their development process.

Posted by: cdsmith.1072

cdsmith.1072

HoT should come with 4 slots, not one! If you are paying as much for the expansion as you did for the original game it should come with a hell of a lot more slots than one!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As no price has been set, it’s possible the only ones paying as much for HoT as for the original game are those who got the original on sale for ten bucks.

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Very odd that there is no response to this. Is it Anet’s famous lack of communication at work, or are they trying to find a way to justify saying no?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Very odd that there is no response to this. Is it Anet’s famous lack of communication at work, or are they trying to find a way to justify saying no?

their philosophy, it’s better to say nothing at all then to make false hope.
then again, they already did that from launch so….maybe the are starting to learn stuff?

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I understand Anet’s position on the matter. New people will have the usual free character slots. Veterans will likely have all their slots filled and contemplate whether or not they have to spend gold/money on another. Or delete a slot entirely. It’s definitely an issue that should be addressed.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

I’m pretty certain that they are not yet sure if they will give us a slot yet or not. Once they put together the packages of HoT expansions, you can bet that at least one of them (I’m guessing there will be a “basic” package and a similar “heroic edition”) will offer a character slot, but they are probably debating where it goes and how much they offer.

I would be more upset if they told us something now and then, for some reason, decided to do something different later on. Concrete information is more valuable than speculative information anyway, and they can only provide the former when they know what it is themselves.

(I do think they should consider the answer sooner than later, though, because this thread is too long. I agree)

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

2 slots like times of old?

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

I can’t argue for 2 slots as they are only giving one new class, the Rev. When they gave 2 new slots in the past it was because there were 2 new classes.

One slot for people that don’t have the space to make a Rev would be good and it gives anoter incentive for new players to also get the xpac. It literally makes them more money in the end to include it in the xpac so I really don’t know what there is to think about here for Anet.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Mordeus.1234

Mordeus.1234

I’ve got 7 character slots and I’m actually happy with that as my max. So I hope if we do get free slots that they aren’t automatically applied but are sent to us in the mail like the digital deluxe items or get a 1 time only price reduction ($0 sale) in the gem store. Sounds really silly but I don’t want to be tempted into making more characters and because I like the 7 character windows with nothing hidden. So I’m happy if people get free slots, just let me hold off redeeming mine.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Or everyone can just delete their ranger.

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Anyone have information on the actual cost of this? I’ve heard $40 – $50 – which is nearly the cost of a whole game. Thinking if that is the general cost there better be at least 2 toon slots and some serious additional bonus (not counting the specialization add-on stuff).

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Anyone have information on the actual cost of this? I’ve heard $40 – $50 – which is nearly the cost of a whole game. Thinking if that is the general cost there better be at least 2 toon slots and some serious additional bonus (not counting the specialization add-on stuff).

No, because Anet hasn’t released the cost. Believe me, you’ll know when they announce the prices. Until then, guessing is all we can do.

Posted by: SgtTenor.5817

SgtTenor.5817

Been away for sooooo long. Just haven’t had time to play lately. That said an extra slot is a must. I would hate to get the expansion and not get to play the new class. I did pay for the extra slots basically because I wanted every class. I would hate that you get the expansion and not being able to play the Revenant. You pay for the expansion then you have to add more funds to play another class? Nope not buying that.

I digress. An additional slot is a must or I may just pass the Expansion up.

Posted by: Dumbo.8167

Dumbo.8167

Hey, so I was wondering if purchasing the expansion will include a free character slot, like the Guild Wars 1 expansions did. I currently have one of each professions, and will be making a Revenant as well. I would really like to know, because if I buy an extra character slot now, to save a name and try appearances out, and it turns out that we will indeed be getting a free slot, my login screen would be ugly. >.>

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

>Keeps merging
>Still no answer

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Thanks for understanding the merge. I’ll probably be adding more, as this is an often-asked question!

LOL. I think you are awesome Gaile, but “adding more” to a yes or no question just struck me as funny.

We are either going to get slots or not.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

An answer?
Are we there yet?

Polish > hype

Posted by: Sekhmet.6153

Sekhmet.6153

Hopefully a free slot will be available for any package of HoT.

