Collector's edition wish list

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

So, it is very likely that alongside the expansion, we will have also some special limited edition at sale :P

So if paying more than 60$ is not a real concern to you, what would you like to see in a deluxe boxed edition of HoT.

On my behalf I would like to see:

Digital stuff

• The game
  • Exclusive mini quaggan jungle explorer
  • A 800 gem card
  • An exclusive HoT mailer
  • A cooler glider skin
  • Open beta code and headstart

Physical goodies

• A mordrem Terragliph 30cm resin figure
  • An awesome artbook revealing some of the secrets about the making of
  • A GW2 mouse pad
  • A replica of Glint’s hourglass

So, let’s do some daytime dreaming! What’s your wishlist!?

(edited by Jade Arkadian.9280)

Posted by: Eowin Of Rohan.2619

Eowin Of Rohan.2619

I want a figurine of any Sylvari that’s relevant to the Story (Caithe for example).

I don’t want a second figurine of Rytlock appearing this time as a revenant.

Posted by: Omnia Wind.2108

Omnia Wind.2108

I’m easy to please, so I want the box version to come with a poster Maybe something small like a pin or a lanyard?

~Omnia
Yak’s Bend FO LYFE [AI] [AGI]
minipets will be the death of me

Posted by: ThFH.6048

ThFH.6048

I like your ideas for a collector’s edition about the statue added to the edition I agree with Eowin Of Rohan not another Rytlock but something else to join him would be great. Seeing the creatures in the trailer there is enough to choose from a teragriff is just one of the first choices I think there are better choices we don’t know of.

Posted by: Phex.8423

Phex.8423

I too would like a Caithe statue! Also a full soundtrack including the LS music. Maclaine and Leif’s music is awesome and deserves a spotlight on the CE.

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

I’m very picky for female character figures, specially to the very close look of their faces (some resin figures are awkwardly painted :/ )

That Rytlock shipped with the Collector’s Ed was gorgeous, and I regret not buying it (Well, I was short of money thoses days…)

But any way a Sylvari statue should have fluorescent part by any means! Imagine switching off the lights of your rooom and then notice in the dark, a green glow coming from a fabulous replica of Caithe.

(edited by Jade Arkadian.9280)

Posted by: ThFH.6048

ThFH.6048

I have only one request.
If Jeremy Soule is going to be the songmaker of the new soundtrack.

Do not add a coupon for this directsong kitten. Put the OST directly inside the collector’s edition.

I’m still waiting for the delivery of the GW2 OST order on directsong 2 years ago…

I agree please give us the soundtrack hardcopy or downloadable from the guildwars 2 site. I have looked at how directsong worked and could not find out if it worked for Europe.

Posted by: TatsuKan.5412

TatsuKan.5412

I have only one request.
If Jeremy Soule is going to be the songmaker of the new soundtrack.

Do not add a coupon for this directsong kitten. Put the OST directly inside the collector’s edition.

I’m still waiting for the delivery of the GW2 OST order on directsong 2 years ago…

[CPC] [Vizunah Square] – Nantes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nantes)

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

So, it is very likely that alongside the expansion, we will have also some special limited edition at sale :P

So if paying more than 60$ is not a real concern to you, what would you like to see in a deluxe boxed edition of HoT.

On my behalf I would like to see:

Digital stuff

• The game
  • Exclusive mini quaggan jungle explorer
  • A 800 gem card
  • An exclusive HoT mailer
  • A cooler glider skin
  • Open beta code and headstart

Physical goodies

• A mordrem Terragliph 30cm resin figure
  • An awesome artbook revealing some of the secrets about the making of
  • A GW2 mouse pad
  • A replica of Glint’s hourglass

So, let’s do some daytime dreaming! What’s your wishlist!?

To address the digital stuff:

1) An exclusive mini shouldn’t be a Quaggan, of which there are plenty from different events from Season 1 and 2. It should be something a bit…unique. A mini Mursat?

2)800 gems? So slapping $10 extra into the box to increase it by $10 so that you HAVE to get more gold or digital store items? That shouldn’t be in there really.

3) Mailer,…maybe. I rather enjoy the original pidgin.

4) Only if the Glider is of Asuran design.

5) Headstart on an expansion? No. Absolutely not. No reason to divide the community more on this game. Midnight release for everyone, no matter what. Open Beta for an expansion? Again…no.

