Concern: Between Now and Then?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Outlaw.3421

Outlaw.3421

So, we now have some details about the expansion and I am looking forward to it. My concern is what happens between now and then?

We currently do not have a release date, but Season 2 of the Living Story is done as well. What will be going on in the mean time while we are waiting for the expansion or news about it?

WvW Tournament? Return of the Super Adventure Box?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

In a perfect world we’d get S3 between now and then, worst case we get nothing.

Posted by: Outlaw.3421

Outlaw.3421

So it looks like 6 weeks before it demos at PAX, but will there be anything going on in game before or during that time? Came back from a 6 week break to potentially another 6 week or longer break?

I have nothing against them taking off for holidays – everyone should be with family. I just think the schedule is little open right now

Posted by: Iristrismegistus.1293

Iristrismegistus.1293

I think this a very important question to raise. One that should be put elsewhere.

What will we done for the next few months? Super Adventure Box would be a good thing to relieve the monotony. Or another WvW tournament.

I mean, granted, a break period is always welcome, but some filler content would be nice. A new SAB would be great. Or another sale. Or even (hopefully), a small challenge to unlock previously unattainable/hiiden skins, like the PvP masquerade armour:

wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Masquerade_armor

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

It definitely will not be season 3, as the story of the expansion takes place literally the day after the pact crash apparently. There’s a possibility for other things like SAB though, considering there is no current living world season to impede it.

Iristrismegistus.1293

I really hope there’ll be a SAB. Or even some small side-quest. Like a revisit to Southsun. Or some minor problem in Orr. Just, anything.

Heck, I think there should be a small quest to get a dragonite eater. We got one for bloodstone dust and crystals, we should have one for dragontie. I’m not sure if I can wait for an expansion before I get a dragontie eater, but I definitely would like a small quest in order to get one.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well… I think I’m just going to get some more ascended armor now they said we wouldn’t get new tiers and stuff. Mursaat were able to afflict “agony” on people in gw1…
Ascended seems to be end level for now….

If they are NOT friendly (and I really doubt they are) I want to have something to protect me…

So more dungeons, and mat farming, some wvw leveling, I’m almost silver….,

Maybe craft an ascended GS for my Necro and a Staff for my ranger…
Get mats for an ascended armor for my revenant, Rytlock still has a sword and seemingly a staff….,
Stack up 60 ToK (minimum) for speed leveling so I can instalevel my revenant…Get my 100 scrolls of knowledge some company… cold use a stack, maybe 2 stacks so I’m prepared if some nice legendary comes around…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Iristrismegistus.1293

I don’t think new tiers is a good idea. Making ascended is already difficult and costly, and if Mursaat can inflict agony, that makes it even worse (as it is, I mostly run exotics, and the meta for this game changes to such an extent that I’m not sure if the stats I pick for ascended armour today will remain relevant tomorrow)

But yeah… why not a quest that helps us prepare for HoT? I think that would be a nice bonus. Doesn’t have to be pact related: we could get Adventuretron to takes us on a ‘journey through tyria as its currently known’, with the last stop being the deeper part of the maguuma jungles.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I don’t think new tiers is a good idea. Making ascended is already difficult and costly, and if Mursaat can inflict agony, that makes it even worse (as it is, I mostly run exotics, and the meta for this game changes to such an extent that I’m not sure if the stats I pick for ascended armour today will remain relevant tomorrow)

Well I have 8 mains, They have ascended weapons and trinkets, but only 3 have some ascended armor pieces, 1 has 2 full sets.
My 7 alts have all or no ascended trinkets, and only a few have ascended weapons…
I do not expect my exotic alts to be instantly degraded to the “older regions” But I do expect some other uses of agony resist…

But yeah… why not a quest that helps us prepare for HoT? I think that would be a nice bonus. Doesn’t have to be pact related: we could get Adventuretron to takes us on a ‘journey through tyria as its currently known’, with the last stop being the deeper part of the maguuma jungles.

I just want to see what will happen when it happens..

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

well i guess they gonna open the pavillion again or actually the SAB or maybe got a new event ready to celebrate the incoming xpac. Well i really dont think they would let people sitting there with blue balls now that the hype train runs on all engines