Concerns with Map Bonus Rewards

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Edit: Nevermind. I need to learn to read.

(edited by AegisRunestone.8672)

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Tag and run will be common I’m betting.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There are no Map Bonus Rewards in starter zones.

Probably not much different than the Dailies in certain maps. But, considering there will be rewards from maps all over Tyria, maybe players will find they need to stay and finish the events or the events will fail because the population is so spread out.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Will you have people just taging and leaving maybe. But others will stay. Why worry about what others do.

Posted by: gamerinachair.4057

gamerinachair.4057

I honestly think that we should just wait until HoT drops before we jump to conclusions. I personally have faith in ANet.

“If we do not end war, war will end us.” -H.G. Wells

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If it becomes a problem, they can make it a drop on the ground at the event site that only lasts a set period of time.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Bandituz.8564

Bandituz.8564

Well, one solution would be to let the progress toward the next bonus item scale depending on your effort: For gold medal 1/2, silver 1/4 and bronze 1/8 or something like that. Also a progress bar would be a nice feature.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I’d like to see a platinum event completion bonus. It would only be achievable by being present for min 3/4 of the event, being within the event zone at the time of completion and having a very high level of participation (ptagged at least 50% of the enemies in the event; turned in a large number of the items… etc)
Getting platinum reward level would give extra rewards in the bonus chest as well as more money/karma/exp.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

If you could just kill 1 critter and move on for a more then 50% reward the fact you could do so many more rewards would make tag and bail interesting… It would also give problems… due to people nearly instantly leaving single events and just stacking on big events upscaling it all to champs.

We’ll see…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

ITs funny tag n’ run has always been the thing in the past when you have maps designed like Orr – there is absolutely no purpose staying behind.

The same is true in the new HOT map we saw – you’re going to need XP. The fastest XP (comes from): Tag N Run – on the events. We saw the rise of this problem yet again rear its head in the HOT Maps.

The design metric is flawed when killing foes should give more Gold/XP/Karma than the event itself. This is the only way to ensure people can be bothered to stick arounud for them.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

The design metric is flawed when killing foes should give more Gold/XP/Karma than the event itself. This is the only way to ensure people can be bothered to stick around for them.

Totally agree with this. I’m hoping we’ll see some changes to the event reward system eventually, maybe as part of a future feature pack.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

ITs funny tag n’ run has always been the thing in the past when you have maps designed like Orr – there is absolutely no purpose staying behind.

The same is true in the new HOT map we saw – you’re going to need XP. The fastest XP (comes from): Tag N Run – on the events. We saw the rise of this problem yet again rear its head in the HOT Maps.

The design metric is flawed when killing foes should give more Gold/XP/Karma than the event itself. This is the only way to ensure people can be bothered to stick arounud for them.

And dropless mobs really don’t help either, as there’s zero incentive to kill more than necessary for event credit.

They want people to stick around three things need to happen.
1. Mobs need drops, which I think I saw at least a few in VB so maybe it won’t be the same loot wasteland SW was (drop wise)
2. Participation tiers need to be more distinct and worthwhile.
3. End of event, on the ground spawned chest, and not just for the one big zone event, even if its just a few champ bags (that can’t be worse income than chest farming SW)

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon