Condition of HoT

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: god.2659

god.2659

Condition of HoT

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The score is going up. It was 3.9 earlier.

Condition of HoT

god.2659

will you be celebrating once it stagnates at 6, my friend ?

Condition of HoT

Ashen.2907

Celebrating?

What are you talking about?

Condition of HoT

god.2659

Celebrating?

this expansion was a bust, so at least the people who play the game and are not completely deluded should recognize that

Condition of HoT

Ashen.2907

Celebrating?

this expansion was a bust, so at least the people who play the game and are not completely deluded should recognize that

What does that have to do with what I said or referring to me as, “celebrating?”

Condition of HoT

god.2659

Celebrating?

listen bud stop being a weenie over this

What does that have to do with what I said or referring to me as, “celebrating?”

listen bud quit being a weenie over this

Condition of HoT

Posted by: Hadephobiac.6095

Hadephobiac.6095

Seriously, nuke it to oblivion I’ve never regretted paying for anything more in my life.

And i’ve made some seriously questionable purchases.

Condition of HoT

Ashen.2907

Celebrating?

listen bud stop being a weenie over this

listen bud quit being a weenie over this

Seriously, what are you going on about?

I noted that the score is currently higher than it was a few hours ago. You know, made an accurate and honest post. Can’t say I am happy with the current trend, but I am not going to lie about it.

Personally I hope that HoT scores very low because I do not care for verticality, jumping puzzles, or general platformer style gameplay and hope that a poor score for HoT will encourage Anet to avoid emphasizing this sort of content in the future.

Condition of HoT

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

I’m not going to vote till I get into WvW, after I get through this ridiculous pve grind to get my Revenant Herald spec… but if I had to vote today I’d give it a 0. I’ve spent most of the day simply finding ways of getting to the hero challenges, only to find that I need some stupid mastery precursors to get the hero challenge done.

Condition of HoT

Posted by: Eddie Mo.7169

Eddie Mo.7169

I’m not going to vote till I get into WvW, after I get through this ridiculous pve grind to get my Revenant Herald spec… but if I had to vote today I’d give it a 0. I’ve spent most of the day simply finding ways of getting to the hero challenges, only to find that I need some stupid mastery precursors to get the hero challenge done.

The truth… Most people are so quick to just quit and or give a bad review after playing for about 20 minutes.

Play it through then rate it.

Condition of HoT

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Interesting that a good percentage of the “positive” reviews spend more time namecalling people who don’t care for the expansion than actually talking about the expansion. Seems the usual suspects found the site.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Condition of HoT

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

It’s funny that all of the positive reviews are blanket 10’s that do little more than admonish anyone giving a negative review. The fanboys are out in a tour de force, only there to skew the rating.

It should be a 3.9 permanently. I think that’s accurate.

One foot out the door, yet again.

Condition of HoT

Posted by: Vaylor.6974

Vaylor.6974

I hate this expansion. I haven’t been playing this game very long, but I already have 5 level 80 chars. All leveled primarily through pvp experience books. It’s nice that I can take my characters, and go do pve or wvw(which I do quite a bit of) without having to excessively grind for gear or hero points. At least it was nice. If I like a new build using the new traits that I paid money for… now I have to grind more pve than I’ve done in my entire playing time to just get 1 spec for 1 character.

Add on to that, the new zones suck. I just want to get hero points, that’s it. To do so, however, I need to grind a lot. Then once I’ve mindlessly done events, I can jump around for 30 minutes trying to get to a hero point. Then I find out that I dropped into an area with 5 veterans and 1 champion who just 1 shot me before I can even move. Time to move on to trying to find the next hero point, only to find I need yet more grinding to even get there. Yes, I spent all day today trying to figure out this pve crap that I’ve never had to even touch before.

Thank god my girlfriend had the sense to not buy the expansion, as she’d instantly quit the game and never play again. She’s not good at jumping puzzle type things, and gets lost very very easily. I couldn’t imagine her trying to find her way around the new areas. Please just change the point requirements for the new specializations to something more reasonable like 100, or put in a pvp alternative to gain the points. I do want to have my main spec line available for when I do other things, after all I paid good money for it.

Condition of HoT

Posted by: imbalancedhero.3968

imbalancedhero.3968

Somewhere in the Arenanet building someone had a brilliant idea. By locking character mobility, hero points, and mastery points behind gated experience bars, they could make players circle the same area over and over and OVER again to make a content release seem much bigger than it actually is.

Now dont get me wrong I am having fun playing the expansion right now (a lot more than some of my other friends anyway), but if I had to objectively rate this expansion it would probably only get a 4/10 from me.

Condition of HoT

Eddie Mo.7169

Lol I clicked on the link and it was 10 positive, 26 negative, then read 3 reviews, then refreshed it and it’s 57-52 now…

Condition of HoT

Eddie Mo.7169

Haha I guess we now see who and how vocal the minority is.

Condition of HoT

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Who trusts a rating system whose overall score is based on so many 0/10 and 10/10 reviews 3-4 days after release.