Now the physical stuff:

1) Nope. The first CE didn’t include a statue of Zhaitan. We don’t idolize or immortalize the Dragons; we fear, hate, and despise them to a point of trying to kill them just as much as they try to kill us. That’s why the first one game with Rytlock as a hero.

2) An artbook is a given, just as the first one has one as well.

3) No need for a mouse pad. Why have one? It’s basically slapping extra artwork on something that players most like don’t use because every other expansion under the sun had one as well. Take for example my Rift CE mouse pad, it has a ceramic dragon sitting on it on a shelf; ergonomic mouse pads are far better for long game sessions anyways.

4) A secondary physical item that’s not all that remarkable. An hourglass is not all that remarkable.

Now, let’s take a look at what was in the original Collector’s Edition of GW2:

Physical Items:
*-Guild Wars 2 Game
*-Collectable Metal Box
*-10 inch Rytlock Figurine
*-112 page Make of Guild Wars 2 Book
*-Custom Art Frame
*-Art Portfolio and 5 Prints
*-Best of Guild Wars 2 Soundtrack CD

Digital Items:
*-Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill
*-Miniture Rytlock
*-Chalice of Glory (A Boost for PvP Glory)
*-Tome of Influence (+1,000 Guild Influence)
*-Golem Banker (week long bank anywhere item)

The CE of Heart of Thorns should reflectively mirror that of the original game’s CE, which emphasized the art and sound of Guild Wars 2.

My “wishlist” is as follows:

Physical:
~Game DVD
~Soundtrack work of top 10 songs
~Art prints (of the Mursaat, the General of Mordremoth, Bram/Rox/Taimi, a few temples, and the ruined Pact ships strung up in Mordremoth’s vines)
~10 inch figurine of Scruffy with Taimi on his shoulders.

Digital:
~Mini Mursaat
~10 levels Tome
~
1,000 Guild Influence
~Unique CE Finisher for PvP
~Unique CE gathering tools
~CE backpack skin.

Well, that’s my feedback based on educated guesses, assumptions, previous versions, and some crazy hallucinations.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Whatever else might be in a physical CE, I would hope a very full CD soundtrack would be included. The promise of a soundtrack was what tipped me to the physical with the first CE and I was quite disappointed with the tiny sampler CD it proved to be. Nothing else of the physical stuff made me that happy I’d bought it, except for the tin box holding it with a relief map of Tyria on the lid, that was cool, and the pretty mesmer concept art to put in the plastic art frame.

Rytlock sat in his plastic wrapping on my computer room floor for a year or two until I finally mailed him to a guildie. I’m not really a large figures collector, nor in my cluttered house do I have shelf space for them.

Posted by: Silalus.8760

Silalus.8760

Two words:

Baby.

Glint.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

If there is a big collector box, as long as it has a soundtrack (a proper one this time) and a making of/art book or a documentary for example. Then I am all for it.

Figurines are really nice, but I am fine with my Rytlock and Charrlie as it is. So not looking for one here (and hey it would be cheaper then too, which is a plus).

For digital stuff, a mini, maybe a skin of some description (though I can see this being controversial, ie. engies with their hobosacks etc.) No need for consumables akin to Chalice of Glory though (if any, at least tie it into the new content somehow).

Posted by: RhasaGhoull.6587

RhasaGhoull.6587

Ill throw my 2 cents into the ring on this one. First Digital items cost nothing to add into a CE. That said I do not see how creating CE expansion codes to include the expansion as well as 800 gems would be an issue that would make the game cost more. That concern sounds more like a concern that others may cash them in for gold and prices may go wonky for a bit. Prices will go wonky after an expansion anyway.

Digital Goodies:

The CE Expansion Code for the game + X amount of gems (not a separate code for gems to prevent ebay of gem codes)

Exclusive Mini Mursaat or Glints offspring sounds great!
Access to HoT beta when it happens.
HoT mailer seems like a good idea and its something that folks would enjoy.
Exclusive weapon or armor skin of your choice with an HoT theme.

Physical Goodies:

Caithe Statue. Clearly if they go the statue route again, which I hope they do, Caithe would be the obvious choice here.

GW2 Skin for your PC. Gelaskin type of item that you can spruce up your tower with.
GW2 Mousepad sounds good to me.
Complete GW2 Score on CD.
Some mobile swag like a TShirt or a Keyring with the logo on it.

Honestly I could care less about art books. They usually end up in a drawer somewhere.

