Closed Beta Info Too Vague

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Firstly I think its great that we are able to earn our beta spot through play but..

Could you please tell us the exact TIME this event starts and finishes, and also will the previous beta testers be automatically selected for closed beta or not, thankyou.

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Too. But yeah, we need more details.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Time: It would be nice to know the start but I imagine the finish will be when they have enough invites collected to reach whatever the cap is.

Previous beta: Check the other threads. Check the email you got from the first beta. You are not automatically selected.

Posted by: Niyati.4215

Niyati.4215

They haven’t announced the day for the next closed beta yet. This event is just to earn your way into the next one. I would assume this “get into C. beta” event will roll out on the patch time at noon tomorrow. There will be more info in the patch notes tomorrow.

As for previous beta testers, i would think we should be able to auto get into the next Test. I still have my Beta character/slot. the more numbers the better the test. i doubt they would dump the previous testers.

Posted by: iEpic.6709

iEpic.6709

From the first pve beta faq:

I was invited to the beta, but I can’t/couldn’t log in during the test time! Will I have another chance?

This invitation is for this Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns testing event only. This does not guarantee access to future events.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Yeah, its great what ANet are doing, but this giving us little bits of.next to useless information is starting to get old. A mystery can be good, other times it can just be down right annoying.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Too. But yeah, we need more details.

Fixed, thx, I think :P

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Tomorrow is patch day. It is rather likely that it would start after that potential patch. And those patch notes will probably include information about how it will work.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Tomorrow is patch day. It is rather likely that it would start after that potential patch. And those patch notes will probably include information about how it will work.

I agree, but wouldn’t it be nice if they just said that?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

I want to know if Silverwaste event mobs drop the portal, seeing as they drop zero loot.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

I quote from the GW2 home page: “Starting tomorrow, April 28, heroes adventuring in the Maguuma Wastes have a chance to find a mysterious portal to the heart of the Maguuma Jungle. Looting one of these special trophy items grants you access to the next Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ PvE closed beta event!”

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I don’t see anything in that statement that says they come from mobs at all.

It could be an item on the ground. It could come from herb nodes.

And I think if you’re serious about getting one it’d be silly to not play on several different maps in the region.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

I don’t see anything in that statement that says they come from mobs at all.

It could be an item on the ground. It could come from herb nodes.

For a limited time only, rare portals will drop from enemies in Dry Top and the Silverwastes.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Heh. Wasn’t in the part being quoted. Serves me right for not going and examining the source .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.