Confirmed: Numbers don't matter

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Devs confirmed this every 5 seconds that the numbers(Damage, healing, Boon duration, etc) in each trait doesn’t matter.

So if your Lightning Rod trait does 1 damage it might be changed into a million damage or maybe something healthy like 1000 damage.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Could we maybe call it “numbers aren’t final”?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Yeah, kinda misleading tittle.
Numbers matter for sure, only the current ones are’t final.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: BladeRain.6543

BladeRain.6543

From the stream

The final numbers will be somewhere between 1 and 1 million. That is a 100% factual statement. (Paraphrased)

I’m inclined to believe it’s true. Somewhat off-topic, but I hope these sort of late-brainstorming, work-in-progress feature streams become a regular/more frequent thing. I thought it was just a blast to watch both as a player and amateur game designer.

(“Amateur” is far too generous of a term but the only one I can think of.)

=-= 80 of every class | Bad at all of them =-=
Hyperbole is the absolute worst thing in the universe.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Can anyone point me to a single instance where the “numbers” not final reveal have EVER been changed before it went live? Every leak, and every preview i’ve ever seen has gone to live with the exact same numbers. I don’t remember any changes actually being made.

I’d love if they actually looked at the numbers and adjusted them, but I just don’t remember them ever actually doing this.

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Can anyone point me to a single instance where the “numbers” not final reveal have EVER been changed before it went live? Every leak, and every preview i’ve ever seen has gone to live with the exact same numbers. I don’t remember any changes actually being made.

I’d love if they actually looked at the numbers and adjusted them, but I just don’t remember them ever actually doing this.

Except they have never asked for feedback this long before a balance update went live so there is nothing to compare this case to.

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Did they say when the balance patch was going live?

Because they have asked before for feedback prior to releasing balance patches and did jack-squat with said feedback.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

They showed off the idea and intent of the new specializations and UI changes. They haven’t even begun to touch numbers and balancing. So they are saying that while numbers are being shown, none of them are representative of what we will see in beta or the final live version. Get your panties unbunched.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

They showed off the idea and intent of the new specializations and UI changes. They haven’t even begun to touch numbers and balancing. So they are saying that while numbers are being shown, none of them are representative of what we will see in beta or the final live version. Get your panties unbunched.

This tells me they are farther away from release than we ever imagined.

I’m not wearing panties. Have a nice day.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Or we can prepare for a huge, rushed mess. Probably a very good thing they’re releasing this with a patch before the expansion’s release. I’m more than eager to test this out.

It’ll make or break my decision to buy the expansion at this point.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

To me this is clearly a departure for ANet – they are asking for feedback not just on broader ideas, but some specifics as well, several months before they will likely release it. All you have to do is compare this behavior to their behavior in the last trait revamp or the NPE feature pack. Do you remember the last time several ANets deves took four and a half hours to explain something to us and ask for our feedback? I don’t because I suspect it has never happened before.

The traits revamp will happen before the release of HOT (they were definite about that and it makes sense to me that they want it released prior to HOT). So, I would guess that you should back up one month prior to the release of HOT before we see this go live – if it is an anniversary release then maybe we see this in early July.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Arrow, they’ve asked for feedback before on proposed changes but nearly nothing happened with that feedback. I’d go back and search for you but, no. A few things trickled in from the multiple CDIs. I remember each of those times that the balance patch notes were “leaked” and when the patch hit those leaked notes being pretty spot on. Again, I’ve had too much Wild Turkey 101 to go back and find it all for you but you can feel free to use the terrible search engine on this forum (or use Google to site search) to find the locked threads about the “leaked” balance patches.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Numbers may not matter but never use asterisks, moderators find them deeply offensive.