Posted by: dadoppelny.7945

dadoppelny.7945

I’d like the Soundtrack on CD, an Artbook, a Figurine of maybe a Teragriff (though I like the trolls more, but I guess Teragriffs or the Wyverns from the trailer would be the more common choice, and I am okay with that). In case they want the figurines to be again Heroes of the Story, I would like Canach, as he seems to be more heroic in HoT, and I like him better than Caithe. That’s for physical things, don’t need much more. I really liked the credit card sized things you got back in GW1 (I had them all in my wallet as a teen), so that would be neat, but I guess they go with the cheaper paper serial codes now. Oh and I could’t care less about key rings. I’ve got so many keyrings, my god. Mario Kart, Child of Light…

As for in-game content, I would like maybe a three day headstart + beta access for those that pre-order the game, like with the original game, but that isn’t necesarily bound to CE. A minipet should be a given, maybe one of the dinosaurs or, again, the Wyverns. A special backpiece skin, mordrem vines kinda things maybe. I demand a special backpiece! Also, as I am a big fan of Aura-Items (the black, green and orange refractor + preserved bee queen), a thing that would make roots grow out of your characters feet. A unique emote for CE owners, Glider Skin, free special armor set from the gemstore (a new one for HoT, of course.)

Posted by: DoIKnowYou.3896

DoIKnowYou.3896

I would like to see:
- early beta key
-exclusive glider skin
-A concept art book
-A special mini (something jungly)
-An armor skin or outfit for the jungle (maybe even the jungle explorer outfit)
-3 day head start (maybe?)
-A jungle tonic of some sort
- HoT of course :P
-CD of music from HoT, not base game
- HoT mailer (what if a vine gave you mail!?!?!)
- Some tomes for the new profession(maybe?)
- NO CONSUMABLES like the chalice!
Mostly cosmetic stuff as I do like cosmetics I love decking my engi out! I would easily pay 60-200 bucks for a good CE!

Active Gw2 member who is ready to venture into the jungle! :)

(edited by DoIKnowYou.3896)

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

I don’t want a figurine, I got a Rytlock on my shelve that will never be like that in the game again…sniff.

Some nice digital content, for example extra skins for gliders, a Revenant-Rytlock Minipet, etc.

Regarding physical content:
-An artbook(hardcover)
-A rough map of the maguuma-jungle, printed on fabric, not on paper.
-Annnd…
Do you know these pots to grow herbs in? Those with a water-reservoir under the section with earth, so that you just refill the water every few days and the earth gets just the right amount of humidity?

I want the box the CE comes in to be one of those with a small UV-light above and a packet of different herbseeds, small vegetableseeds(chili-seeds for example).

Imagine playing HoT and on your desk next to you stands a mordremoth-themed box with plastic-vines on the outside and inside you can watch your own herbs or chilis grow day by day as you level your masteries!

Posted by: Lunarhound.7324

Lunarhound.7324

It’s the digital goodies, especially cosmetic stuff, that I really care about, so I’ll leave the suggestions for physical stuff to other people.

My top hopes, in order of preference, from most to least favorite:

1. Either an outfit, or a set of armor skins with 0 transmutation cost.
2. Weapon skins with 0 transmutation cost.
3. An alternate glider skin

If I get at least one of those things, I’ll be happy. Anything else is just icing.

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

Loved the metal box with the first CE, the art work and the Rytlock figure which still sits on my desk now. I’d like to see similar items in a HoT collector’s edition.

As for digital items – I would most like to see a cool glider skin – dyeable if possible, although not a deal-breaker if not. A few armor or weapon skins would be nice, or even just some Black Lion claim tickets, as well as the usual minipets, boosters etc you would expect.

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Lux.7491

Lux.7491

so guys im newer to guildwars do you think they will have a collectors edition for the new expansion ? if so guessing how much will it cost?

Posted by: Photonman.6241

Photonman.6241

I want a squishable quaggan. Kinda like below, but in quaggan shape. I don’t care if it’s in the collector’s edition or just sold online. I just want one, and no matter how much I try to push my money through my monitor it won’t work!
(Not 100% this is kosher with ToS, and I’m sorry if it’s not)
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e5ed/

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

so guys im newer to guildwars do you think they will have a collectors edition for the new expansion ? if so guessing how much will it cost?

The one for GuildWars 2 did cost around 150€. But I think that was an extreme with that handpainted, large figurine of Rytlock in it.