Should be the last place to look for any semblance of valid review, the demographic of players influencing that score seems pretty clear. Ragers and white knights.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Condition of HoT

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

There are quite a few reviews giving the expansion a 10 that don’t even discuss the actual game, but rather try to discredit any and all criticism leveled against the it. Most of these reviewers have just one review in their history; perhaps they didn’t realize we could check that…perhaps they didn’t realize how thinly veiled their white-knighting would be when they rushed to ArenaNet’s defense.

My favorite review is this one…

“Even if ithink it need improving, not-so-smart ppl using score to get theyr way needs to stop. And this 10/10 is to help that at leats in a small way. Go ANET”

That’s one’s ironic on many several levels. Objectivity, it appears, it not required to review video games on Metacritic.

Condition of HoT

Eddie Mo.7169

Who trusts a rating system whose overall score is based on so many 0/10 and 10/10 reviews 3-4 days after release.

Should be the last place to look for any semblance of valid review, the demographic of players influencing that score seems pretty clear. Ragers and white knights.

Not talking about reviews, but the # of ragers who thought they were the majority.

There are quite a few reviews giving the expansion a 10 that don’t even discuss the actual game, but rather try to discredit any and all criticism leveled against the it. Most of these reviewers have just one review in their history; perhaps they didn’t realize we could check that…perhaps they didn’t realize how thinly veiled their white-knighting would be when they rushed to ArenaNet’s defense.

“Even if ithink it need improving, not-so-smart ppl using score to get theyr way needs to stop. And this 10/10 is to help that at leats in a small way. Go ANET”

That’s one’s ironic on many several levels. Objectivity, it appears, it not required to review video games on Metacritic.

There are many 0/10’s that are also not justified.

Condition of HoT

fireflyry.7023

Not talking about reviews, but the # of ragers who thought they were the majority.

I don’t really see that as being relevant. One extreme is just as bad as the other and both are minority subjective opinion.

Objectivity, it appears, it not required to review video games on Metacritic.

^This.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Condition of HoT

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I don’t know the last time I saw real reviews on metacritic as opposed to protest reviews used to “punish” companies.

Condition of HoT

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

Heyy, I wanted to post something similar but you beat me to it. Oh well, I’ll just post it anyway. Enjoy:

There are quite a few reviews giving the expansion a 0 that don’t even discuss the actual game, but rather try to discredit any and all praise leveled against it. Most of these reviewers have just one review in their history; perhaps they didn’t realize we could check that…perhaps they didn’t realize how thinly veiled their hate-mongering would be when they rushed to bash ArenaNet.

“So depressing and dull one loses interest in the new ‘content’ after say 20 mins of trying to figure out which mushroom to jump on to reach the champion you cannot fight. Soulless game that forces players to play the new ‘areas’. Problem is no one wants to play there.”

That one’s so ironic on many several levels. Objectivity, it appears, it not required to review video games on Metacritic.

(edited by Straylight.7529)

Condition of HoT

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

And the positive reviews are now out weighing the negative by an increasingly comfortable margin, twice as many positives as negatives

(edited by Morfedel.4165)

Condition of HoT

Eddie Mo.7169

I don’t really see that as being relevant. One extreme is just as bad as the other and both are minority subjective opinion.

Objectivity, it appears, it not required to review video games on Metacritic.

^This.

If matters if one side or both sides think that the one side was the majority. No we know that it isn’t the majority.

Heyy, I wanted to post something similar but you beat me to it. Oh well, I’ll just post it anyway. Enjoy:

There are quite a few reviews giving the expansion a 0 that don’t even discuss the actual game, but rather try to discredit any and all praise leveled against it. Most of these reviewers have just one review in their history; perhaps they didn’t realize we could check that…perhaps they didn’t realize how thinly veiled their hate-mongering would be when they rushed to bash ArenaNet.

“So depressing and dull one loses interest in the new ‘content’ after say 20 mins of trying to figure out which mushroom to jump on to reach the champion you cannot fight. Soulless game that forces players to play the new ‘areas’. Problem is no one wants to play there.”

That one’s so ironic on many several levels. Objectivity, it appears, it not required to review video games on Metacritic.

My personal favorite is the “grind grind grind… 0/10” that’s all he wrote.

(edited by Eddie Mo.7169)

Condition of HoT

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

All the new numbers prove is that the pro Anet “activists” are more fanatical than the negative “activists”

There are very few honest reviews in that entire mess.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Condition of HoT

Eddie Mo.7169

All the new numbers prove is that the pro Anet “activists” are more fanatical than the negative “activists”

There are very few honest reviews in that entire mess.

Which is already invalidated by the current forums status.

Condition of HoT

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Cuz when I want to hear the real truth about a game and is the ONLY DECIDING FACTOR if I play or not. I choose metacritic.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Condition of HoT

fireflyry.7023

If matters if one side or both sides think that the one side was the majority. No we know that it isn’t the majority.

Not really.

When I first saw this score mentioned over 12 hours ago here it was around 3 or 4, now it’s up to 7. As such I don’t place merit on it or what it represents in regards to who outnumbers who.

For all we know it could be a handful of people with disposable accounts and as mentioned the “majority” of the recent 10/10 “reviews” are from first time users obviously back lashing against the initial negative responses.

Grain of salt.

Condition of HoT

Posted by: Archy.1046

Archy.1046

Most of people who like expac are playing expac. The ones that RAGE are making whiny cry baby threads and make 1/10 score on websites. But now as we can see scores went up and continue to do so, because the amount of raging casuals is very low compared to the general player base.

Condition of HoT

darkace.8925

Most of people who like expac are playing expac. The ones that RAGE are making whiny cry baby threads and make 1/10 score on websites. But now as we can see scores went up and continue to do so, because the amount of raging casuals is very low compared to the general player base.

So let me get this straight. When the number of negative reviews outnumber the positive, it’s because a vocal minority is the only one bothering to review the game. But when the number of positive reviews outnumbers the negative, it’s a vocal majority? Is that what you’re saying? Surely I’m just misunderstanding what it is you’re actually trying to say?

Condition of HoT

Posted by: Archy.1046

Archy.1046

So let me get this straight. When the number of negative reviews outnumber the positive, it’s because a vocal minority is the only one bothering to review the game. But when the number of positive reviews outnumbers the negative, it’s a vocal majority? Is that what you’re saying? Surely I’m just misunderstanding what it is you’re actually trying to say?

1. When op made this topic the link had very low scores and low amount of votes. So that means the first guys who went voting were the ones that rage. I voted only an hour ago for example, because was too busy enjoying the game. Same for my friends and etc.

2. When 20 hours or so passed, the number of votes increased many times and so did the average score. Which means most of people actually enjoy HoT and the rage quitting whires are the minority.

Condition of HoT

darkace.8925

1. When op made this topic the link had very low scores and low amount of votes. So that means the first guys who went voting were the ones that rage. I voted only an hour ago for example, because was too busy enjoying the game. Same for my friends and etc.

2. When 20 hours or so passed, the number of votes increased many times and so did the average score. Which means most of people actually enjoy HoT and the rage quitting whires are the minority.

So I did understand you. Wow…okay then.

Condition of HoT

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Yep I’ve been enjoying. Playing with my lvl 80 revenant doing the personal story getting HP along the way for my elete spec and getting experience for my mastery.

Condition of HoT

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

Most of people who like expac are playing expac.

Then why are the zones so empty?

Condition of HoT

Posted by: Aerwyna.2541

Aerwyna.2541

Celebrating?

Aw but I am not deluded and I think its wonderful. :/

Renoria Blackheart loves her kitty Kronos. <3
Proud member of the Blackgate community.

Condition of HoT

Aerwyna.2541

Mine arent :o

Condition of HoT

Posted by: Xetu.7341

Xetu.7341

They would get a more accurate rating if they would silently cut out all 10 and 0 votes.

Condition of HoT

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Mine are.. mine are entirely dead…all the events are empty, and its not giving me the option to move maps ;-;

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Condition of HoT

Aerwyna.2541

Mine are.. mine are entirely dead…all the events are empty, and its not giving me the option to move maps ;-;

Aww, mine are wonderfully populated.

I wonder what thats all about :/

Condition of HoT

Dante.1763

Aww, mine are wonderfully populated.

I wonder what thats all about :/

Party me pwease so i can come to your maps then ;-; i just want the bladed chest piece xD

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Condition of HoT

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

It’s funny that all of the positive reviews are blanket 10’s that do little more than admonish anyone giving a negative review. The fanboys are out in a tour de force, only there to skew the rating.

It should be a 3.9 permanently. I think that’s accurate.

And the 0 reviews that are out in force are generally substantive, patient, and well thought out?

Funny watching fanboys and haters square off and pretend that the other one is the bigger kitten. You’re all kittens. HoT has a lot of good (tons of quality of life, guild halls, polish, improvements to the base game such as leagues, additional content for every mode, variety ie repeatable adventures) and bad (lots of grind but not enough content to make said grind interesting, WvW map basically kills the game mode for lower tiers outside of EB, massive grindfest for one elite spec one char).

The funny thing is, both sides should be waiting to post until the fullness of the content is experienced. People forget, in addition, that this expac also includes living world updates and raids, neither of which are really here at the moment. 0s and 10s are both premature.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Condition of HoT

Posted by: masterJP.5048

masterJP.5048

It went up to 7.1 (10/27/2015)

Lordy Green , THE Elementalist
Angela Sky , THE Guardian
Orochimarei , THE Necromancer

Condition of HoT

Dante.1763

If i was to review the game, id give it a 5… BUT if the HP where different it would be an 8 or a 9….

Condition of HoT

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

This is childish, bombing review scores because you couldn’t read release info.

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

Condition of HoT

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

And that’s why I never trust metacritic user review// :> .

Consider the amount of kitten in the forum and stuff . It will absolutely inaccurate.

Condition of HoT

Posted by: IEatCabbage.1907

IEatCabbage.1907

meh its like a 7.2 now, and the original game is like a 7.9 so meh

Condition of HoT

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

Whiners will always whine. Metacritic user reviews are always a joke. The maps are great, the events are great, the only thing that’s bothering me is the story bugging out. I rate it a solid 8.5. The Dragon Stand meta event is especially amazing.