Commander vs. Mentor – Change Recommendation

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: ZombieFrags.4206

ZombieFrags.4206

So let me start off in saying I like what you have done with the Mentor. However I have a few issues I think should be brought up. I as well have a few recommendations for changes to help fix this.

The commander’s tag is a bit more difficult to get than the mentors tag however seems that the mentors tag may have a bit more power in chat than commanders. I myself have a commander’s tag and have experienced difficulty in leading a zerg when a mentor(s) have been involved. You can get the mentors tag with little time, however the commanders tag does take some time and I think should have a bit more.

So recommendations to help fix this issue.

1. Put “Commander” in chat in front of a commander’s name.

2. Make the title “Commander” and anything the commander types into chat colored to what the tag color is.

Anyone else have any thoughts to help fix this?

Anet what are your thoughts?

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

I am not a commander myself, I did get a mentor though but also not using it. I’m to lazy to lead stuff. I second this request to add some changes to the commander tag.

If I was a casual new player or something I would follow the mentor cause his name in map chat actually says Mentor, and his icon in map chat is a bit bigger than the commanders

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

I agree that something needs done. This is slapping everyone who earned their Commander Tags in the face. IIRC, Mentors also get a boost for their group. THAT needs to go right now.

Try leading the labyrinth door hunt until a Mentor “Tags up” then the whole group disappears because the Mentor Tag on the map has more detail than our Commander Doritos.

I would throw out there that Mentors not get a tag unless they have a Commander’s Tag.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Detranis.9836

Detranis.9836

In my opinion it would be appropriate to give a chat title to commanders, but the mentor tag shouldn’t be removed.
A second option would be to increase the amount of XP needed to buy the mentor tag and add a small gold fee (e.g. 3kk XP + 50 gold).

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

This is a worry I did have on hearing the Mentor tag. The issue though is that anyone can get a tag. Mentor or otherwise. The tag does not denote whether you know more or not compared to the other tag. I could go drop $20 right now and buy a Commander tag.

It is simply another tag in the game. If the Mentor does not lead well, then folks leave for another tag, same as tags currently in the game. I have very little problem with the tag situation as it is really no different than it was before. Just a prettier tag. If you lose your zerg, you lose your zerg. If the mentor is doing badly, folks will stop following, and will flock to a new tag, or your own.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw