Chuka and Champawat collection

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: perky.2160

perky.2160

Hi, I didn’t get any respond on the bud section, so I try it here.
I’m doing the Chuka and Champawat collection, not so much for the Legendary but for the Tiger babys
Now I have to do the Chuka and Champawat I: Hunter’s Journal and i fail at the very fist step.
I have the book and I visit Hrappa in Metrica Province and he said I should check the monitors.
If I do so, none of them shows any tiger.
I tried it yesterday with 3 charrs (one just did the heart for that) and again today, but still none of the many monitors shows any tiger. (all say ‘nothing of interest’, or something like ‘marauding skritt’)

Is it bugged or am I doing something wrong?
Does it have to be night/day/dawn ?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Are you certain you have checked every monitor?

perky.2160

Yes, there are a few really close to the NPC and then they stretch trough a tunnel to the other side of the mountain.
I don’t think that i missed one, did it 3 days in a row with 1-3 different character (one of them has the book in it’s inventory) and still no success.
guess I just try it every day until it works

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

The right monitor was still relatively close to the NPC, at least when I did it. You shouldn’t have to go through the tunnel.

perky.2160

Finally after 6 days, checking the monitors with 1-3 character it worked.
Nor I’m stuck at entry #8 which doesn’t finish when I’m at the end of the track.
But I’m getting there, you will see it anet.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Nor I’m stuck at entry #8 which doesn’t finish when I’m at the end of the track.

You’re not at the end of the track. Follow it on into the next zone. The tigers ran on quite a ways, so you’ve got a couple of zones to cross before you catch up and finish Entry #8.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Finally after 6 days, checking the monitors with 1-3 character it worked.
But I’m getting there, you will see it anet.

As the poster above says, it isn’t intended to update, as per a comms in the bugs forum by a dev. It is admittedly confusing, but there are a few bits like that where it just follows straight into the next zone via the neighbouring portal.