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Physical:

Game CD
Soundtrack
several lithograms
Art Book
A statue of a crystal egg with a dragon snuggled up inside (would be neat)

Digital
Game Code
exclusive glider (still have to get mastery for it to be used)
new Elite skill relevant to HoT
exclusive outfit

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Digital version requests
- Exclusive mini (would LOVE to have the Shadow Dragon or something similar)
- An exclusive skill similar to the Spirit Wolf summon from original CE for GW
- An armor set (would love exclusive, but a themed one from gem store would be ok)
- Something for my home instance

A few special mentions I liked from other people:
- Special mailer
- Exclusive glider skin
- Exclusive outfit (though I prefer the armor so I can mix and match with other stuff)
- Unique gathering tools

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I just hope that it arrives on time.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Another elite skill. I like the Mistfire Wolf. It’s a fun treat for my underlevels!

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

The one for GuildWars 2 did cost around 150€. But I think that was an extreme with that handpainted, large figurine of Rytlock in it.

More than just the statue. Here, read:

Now, let’s take a look at what was in the original Collector’s Edition of GW2:

Physical Items:
*-Guild Wars 2 Game
*-Collectable Metal Box
*-10 inch Rytlock Figurine
*-112 page Make of Guild Wars 2 Book
*-Custom Art Frame
*-Art Portfolio and 5 Prints
*-Best of Guild Wars 2 Soundtrack CD

Digital Items:
*-Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill
*-Miniture Rytlock
*-Chalice of Glory (A Boost for PvP Glory)
*-Tome of Influence (+1,000 Guild Influence)
*-Golem Banker (week long bank anywhere item)

That’s a lot of goodies for the $150 cost. Went out and got some nice shadowbox frames for the rest of the prints besides the 1 pre-framed with the provided one. Hope they do something very similar to it again.

Posted by: Lux.7491

Lux.7491

Thanks for the info i would throw my money at them if they made a collector’s edition like that i missed out on the launch one xD

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Well, the art frame is a simple white plastic thing and the soundtrack CD is a tiny sampler of about 30 seconds each of 5 pieces (I may exaggerate, but not by much). I don’t collect figures like that. So I did feel disappointed in the CE, though glad I’d supported the game’s successful launch.

The stuff I had to go through with GameStop to make sure they knew how to order it and that I could have it right away on early access Friday, though, man. That’s one reason I’ve been more interested in digital downloads since then.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I want the music box.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: KleineMade.6902

KleineMade.6902

I have all GW1 CE (these had cost 50€) and the GW2 CE and I am kinda disappointet of the Ingame Items of it.

what i would love:

Physical Items:
- Figure
- Mousepad
- Map Poster (I´ve really missed this)
- beta key

Ingame:
(i think it should have been more items)
- cool Dragon Minipet
- signature emotes / dance
- skins
- cool glider
- gem card
- Special mailer

and: 150$ are NOT 150€! thats brash.

Also i would love more merchandise (not specific or CE).

ps. sorry for bad english

(edited by KleineMade.6902)

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

With Rytlock playing such a major part in the expansion announcement, I think a statue of Rytlock in Revenant form would fit very well for a physical collectors edition item.

Posted by: Nearo.2365

Nearo.2365

Gotta say, I’d be /all/ for a Caithe statue too. It’d be pretty cool, since plants, and there’s already Rytlock.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Digital wishes:

Extra char slot
Maguuma themed elite (like mistfire wolf skill is now for base CE)
Some sort of royal terrace but in Maguuma access
Beta acces! (almost forgot, but definitely a wish cause the launch CE had it also)

Physical wishes:

- Statue of Caithe (I like her, and sylvari + her are major theme, it’s gotta be, Rytlock already has statue so Caithe it is).
- Sound Track! Oh man I keep wanting gw2 soundtrack but it’s so hard to get (physical) in EU. Site of Jeremy soule is not to EU friendly. Should have bought on amazon when it was launch price but hey that was superior short, and i’d like to think before i purchase something. Please add all scarlet living story + other new gw2 themed songs onto a disc and give them with this Edition plz, if not for NA, do it for EU as a courtesy for how hard it is there to get physical copy of it.
- Another book like the Gw 2 CE book. A little deeper behind scenes, and since we know a lot of devs now, interviews would be nice too.
- Similar metal chest like gw2 CE in Maguuma Theme.
- Posters like gw2 CE.
- etc.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

Posted by: Exxod The Great.5167

Exxod The Great.5167

I think one of the dragons would look great in the Collectors Edition Box

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

Life size cardboard cutout of Trahearne.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

Posted by: Ouli.2809

Ouli.2809

hoyeah, the new Rytlock figurine