If not, I’m likely going to pass on it. It already seems a bit sparse in content from what I’ve seen released, and barring them selling it for $10 or $20, I can’t see paying for a quasi-expansion that I’d be forced to buy a character slot to experience one of the biggest features.

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

That is kind of steep.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Posted by: Huddi.8297

Huddi.8297

Hi guys,

as you are certainly aware, HoT’s 3 different preorder versions are now available. I am for sure willing to pay this amount of money and the content will be worth it. However, I find it ridiculous that a version costing as much as a full game includes no additional character slot. Because I am sure that all of us want to make a revevnant without deleting our old characters.

I also understand the alternative of buying the 100$ version and getting the slot quasi for free, but I chose to buy gems when I want. I already invested several hundreds of euros but this offer seems pretty greedy.

Posted by: Stormbolt.7293

Stormbolt.7293

We may getting a lot of content with Heart of Thorns, but $50 just for an expansion seems very steep. This is the same price as the base game, but for less content.

Apolo.5942

Have to agree. Im sure its a grate deal for new players, not so much for existing customers.

Posted by: Mavfox.1837

Mavfox.1837

I actually have a very big problem with this. Every guild wars 1 expansion came with extra character slots to accommodate the new classes, but the omission of that here seems to really show how greedy Anet truely is.

This is making me rethink buying the expansion at all.

Posted by: InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

Anet just flipped all the older players the bird

Soul Warden of Echo of Enclayd
~Infinity Warden

Posted by: Seishinkuma.3210

Seishinkuma.3210

The Problem I’m seeing is that it includes the base game with the expansion.
What about me who bought this game at launch?
Do i have to buy the core game Again , just to get the expansion?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Do i have to buy the core game Again , just to get the expansion?

Yes, you do.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Ridiculous pricing, for standard and all others too.

Waiting for sale next year and seriously considering another break right now. :[

Polish > hype

Posted by: InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

That is screwed up, and has ignited the chat, and the community….. its paid mods all over again!

Soul Warden of Echo of Enclayd
~Infinity Warden

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

As an account upgrade its rubbish, as a first time buyer its awesome, base game plus expac $50 or $50 with an account you don’t actually get if its an account upgrade, where’s my 2nd account code?

Posted by: Toxicity.5392

Toxicity.5392

Yes it is. I think they’ll offer an upgrade for cheaper.

I farm more than a chinese gold seller.

Posted by: vectorfox.6894

vectorfox.6894

standard = $65 make that $75 – $80 because who isn’t going to buy a character slot for their rev

deluxe = $95-$100

ultimate = $130

Aud prices^

Posted by: Ceesa.1350

Ceesa.1350

I’m ok with $50 for HOT, but for the love of god, it should really come with a character slot. There’s a new class, so all existing players are going to want to create a new character. It’s only logical.

Apolo.5942

I would be ok with the price if it came with 2 character slots base. Like GW1, only we get less content and half the classes, but im willing to take it anyway. Not like this thou.

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

most xpacs are $50 or thereabouts for big-title MMO’s. I’m fine with the price, so long as the content of the xpac is on par with those other MMO’s. So far we’ve only seen a small slice,; perhaps there is more coming, perhaps the story and events will take us back into current zones, who knows? I’ll save my outrage until I know for a fact that the price isn’t worth it.

As for including the base game? This is just good marketing. It lowers the initial cost for new players to get into the game. I would not be surprised AT ALL if they offer a reduced price ‘account upgrade’ in the gemstore after launch — it is the PRE-ORDER that is $50. You do not have to get it now. You can get it at launch for likely a different price (higher or lower, who knows).

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

In a way the highest package is also $50, as it includes 4000 gems which is $50 worth of gems.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

That’s kittening terrible. The greed being shown by arena net is absolutely kittening terrible.

As a loyal customer I think I’ll just uninstall your kittening game now.

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

Ok bye, you wont be missed.

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

What are you doing Anet?

This is awful! I could understand 50.00 with a chr slot for the Revenant! 40 for expac+ 10 for chr slot.

Please change ur mind anet!

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Ok bye, you wont be missed.

No my 4 accounts will be though. Keep drinking the kool aid